Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3A Limp Gimbal after 15 seconds and No Image Trasmission
2275 14 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Legit Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 894465 ft
United States

The new update has screwed up my phantom and I can't fix it. It first started with the gimbal not doing it little dance everytime I tried to fly then just yesterday, November 17, the camera wouldn't connect to the transmitter. UGH! The RC, AC, and app are all connecting fine. The gimbal status is disconnected even though on startup it does its little dance then 15 seconds later goes limp. The gimbal control bar on the righ of the screen is showing where the gimbal is facing when I move the gimbal with my hand. When I power down the drone, it takes 10-15 seconds to power off because the batteries push button light is flashing. I have downgraded everything and had 10 seconds of video feed then it disapeered. Last night when I contacted DJI, I was told two different things from two different people. They told me to send in my controller but would not say why. I don't have any money to replace it because I spent my life savings on this thing (I am 15). Any help would be appreciated because I was planing on selling this to start saving for a new drone. Thank you.
2017-11-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sorry you're in such a jam.  Sometimes it just doesn't pay to update.  Why don't you fully charge the battery and try the update again. You'll just keep getting nowhere calling.
2017-11-18
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
United States

So I should just reupdate the firmware?
2017-11-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Legit Drones Posted at 2017-11-18 22:59
So I should just reupdate the firmware?

Aloha LD,

Yes, refresh the update.  Sometimes it takes  multiple times to get the full error correction to function right.  Also, try unplugging and replugging in the USB cable when everything is on.  You may be having a problem with your device being recognized and used as a multimedia device.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-19
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-11-19 00:35
Aloha LD,

Yes, refresh the update.  Sometimes it takes  multiple times to get the full error correction to function right.  Also, try unplugging and replugging in the USB cable when everything is on.  You may be having a problem with your device being recognized and used as a multimedia device.

I am reupdatimg it now. Crossing my fingers that works! Thanks!
2017-11-19
Use props
edifier
lvl.3

United Kingdom

funny enough i have a spare P3A gimbal with the camera
it starts ok then just goes limp after about 10 seconds as though loosing power
the original one on the P3A works fine, only happens on the spare one i have, I don't want to do an update of F/W
2017-11-19
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
United States

Yeah that's the problem I am having. Trying to reupdate firmware but it's not working.
2017-11-19
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
United States

FINALLY got it to work! Its updating the camera and batteries.
2017-11-19
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
United States

The drone is fixed thank you to all who helped! What I did was downgrade the firmware, the re updated it.
2017-11-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Legit Drones Posted at 2017-11-19 12:41
The drone is fixed thank you to all who helped! What I did was downgrade the firmware, the re updated it.

Aloha LD,

Great news.  Now do not forget what you did!  I am always trying to remember what I did to fix a problem.

BTW, if the refresh does not work, the next step is what you did.  Congratulations, great news!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-19
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
United States

I just took it out to test fly it then this happened...

It went inverted ten feet off the ground...
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Legit Drones Posted at 2017-11-19 18:29
I just took it out to test fly it then this happened...
Phantom Flip
It went inverted ten feet off the ground...

The video is not available. Could you check and resend?
2017-11-20
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I think I had it switched to private on youtube
2017-11-20
Use props
edifier
lvl.3

United Kingdom

sorry to hear you problem
what i did notice is the camera may also have a fault as i see little white dots on your video
2017-11-20
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
United States

I believe those white dots were street lights behind the tree line in the background.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules