Lost Drone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KAIKEONG
New

China

Hi!

If we lose the drone while flying, it would land when the battery goes flat. If someone else pick up, can he
use it. Just like a lost hand phone. Do a overall reset and it can be used.

Thanks.
2017-11-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

If they buy a remote and sync it to the drone,  yes.
2017-11-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Yes as Alabama say, no problems using DJI drones whatever they are found in the wild or stolen on purpose. Difference by Drone and Phone is that you can get a phone locked down by carrier.

Hereby a request for DJI to implement some lockout feature from App, Assistant or Web, this should be very easy implemented so that the drone get locked at first access to DJI's systems, eventually with a popup notice with owner contact info.

At the same time a "handover feature" seem to be needed, so that one owner can re-register the drone to other account, lot of people is asking how to get the icon on their profile when they have bought a second hand drone.
2017-11-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this to our engineers for further review. You can label your contact info on the aircraft for now.
2017-11-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 02:52
Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this to our engineers for further review. You can label your contact info on the aircraft for now.

"You can label your contact info on the aircraft for now"
I already have to due to our rules here in Denmark, but this wont stop a thief using the equipment.

Also as mentioned the other day in other thread, it would make things more secure if it was possible after the login on the app to add a locally store code/pin needed to be entered in order to use the equipment. Just like most (all?) cellphones have.
2017-11-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 02:52

This was my thought the other day:

The problem is, just like about car driving, it does not have to be the one the drone reg no. is registered to (and who's name/number is on the drone, is the one actually flying it.

As there is no ignition lock on the DJI drones, the mandatory login should at first login change to a local stored unlock code making it unable to fly or even relink without this code entered. This would make the drone unusable if stolen and solve the issues people have when by accident gets logged out where no internet connection is available.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-20 06:41
This was my thought the other day:

The problem is, just like about car driving, it does not have to be the one the drone reg no. is registered to (and who's name/number is on the drone, is the one actually flying it.

Thanks for your precious suggestion. I'll forward to our engineers to see whether it is doable in the future.
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules