P4A Battery Voltage Glitch
1345 11 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickJames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39501 ft
United States

I have 3 batteries (two high capacity and one standard capacity), all seem to be working fine in my P4 Advanced, but the total voltage is blinking back and forth between the voltage and 0.00. They also will not show the individual cell voltage in the info screen. It does that with all three batteries. I updated the firmware, refreshed the firmware, updated the app, uninstalled the app, and reinstalled the app.

I have uploaded a video on YouTube showing the issue:

The weird thing is that I also have a P4 and none of the batteries flash back and forth to 0.00. In the P4, everything works the way that it should. So the voltage blinking back and forth rapidly only happens in the P4A. And this seemed to start when I updated the DJI GO app to the latest version (4.1.18), but that's just a guess.

Is this something I should be concerned with or is this a known bug with DJI and they are trying to fix it?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Nick

2017-11-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It looks like that there is something wrong of the aircraft. Please send the P4A in for diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-11-20
Use props
Roberson Ricard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3611440 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I bought a P4 A with the same problem. No litchi works without problems.
2017-11-27
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

If you have a voltage meter you could check the batteries to make sure they are at the correct voltages
2017-11-27
Use props
Roberson Ricard
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

APPLICATION LITCHI WORKS CORRECTLY. I WANT IT TO BE A DJIGO4  PROBLEM
2017-11-28
Use props
NickJames
lvl.1
United States

I have emailed with DJI customer service and the representative forwarded it to the engineers...

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can deal with this immediately. Rest assured that I will be doing my best to provide assistance to you.

To start with, I was actually able to reach out directly to our Field Application Engineers to verify if there is any documentation that will discuss such process. And I am currently waiting for their feedback. Rest assured that I will give you a heads up right away once they have provided me adequate information.

We do hope for your patience and understanding regarding this matter. Take care!
If you have any other concerns, please do contact us.

Haven't heard anything back yet. I have heard a from a couple others that they have had the same issue with their P4A as well.
2017-11-30
Use props
NickJames
lvl.1
United States

MrPinaColada Posted at 2017-11-27 20:58
If you have a voltage meter you could check the batteries to make sure they are at the correct voltages

I don't have a voltage meter, but I did plug the batteries into a P4 and they showed a perfect voltage reading. All three of them. So it narrows down to firmware or DJIGo app since the voltage was reading fine a few days before the updates took place. We'll see what they come back with. Hopefully it will be soon
2017-11-30
Use props
NickJames
lvl.1
United States

I received a response from DJI. The email said:

"We got a feedback from the Field Application Engineers and this is what they stated: According to the information, it seems like all of the batteries were OK, so the issue should have occurred in the aircraft, seems like the power board of the AC got some problem.

We are still asking for further feedback from them and if you do have other information related to the concern, please let us know and we will forward it to the said department."

After a couple of other emails back and forth, they recommended I sent the Phantom back to them so they could assess the issue. That's really tough for me since my drone is my work. No drone, no jobs. I haven't been able to save up enough for a backup aircraft yet. So time to think about what I want to do.
2017-12-3
Use props
Roberson Ricard
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Testou a distância de vôo desse phantom ?
2017-12-14
Use props
Roberson Ricard
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Besides this problem, my P4A loses connection at 98 feet and 1650 feet
2017-12-17
Use props
djiuser_Irbaf5N
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5072 ft
Colombia

Hi, i have the same issue with DJI GO 4 for Android, DJI GO 4 for IOS works well, also Litchi for Android. So i think the problem is obvious the latest DJI GO 4 versions for Android. Please fix it ASAP.

Greetings,
Gustavo
2017-12-23
Use props
Roberson Ricard
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

The problem was resolved with the last firmware update
2018-1-8
Use props