Flight areas
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crasher
lvl.1
United States

I was not sure exactly where to place this post I hope this will work.

I plan to be in the Largo Fla, area January through March 2018.  I hate to go that long without flying my P3P.  Can anyone recommend any safe flying areas around Largo,  Clearwater or St Pete area?
Thanks
Bob
Crasher!
2017-11-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Download UAV FORECAST. I never fly without checking it first.
2017-11-19
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

I always check in with the "before you fly" app.  It allows you to check to make sure you are in a flight friendly area, and if restrictions, allows you to report your flight info to the FAA for compliance.
2017-11-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I was just in Clearwater a couple weeks ago.  I didn't fly a drone, but I did notice there are quite a few small airports around.  I like airmap.io
2017-11-19
Use props
Crasher
lvl.1
United States

Mark,  Sorry it took so long to reply but I have been laid up from surgery.  I knew of the airports around but was hoping someone knew of somewhere maybe 10/12 miles out that was being utilized for flyin

It could be a moot point with my latest crash if I can't get back in the air for a reasonable price.  You also gave me a reply on that thread.
thxs
Crasher
2017-12-6
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Crasher Posted at 2017-12-6 16:19
Mark,  Sorry it took so long to reply but I have been laid up from surgery.  I knew of the airports around but was hoping someone knew of somewhere maybe 10/12 miles out that was being utilized for flyin

It could be a moot point with my latest crash if I can't get back in the air for a reasonable price.  You also gave me a reply on that thread.

Pretty much all of Largo FL (all the keys for that matter) is a National Wildlife Refuge (NFZ), and what isn't are State Parks which are also a NFZ as far as the State is concerned. Been there many times, I live in the Daytona Beach area, people are not very receptive to drones down there.

2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules