Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic camera not in 100% focus
1370 9 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bergmann_8464
New

Denmark

Hi There, I have a problem with the Mavic camera fous. It has been good, but now slightly out of focus.

Trying to fix the problem I have tried to reset camera to default settings, gimbal and IMU has been calibrated.
Camera is autofocusing and I am making sure that picture is in focus.
Here you can find screenshot from DJIGo app, JPEG, RAW and MP4 from the camera and a photo of how it used to be.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Duet5pMRYhX0Mvtm1

Any help much appreciated.

Kenneth
2017-11-18
Use props
Patrickjmadden9
lvl.1
United States

having the same issue, i turned it off for a couple hours and turned it on and it was fine.... wierd. no clue either
2017-11-18
Use props
bergmann_8464
New

Denmark

Patrickjmadden9 Posted at 2017-11-18 11:13
having the same issue, i turned it off for a couple hours and turned it on and it was fine.... wierd. no clue either

Unfortunately that does not help. It has been so for 2-3 weeks now
2017-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reset the camera settings in the app and reboot the drone afterward. Then manually set your camera to the previous settings and this should resolve the focus issue. Ensure auto focus is engaged too.
2017-11-19
Use props
Anthony566
First Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I can confirm that low light does affect sharpness and focus on the mavic camera I have had this happen this week today was very dull and grey and vedio loks out of focus in parts but a few days ago it was very sunny and the video looks supper sharp and my settings are the same.
2017-11-19
Use props
bergmann_8464
New

Anthony566 Posted at 2017-11-19 12:29
I can confirm that low light does affect sharpness and focus on the magic camera I have had this happen this week today was very dull and grey and vedio loks out of focus in parts but a few days ago it was very sunny and the video looks supper sharp and my settings are the same.

If you look at the images I provided you can see that it is a cloudy day. There are at least 10.000 lux so low light issue is not the case.
2017-11-20
Use props
bergmann_8464
New

A CW Posted at 2017-11-19 09:55
Reset the camera settings in the app and reboot the drone afterward. Then manually set your camera to the previous settings and this should resolve the focus issue. Ensure auto focus is engaged too.

Hi,

This is what I already tried: reset camera to default settings, gimbal and IMU has been calibrated.
Drone was restarted. Still same problem.

I will give it another try and get back if problem is the same.
2017-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try turning on peak focus threshold too (normal) and set one of the customisable buttons to auto focus. I’ve read that the micro SD card can also affect focus.
2017-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also look at your profile settings - set sharpness to +1
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the help above, please keep us updated for the feedback, and if the case persists, please help to name the current firmware version of your drone, will forward to our engineers to confirm.
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules