Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Horizon not straight
4757 9 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

mavic.jpg

As can be seen from the above photo, duing my last flight with the mavic the horizon was very very croocked. Could this be cause by either high winds or bad imu calibration (even though I always check signals and they were very low green)? It's was way off that I didn't even try adjusting gimbal roll. Will give it another try soon to see if the problem persists.
2017-11-19
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was like that at first then I did the IMU calibration and it solved the problem.
2017-11-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As Lucas said, If it persists do first AN AUTO GIMBAL CALIBRATION if still doesn't work then do the IMU CALIB.
2017-11-19
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-19 10:22
As Lucas said, If it persists do first AN AUTO GIMBAL CALIBRATION if still doesn't work then do the IMU CALIB.

There's also a button and wheel combination to manually adjust the horizon, if needed. I'm probably wrong, since I'm relying on my memory, but maybe it's holding down C2 and scrolling the right controller wheel (left or right, to correct the tilt).
2017-11-19
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

this might help

2017-11-19
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Do you need to zero the Gimbal Roll 1st before doing the Gimbal calibration then compensate after?
2017-11-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2017-11-19 13:05
There's also a button and wheel combination to manually adjust the horizon, if needed. I'm probably wrong, since I'm relying on my memory, but maybe it's holding down C2 and scrolling the right controller wheel (left or right, to correct the tilt).

In almost a year of flying it happened in one of the earlier firmware version at startup then when I did auto calibration and it worked and then updated to .700 I never had this issue again.

So I am still on.700 with a jailed break one, NO LOGIN, NO UPDATES and enjoying my time flying instead of ....

2017-11-19
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2017-11-19 13:05

I double checked, and while flying (or on the ground, your choice), press and hold the C2 button and spin the right RC wheel to adjust the level of the gimbal. It's an easy way to do it on the fly... Excuse the pun!
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the replies above, and for the OP, please try to calibrate the gimbal or try to adjust the gimbal roll. It will get the issue resolved.
2017-11-19
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Thanks all for the replies, will definitely give it a try
2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now