Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Used Mavic activation check and warranty transfer
9122 12 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joojoojoo
New

United Kingdom

Hi... I am in the process of purchasing a used Mavic Pro. I have tried searching the forum but am having difficulty finding definitive answers to these questions...

1) How do I check the warranty activation date?

2) Is the warranty transferable if the seller does not have an original purchase reciept?

3) Is it still possible to purchase DJI refresh?

(the seller states that it is only 6 weeks old)

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.

2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ not to sure if this is possible, you could contact dji support with S/N to check this out

2/ warranty follows the Aircraft so that shouldn’t be a problem, it should be simple for seller to get a copy of invoice if he purchased from dji store.

3/ Care refresh is still possible, it will however comprise of you issuing dji with some video footage of Aircraft complicated but is doable.

I would do your best to get invoice from seller as this will also be required if you ever have to send Mavic for repair.
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload

This is link for Care refresh outside of 48 hours activation.
2017-11-19
Use props
joojoojoo
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply...Do you know if the original receipt is absolutely necessary?
(I don't think it is available i.e gifted)
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

joojoojoo Posted at 2017-11-19 05:09
Thanks for your reply...Do you know if the original receipt is absolutely necessary?
(I don't think it is available i.e gifted)

I think there may be ways around it, it is something they ask for, so I’m sure a reasonable explanation may suffice.
2017-11-19
Use props
joojoojoo
New

United Kingdom

Thanks again for your info... please do not take offense but I think I'm actually needing to hear confirmation from someone from DJI.
2017-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

joojoojoo Posted at 2017-11-19 06:01
Thanks again for your info... please do not take offense but I think I'm actually needing to hear confirmation from someone from DJI.

You can ask the sales support of DJI.
They have a good chat option.
2017-11-19
Use props
joojoojoo
New

United Kingdom

Yes, thanks...
I have messaged DJI and am awaiting their reply...
So far on this forum there are conflicting answers from DJI administrators .
I will post the responses.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

1. For checking the warranty date, you can contact our online support for help, or you can provide the drone's serial number to me, I will help to check;
2. If it is a used drone, it begins with the drone's activation date to count the warranty;
3. If the drone has not purchased a DJI Care Refresh before, you can purchase it with your drone. You can contact djicare@dji.com for a further help.
Besides, this web is for checking the warranty period for each part, just FYI: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

joojoojoo Posted at 2017-11-19 09:59
Yes, thanks...
I have messaged DJI and am awaiting their reply...
So far on this forum there are conflicting answers from DJI administrators .

Don’t think we gave conflicting answers, my answers almost match dji Thor.
2017-11-20
Use props
joojoojoo
New

United Kingdom

Thanks DJI Thor and others for info input...

Here also is what DJI support have said. Hope it helps anyone with the same query.

"To make things clear and to avoid any confusion on your part, the warranty of the unit is non-transferrable. Good thing is that you can still take advantage and enjoy the warranty service even without the proof of purchase from the original owner. Our repair team will base the warranty coverage on the serial number of the unit since that information will show up on our system."

They confirmed the warranty remains attached to the aircraft... regardless of who owns it.  (So effectively the warranty does transfer to the new owner)

&

An original proof of purchase receipt is not necessary to get warranty service.
2017-11-25
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

joojoojoo Posted at 2017-11-25 03:09
Thanks DJI Thor and others for info input...

Here also is what DJI support have said. Hope it helps anyone with the same query.

Remember the Mavic will continue to remain activated under the original purchasers account and it will not show up as a purchased "Icon" under your account. However flight logs & distance can still be uploaded.
As you can see by the Icons under my username, I purchased a used P4P that is not showing ownership.
2017-11-25
Use props
pippi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160469 ft
Austria

08QDDA6A1202CA
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules