Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Trouble with DJI Service in California.
12Next >
3054 50 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Failed I2 Repairs so far.
My Inspire 2 have an issue with not being able to focus, when I use the Focus hand-wheel in Photo Mode. When I turn the wheel to focus, the image is all over the place, (Jumping) making it impossible to focus. I should mention that manual focus works fine in the app, if Focus wheel is not connected. This started when I got my Focus Hand-wheel back in February, and is still not solved.

I did extensive testing, and found that if I bind another Inspire to my RC, using my gimbal, lens, focus wheel and iPad everything works just fine. I have tried multiple Inspire’s and they all work, except mine. Have also taken my drone to the local dealer that is an authorized DJI store, where the head tech guy, had had the same result binding all my gear to their Inspire. In other words it worked fine with their Inspire.

In other words, the problem was isolated to be in the Inspire itself. My view is that the firmware (or lens-profile) is corrupt, every time the Inspire is in for repair, they transfer the files from the Inspire I send in, to the next one. In other words, just transferring the issue to the next unit. My view is, what needs to happen, either format the drive in the Cinecore or replacing the craft itself without transferring any files from the old unit. DJI please send me a new Main controller (Cinecore), and I fix it myself. Not a big deal to change, promise to send the old back.

To put this simple: if you have a virus on your computer, would you transfer your old files with the virus to a new replacement computer?

My Inspire 2, has been sent in 4 times so far, without success.
DJI has replaced the USB board on RC, replaced vibration absorbing board, replaced the cable and Focus Hand-wheel, replaced Main controller (Cinecore) in the Inspire, replaced complete Inspire aircraft, as well as replaced the RC.

I have tried to relay my findings and what needs to be done to DJI staff multiple times, but somehow it seems like they do not pay attention/misunderstand what the issue is. Have also done several videos of the issue to help.

Firmware has been updated twice on booth RC and craft (June and in November) and has no effect. App is also updated. My warranty is running out, and still not working.  

Most of all I can’t understand how they can claim to have tested the Inspire prior to sending it back to me? Tester must be sleeping or blind for this to pass.  And this have been done 4 times??

Total Trips to California from Canada: 4 (so far)

Total weeks gone for repairs: 15 (so far)

Repair # 1: CAS-479281-Q3C7Z4.

Repair # 2: CAS-985199-L8Z1C9 

Repair # 3: CAS-1081061-F8T9C6

Repair # 4: CAS-1169682-S0T4P4

2017-11-18
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Cougar
First of all, you know that I have been following your case from our discussions offline. You have been [u]so very patient through this entire ordeal without any DJI bashing to me or on the forum. We all can have some minor troubles from time to time but you have been faced with the DJI Inspire 2 torture chamber.  I sincerely hope that the DJI moderators are listening and can relay your request back to DJI home office (and possibly Ed)

To bad you are so far away, I would let you fly my Inspire 2    

Let's hope for a speedy solution to your focus issue and ...... come on DJI send the man a new center processing module!

All the best to you, from your friend in the west

RichJ
2017-11-18
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-18 11:22
Hi Cougar
First of all, you know that I have been following your case from our discussions offline. You have been  ]so very patient through this entire ordeal without any DJI bashing to me or on the forum. We all can have some minor troubles from time to time but you have been faced with the DJI Inspire 2 torture chamber.  I sincerely hope that the DJI moderators are listening and can relay your request back to DJI home office (and possibly Ed)

Thank you Rich, it is nice to hear from you. Yes I have no interest in bashing DJI or anyone else, but getting worried since my warranty is running out. I do understand that issues happens and we have to live with that and be patient. Hope they will understand my predicament and solve the issue. As I mentioned I am fully capable to fix it myself, just need the part. Thank you again for the kind words.  
2017-11-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Cougar1, this situation has filled us with regret, please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties that you've been experiencing. Since you mentioned that you can get it focused on the app, but the setup works on another Inspire, could you please provide me with the video of this case? Would like to have our engineers to check first. Thanks a lot. And again, really sorry for the trouble that had been caused.
2017-11-18
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-18 23:12
Cougar1, this situation has filled us with regret, please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties that you've been experiencing. Since you mentioned that you can get it focused on the app, but the setup works on another Inspire, could you please provide me with the video of this case? Would like to have our engineers to check first. Thanks a lot. And again, really sorry for the trouble that had been caused.

DJI Thor, thank you for the response, PM sent with links to video and photo of cracked device holder.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cougar, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with the repair service, we have confirmed with engineers, it is not Cinecore related.
Does this issue happen to Olympus 25mm lens only? Any chance to try other lens especially our stock lens?
2017-11-20
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-20 01:51
Cougar, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with the repair service, we have confirmed with engineers, it is not Cinecore related.
Does this issue happen to Olympus 25mm lens only? Any chance to try other lens especially our stock lens?

Dear Mindy, thank you for the reply.

Yes it only affects the Olympus 25mm lens, and yes my initial thought was that it was an issue with this particular lens so I tried 2 different Olympus 25mm lenses, but outcome was the same.

I must say I am 100% sure that the issue is in the Inspire itself, and only thing in common, is that even when your people has changed all these parts, my personal settings has remained the same, and must be transferred over somehow. I do not believe there is a hardware issue with the Cinecore, but rather a software issue that is being transferred over every time the Inspire is in for repair. There used to be an option in Assistant 2 to reset to factory settings, the option is still there but does not do anything.

Would like for someone to explain how everything works just normal, when all my equipment (my RC, my Focus Hand-wheel, my gimbal with the 25mm lens, my iPad Pro 10.5) is used, but bound to another Inspire 2?

I have done this test several times with different Inspire’s and they all work with my equipment. This has also been replicated by Head technician at the official DJI store in Halifax that has the same opinion as me, problems is within the I2!

What also have me concerned is how can this happen, it has been “tested” 4 times now (every time it has been sent back to me after “repairs”) and it clearly is not functioning, how can they say it has been tested?

Why would they the send it back to me, when it still not working? I am questioning how they are doing this test, every time I have sent all the equipment along, so they could confirm it was working, before returning it to me. This is clearly not happening.

Lastly, last time is was at the repair centre, the RC was replaced (why it was replaced is beyond me) they managed to crack my device holder, probably by over tightening the screw it pivots on, I also like to get a replacement holder.
Link to video showing the issue:

Cracked Holder from last visit:

Holder Cracked.jpg
2017-11-20
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-20 06:29
Yes it only affects the Olympus 25mm lens, and yes my initial thought was that it was an issue with this particular lens so I tried 2 different Olympus 25mm lenses, but outcome was the same.
I must say I am 100% sure that the issue is in the Inspire itself, and only thing in common, is that even when your people has changed all these parts, my personal settings has remained the same, and must be transferred over somehow. I do not believe there is a hardware issue with the Cinecore, but rather a software issue that is being transferred over every time the Inspire is in for repair. There used to be an option in Assistant 2 to reset to factory settings, the option is still there but does not do anything.

Hi Cougar,

I now try to pump these posts of yours up in this Forum. Let's see if this works for you as I noticed you mentioned in your other post asking whether "your" post was accidentally deleted.

I tried diagnosing the problems of your Inspire 2 in your post as referred above.

[Quoted]

Hi Cougar,

Excuse me if I misunderstand the problems of your Inspire 2 - having gone through your posted footage a couple of minutes ago, it appeared to me that your Inspire 2 was fighting against your Focus Wheel inputs. Was your Inspire 2 set to manual focus when you tested and took the video? The video footage covered the lower half of the AF / MF indicator of the DJI GO4 App on your device only and I was not sure whether MF had been set when you tested it, despite of your statement that it was set to MF mode.

N.B. Your posts were still accessible by us. Here is the link.

[End of Quote]

Henry
2017-11-21
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-11-21 06:20
Hi Cougar,

I now try to pump these posts of yours up in this Forum. Let's see if this works for you as I noticed you mentioned in your other post asking whether "your" post was accidentally deleted.

Found the post, thank you Henry.
2017-11-21
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Glad you've found it, Cougar. And I can feel your anxiety because of the ticking time DJI's warranty on your Inspire 2 is about to expire.

I just don't know how I can further diagnose the problem of your Inspire 2 with my limited knowledge, but sincerely hope that you can finally sort it out satisfactorily.

Henry
2017-11-21
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-11-21 07:45
Glad you've found it, Cougar. And I can feel your anxiety because of the ticking time DJI's warranty on your Inspire 2 is about to expire.

I just don't know how I can further diagnose the problem of your Inspire 2 with my limited knowledge, but sincerely hope that you can finally sort it out satisfactorily.

Thank you for your kind reply, I am 100% convinced the Issue is with the I2 itself and bad/corrupt software in the I2. If there was only a way to restore the I2 to factory settings I would think all would be ok.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-20 06:29

Thanks for the update, could you please help us to verify will the problem occur to the stock lens?
I will feedback your issue to our engineers for further analysis.
For the cracked holder, we will transfer it to local repair team to follow up, there will be someone to contact you soon.
2017-11-21
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-21 08:02
Thanks for the update, could you please help us to verify will the problem occur to the stock lens?
I will feedback your issue to our engineers for further analysis.
For the cracked holder, we will transfer it to local repair team to follow up, there will be someone to contact you soon.

Mindy, I have the 15mm stock lens, Olympus 25mm as well as Olympus 45mm. The focus issue is only happening with the 25mm lens. It is however not a lens issue I have tried different 25mm lenses, and as I already mentioned it works just fine when bound to other Inspire2, only have issue with mine.
Mindy:  can you please check with engineering if there is any way to reformat the drive in the Cinecore, and restore to factory settings? Maybe even logging in remotly? I am sure that would solve the issue.
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Unbelievable with regards to service!

However, could the focus issue be with your X5S camera and not inside the I2 or the Cinecore located there?  If other lenses are working, it seems the odd one out is your Olympus 25mm and possibly the contacts on it are not aligning with the X5S.

I have one lens (I got a bunch of them!) where I have to put it on and off a couple of times before it locks and works else I get "No lens detected" message or the AF/MF doesn't work, but it does connect to my Olympus Pen-F which I bought to do firmware updates to the Olympus lenses and check on them too.  Odd why they  work on it but it's finicky with the X5S so I think the X5S contacts are a bit whack.

2017-11-21
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-21 08:35
Unbelievable with regards to service!

However, could the focus issue be with your X5S camera and not inside the I2 or the Cinecore located there?  If other lenses are working, it seems the odd one out is your Olympus 25mm and possibly the contacts on it are not aligning with the X5S.

Hi and thx for the suggestion. That has been ruled out, since during all testing I have used all my gear (RC. Gimbal with lens, Focus Wheel) and moved it to another I2. So all my stuff is working fine (including the Olympus 25mm) when using it on another I2.
2017-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-21 08:42
Hi and thx for the suggestion. That has been ruled out, since during all testing I have used all my gear (RC. Gimbal with lens, Focus Wheel) and moved it to another I2. So all my stuff is working fine (including the Olympus 25mm) when using it on another I2.

Looks like you got moved to the Service category ...

Sorry you are still waiting for DJI to step up and help. Mindy is awesome and I am sure she will get some answers for you!  Is that a new remote that came with the new Inspire 2 ?   didn't remember you mentioning the cracked mount.

It would be nice if you could do a ground zero format on the Inspire 2 to factory defaults. I wonder if they could do this using Assistant 2 software with a special login account?  I believe that DJI has a way to override the software / FW on the drone!!

Rich
2017-11-21
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-21 15:40
Looks like you got moved to the Service category ...

Sorry you are still waiting for DJI to step up and help. Mindy is awesome and I am sure she will get some answers for you!  Is that a new remote that came with the new Inspire 2 ?   didn't remember you mentioning the cracked mount.

Hi Rich, yes I hope Mindy is able to help me out and finally put this to bed. It has been a long haul, first time the Inspire left for repair was on March 1 and warranty is running out.

I do remember hearing of the remote log in and hoping for that to work.
As for the cracked mount on the RC, I actually did not see it when it first arrived Friday November 17, was totally only looking if the focus was repaired. But it is there as you can see from the photo.
Chers my friend and hoping for a speedy resolution.
2017-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-21 16:04
Hi Rich, yes I hope Mindy is able to help me out and finally put this to bed. It has been a long haul, first time the Inspire left for repair was on March 1 and warranty is running out.

I do remember hearing of the remote log in and hoping for that to work.

Cougar
Please keep us posted on your progress   Best of luck getting this resolved soon

Rich
2017-11-22
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-22 18:34
Cougar
Please keep us posted on your progress   Best of luck getting this resolved soon

Hi Rich,
A nice person (Marquez) actually called me tonight from US support. He was calling regarding the damaged Mobile device holder (as Mindy actually promised) it will be delivered soon. We also discussed my focus issue and he arranged for a case and promised to transfer this to the correct department.

So hopefully something will happen, and the correct info reaching the right people, since this seems to be a very odd case that nobody seems to have seen before.

Since Thanksgiving is upon us (in US, not here in Canada) I guess it will be sometime next week before anything can be expected to start happening.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-22 19:01
Hi Rich,
A nice person (Marquez) actually called me tonight from US support. He was calling regarding the damaged Mobile device holder (as Mindy actually promised) it will be delivered soon. We also discussed my focus issue and he arranged for a case and promised to transfer this to the correct department.

Glad to know Marquez reached you and will deliver the RC holder soon.
For the Focus issue, our engineers are also testing it, may I know the firmware version of your Focus Wheel the?
Happy Thanksgiving day, Sir.
2017-11-22
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-22 19:01
Hi Rich,

Hi Cougar
Mindy is awesome!!  I am so glad you were contacted and started the ball rolling.  You guys in Canada already had your Thanksgiving ....   it is our turn.

Very happy for you!!  

Thank You Mindy....  (again!)

PS, on my Cendence; the landing gear works with the Bd button on the top right side but didn't seem to work on the Bf button lower right side. posted a photo to show my settings

Link
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-22 20:25
Hi Cougar
Mindy is awesome!!  I am so glad you were contacted and started the ball rolling.  You guys in Canada already had your Thanksgiving ....   it is our turn.

I see, I will have a try and verify with our engineers as well tomorrow, it is too late now, would you mind giving me some time? Thank you.
2017-11-23
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-22 20:15
Glad to know Marquez reached you and will deliver the RC holder soon.
For the Focus issue, our engineers are also testing it, may I know the firmware version of your Focus Wheel the?
Happy Thanksgiving day, Sir.

Hi Mindy,
Thank you for the follow-up, and also for your Thanksgiving wishes.
Marquez created a “consultation case” # for the focus issue: (CAS-1241821-H9G7X4) not sure what that means, guess we have to wait and se, maybe this can be coordinated?

As for the FW version on the Focus wheel: not sure how to check version, but remember that it was updated sometimes in the spring.

The firmware on the focus wheel should not really matter, since all is working just fine when attached to another I2. I also tested with a different Focus wheel, no differance.
I have also tried using the new Cendance RC with the integrated focus, it does the same thing, focus is the same as using the focus wheel attached to my regular RC.

So using ANY manual focus in Photo mode is not possible using the Cendance and the 25mm Olympus wheel, on the old RC I can remove the focus wheel and use the app, but on Cendance the focus control is in the RC.

As I have said many times I am convinced, that software stored in the Cinecore is corrupt, and being transferred over during repairs.

Have confirmed that user files are stored in the Cinecore on the craft and not in the Go app.
To test this: I made a big change in 1 of my settings using my iPad Pro, shut down and re-started using another iPad and the change is there, so clearly user settings are stored in the Cinecore. That is where the issue are in my opinion.

As I mentioned before, I be open to installing a new Cinecore myself (I am confident I can do this) If Marques can send me a replacement.
Or as an alternativeif if possible, do a remote login to reformat/erase the SD card where this is stored in the Cinecore.

If this is not suitable, please just send me a replacement I2 witout transfering any files.
Again Thank you for your efforts to get this solved.   

2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-23 05:21
Hi Mindy, Thank you for the follow-up, and also for your Thanksgiving wishes.   Marquez created a “consultation case” # for the focus issue: (CAS-1241821-H9G7X4) not sure what that means, guess we have to wait and se, maybe this can be coordinated?
As for the FW version on the Focus wheel: not sure how to check version, but remember that it was updated sometimes in the spring.  
The firmware on the focus wheel should not really matter, since all is working just fine when attached to another I2. I also tested with a different Focus wheel, no differance.I have also tried using the new Cendance RC with the integrated focus, it does the same thing, focus is the same as using the focus wheel attached to my regular RC.

Cougar, we have transferred your thought to our engineers for attention, here is a suggestion if you have time to have a try.
Please connect to Focus Handwheel to RC, enter DJI Go 4, long press the  ''three horizontal line'' icon on the upper right corner, download V01.01.0002 to refresh the RC firmware together with Focus Handwheel and then let us know if it helps. Thank you. 01.01.0002.png
2017-11-23
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 22:43
Cougar, we have transferred your thought to our engineers for attention, here is a suggestion if you have time to have a try.
Please connect to Focus Handwheel to RC, enter DJI Go 4, long press the  ''three horizontal line'' icon on the upper right corner, download V01.01.0002 to refresh the RC firmware together with Focus Handwheel and then let us know if it helps. Thank you.[view_image]

Dear Mindy,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have refreshed the RC, with the Focus wheel attached it has the same FW, and nothing changes, problem is still there.
As I have already mentioned, my RC and Focus Wheel works just fine with any other Inspire 2, and this problem is not with the RC or Focus wheel.

I have also tried a brand new Cendance RC, it does the same thing!
Clearly, now we hope your engineers can get a way soon to fix the problem, that is located in the Cinecore, as we all know by now.
See below.

Again Thank you Mindy, for trying to help me out.

IMG_0064.jpg
2017-11-23
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mindy, One more data-point.

Today I took my I2 (aircraft only: no gimbal, no lens, no Focus wheel, no iPad) and visited my friend.
We used his Cendance RC, his Gimbal, his 25mm Olympus lens and his iPad Pro, and bound his Cendance to my craft.

The focus issue was still there!
This test is proof without any doubt in my mind, that I have been right all along, that the issue is in the craft itself and stored in the Cinecore. And not related to the Go4 app, RC, Gimbal, Olympus 25mm lens, or Focus wheel.

To increase my frustration, one of my batteries now shows an cell error, it only has 18 charges and I am not happy with that (Warranty on batts are expired, since I purchased these end of March) I belief that all this testing without any real amperage draw from flying, has created a cell imbalance in the battery.

So now I have:
One drone that can’t focus. (after 4 repair attempts)
One Broken Holder. (a replacement are supposededly forthcomming)
One bad battery.

2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-25 09:12
Mindy, One more data-point.

Today I took my I2 (aircraft only: no gimbal, no lens, no Focus wheel, no iPad) and visited my friend.

Noted with thanks, I'll forward your feedback to our engineers. But there might be a little bit delay coz it is weekend now. And for the battery, if it is possible, please try to do a full discharge and charge circle to see if it could be recovered.
2017-11-25
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-25 19:20
Noted with thanks, I'll forward your feedback to our engineers. But there might be a little bit delay coz it is weekend now. And for the battery, if it is possible, please try to do a full discharge and charge circle to see if it could be recovered.

DJI Thor, Thank you for the update, and the tip regarding the battery.
I actually already tried that, did it twice but battery is not recuperating.
Understand that there might be a slight delay, hope that the focus issue can be resolved remotley. Am sure DJI has a tool to let me log in and reset / format the Cinecore.

2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-26 04:33
DJI Thor, Thank you for the update, and the tip regarding the battery.
I actually already tried that, did it twice but battery is not recuperating.
Understand that there might be a slight delay, hope that the focus issue can be resolved remotley. Am sure DJI has a tool to let me log in and reset / format the Cinecore.

Cougar, maybe it's a silly question, but want to verify, did you try to reset camera settings in DJI Go 4?
2017-11-29
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-29 22:24
Cougar, maybe it's a silly question, but want to verify, did you try to reset camera settings in DJI Go 4?

Morning Mindy, Yes I did that even before contacting DJI the first time, and several times after.

If you think of it this way: If someone else has the identical equipment with same firmware and focusing works fine with his lens and focus-wheel, then removes his I2 and take mine instead and bind my I2 to his RC, lens, focus-wheel etc, and he gets the same issue as I was having. It would show the problem is with my I2 would you not agree?

As I said several times, the issue is with corrupted files on the Cinecor. I have mentioned this in my trouble-shooting report/request when I sent in my drone but it has not been done. See attached screen-shoot. Insead of fixing my Cinecore they sent me a new RC????

Now all I need is for DJI to fix this. Hopefully this can be done by remote log-in if possible.

If this is not possible, the Cinecore needs to be replaced, WITHOUT TRANSFERING ANY BAD SOFTWARE from the already bad Cinecore to a replacement.
Or just send me a replacement craft, without transfering anything from my current craft.
I have now waited 9 months to have this corrected, please hurry a solution. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 08.00.43.png
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-30 04:05
Morning Mindy, Yes I did that even before contacting DJI the first time, and several times after.
If you think of it this way: If someone else has the identical equipment with same firmware and focusing works fine with his lens and focus-wheel, then removes his I2 and take mine instead and bind my I2 to his RC, lens, focus-wheel etc, and he gets the same issue as I was having. It would show the problem is with my I2 would you not agree?
As I said several times, the issue is with corrupted files on the Cinecor. I have mentioned this in my trouble-shooting report/request when I sent in my drone but it has not been done. See attached screen-shoot. Insead of fixing my Cinecore they sent me a new RC????

Hi, Cougar, we are so sorry to have kept you waiting for such a long time.
Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the problem remotely, our engineers have tested many lens and aircraft, the issue didn't occur.
I'm afraid the device still needs to be sent in for thorough diagnosis.
From the previous case, the team do has tested the drone and no fault was found, I know this is very frustrated, so am I, I will leave a message to local team to take care of your case again.
Please forgive us for this situation.
2017-12-4
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-4 02:35
Hi, Cougar, we are so sorry to have kept you waiting for such a long time.
Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the problem remotely, our engineers have tested many lens and aircraft, the issue didn't occur.
I'm afraid the device still needs to be sent in for thorough diagnosis.

Hi Mindy,

My belief is, that the issue might be, with the way the repair process are done in Cerritos.
I think part of the process is, to transfer information from the Cinecore on incoming repairs, to the completed unit, when they replace any significant parts or the whole drone, in order to retain user settings etc.

That would certainly explain, why all my settings where still in the repaired drone, when it was returned to me. Even after they, on one occasion replaced the Cinecore, and on another occasion, after replacing the entire craft.  So in other words, just transferring the problem, with the corrupt software, to the repaired unit’s Cinecore. I have repeatedly asked them, not to do that, in my notes accompanying the drone, so that software would be factory default.

I do not think they ever installed my gimbal with lens, my RC and actually tested to put the camera in photo mode, and physically tried to focus using my focus handwheel, after repairs where done, or they would have seen the issue was still there, prior to sending it back to me.

I would also request that the unit will be expedited, it takes a long time via truck from Canada to US, Airfreight booth to as well as return would be apritiated, I have waited a log time to get this resolved.

2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Cougar, please kindly send it back again, we will take care of it. Have you sent the drone already? If you have, please provide me with the case number. Thank you for your work.
2017-12-4
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-4 23:59
Hi Cougar, please kindly send it back again, we will take care of it. Have you sent the drone already? If you have, please provide me with the case number. Thank you for your work.

DJI Thor,

Repair # 5: CAS-1272732-S8K9K8 (This case) Should be arriving in Califonia Thursday December 07 . Hope you can assist in getting this resolved.
Below are notes that will be sent along with the I2:

My Inspire 2 has been sent for repairs 4 times before for the same issue, Not resolved.

Repair # 1: CAS-479281-Q3C7Z4.

Repair # 2: CAS-985199-L8Z1C9 

Repair # 3: CAS-1081061-F8T9C6

Repair # 4: CAS-1169682-S0T4P4

DJI Consultation Case: CAS-1241821-H9G7X4

Repair # 5: CAS-1272732-S8K9K8 (This case)

My Inspire 2 have an issue with not being able to focus, when I use the Focus hand-wheel in Photo Mode with Olympus 25mm lens. When I turn the wheel to focus, the image is all over the place, (Jumping) making it impossible to focus. I should mention that manual focus works fine in the app, if Focus wheel is not connected. This started when I got my Focus Hand-wheel back in February, and is still not solved.

Link to video showing the issue:

Trouble shooting:

• If I use my Gimbal & Olympus 25mm lens, my RC, my focus hand-wheel and iPad Pro, bind the Rc to a different I2 it works fine.
  • If I use another another persons fully functioning Identical setup, Gimbal with Olympus 25mm lens, RC & Focus hand-wheel and bind it to my I2, the issue is there. So clearly problems is in my I2.

I believe the software in the Cinecore is corrupt and needs to be set back to factory default values, without transferring any settings from this unit to the repaired!

For Physical testing: Attach Gimbal & 25mm lens, connect Focus Hand-wheel to RC and set to manual focus in Photo Mode (not Video), enable MF Focus-assistant and then try to adjust focus using the hand-wheel.

If the focus works without the image jumping back and forth it is fixed.

Also my device holder was damaged (cracked) during last repair attempt.

2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-12-5 07:52
DJI Thor,

Repair # 5: CAS-1272732-S8K9K8 (This case) Should be arriving in Califonia Thursday December 07 . Hope you can assist in getting this resolved.Below are notes that will be sent along with the I2:

Noted with thank. I will help to note it in the case log again. Hope things will be sorted out shortly and you can receive the drone soon. Appreciate your patience.
2017-12-5
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-5 20:18
Noted with thank. I will help to note it in the case log again. Hope things will be sorted out shortly and you can receive the drone soon. Appreciate your patience.

DJI Thor, My Inspire is now checked in at repair centre Cerritos. Hope they finally get this.
Trust they will return the Inspire to me via Expedited as well, once they are convinced they have it repaired. If not it will likely be after the Holidays, before I see it in Canada.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-12-7 16:40
DJI Thor, My Inspire is now checked in at repair centre Cerritos. Hope they finally get this.
Trust they will return the Inspire to me via Expedited as well, once they are convinced they have it repaired. If not it will likely be after the Holidays, before I see it in Canada.

Sir, we have informed the local repair center to take care of your drone, we will also keep following up the case, hope we will get it addressed this time.
2017-12-7
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-7 21:12
Sir, we have informed the local repair center to take care of your drone, we will also keep following up the case, hope we will get it addressed this time.

DJI Mindy, DJI Thor:

Update,

My I2 has been repaired according to an email, hopefully they got it right this time.
They replaced everything (Craft, RC & Gimbal), and hopefully did not transfer any settings from the old unit!
Despite my request to expedite shipping they did not, so will be Christmas (might be 1 or 2 days prior) before it is back.

More importantly my warranty will expire on January 4 and it is winter and cold so not many chances to try the NEW equipment.
Given the time spent on shipping & repairs,  back and forth (10 month by now) and not many times to confirm if this new is ok to use, I must request that DJI will extend my warranty, or I be stranded if anything else is not up to par.

2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-12-11 11:56
DJI Mindy, DJI Thor:

Update,

Hi sir, thank you for your update, hope you can receive the drone soon.
But for the warranty extending, I am afraid that we don't have this move, but I will forward your situation again to the local team to see if we can do anything to make you feel better. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2017-12-11
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-12-11 11:56
DJI Mindy, DJI Thor:

Update,

Hi Cougar
I haven't heard much from you ... we have all been busy. What's the latest?  I have not updated to the last FW  but everything is still working well. Phone is still on 4.1.18. But the iPads are the same as we last spoke.  

Will  talk soon

Rich
2017-12-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules