No Standard USB port on controller
3670 6 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans25f00653
New
United States

I have a DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter 4K. I do not have a standard USB port on the controller, only a micro USB. The drone came with a standard USB to Micro USB so I cannot use it. Does anyone know why there is no standard port and what do I need to do from here?
Thanks

2017-11-18
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That lead it came with is for the data port on the front of the drone....
2017-11-18
Use props
fans25f00653
New
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-11-18 11:46
That lead it came with is for the data port on the front of the drone....

Okay, so how do I connect the controller to my iPad?
2017-11-18
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 894465 ft
United States

The Standard and 4k have the same controllers i'm pretty sure, so you have to connect through wifi.
2017-11-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

There is no such Phantom as you describe ..... There is a Phantom 3 4K ... which is without USB on controller as you have ... There is a Phantom 3 Professional that has USB on controller. The two have completely different control frequencies / systems etc.
Unfortunately there are sellers who mistakenly name their Phantoms and various buyers are duped into buying what they thought was the Professional version but in fact is the 3 4K which is a follow on from the basic Standard model.

If you bought under that 'umbrella' - and expecting a P3 Pro - go back to seller and complain. I hope you didn't pay over the odds for it ?
If you are going to keep it ... then download the Phantom 3 4K manual ...

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... r_Manual_en_1.8.pdf

You will need it. And as another said - it connects Phone to Controller by WiFi ... not cable.

The cable in the box is to charge the Controller (there is no data transfer via that socket on contyroller at all) .... and to connect Drone to computer.

Nigel

2017-11-18
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans25f00653 Posted at 2017-11-18 11:55
Okay, so how do I connect the controller to my iPad?

You will connect via wifi on your phone this connects to the drones wifi - does not use your home wifi !
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It seems that you are talking of the Phantom 3 4K version, instead of the Phantom 3 Professional. Could you kindly offer the aircraft SN to check the exact status?
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules