Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Further camera issues
1456 9 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antares Fortune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 410499 ft
United States

Awhile back, I had an issue with the gimbal on my drone, as documented here.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-108748-1-1.html

When I got it back, the first time I flew it, the camera tilted to one side with a snap a couple of times then returned to normal.  I attributed it to the fact that it was pretty windy that day.

Subsequently I flew it several times and the problem did not reoccur so I figured that that must have been the case.

Until yesterday.  While out flying, the camera did the same thing as on the first flight a couple of times in quick succession.  I started recording in the event that it happened again, but it did not.  There was some wind, but it was a pretty calm day.  For the most part, I don't shoot video so it isn't an issue unless it continues to do it.  

I guess my question is, aside from the random twitches and the potential for unusable video, is this likely to damage anything.
2017-11-19
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Try to do  AUTO GIMBAL CALIBRATION and see if the problem persist.
2017-11-19
Use props
Antares Fortune
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-19 09:37
Try to so  AUTO GIMBAL CALIBRATION ans see if the problem persist.

I'll give that a shot again before I go out next time.

I was out today and had the problem repeatedly.  I believe i caught the issue on camera but I need to check.

I suspect it has to do with the wind conditions.  It was windy today, but nothing I haven't flown in before.

2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Antares Fortune Posted at 2017-11-20 13:52
I'll give that a shot again before I go out next time.

I was out today and had the problem repeatedly.  I believe i caught the issue on camera but I need to check.

Hey, I am looking forward to the result of the test. If the issue persists, it would be nice if you could provide me with a video of this situation for a further confirmation.
2017-11-25
Use props
Antares Fortune
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-25 21:09
Hey, I am looking forward to the result of the test. If the issue persists, it would be nice if you could provide me with a video of this situation for a further confirmation.

DJI Thor,

Here are a couple of videos I shot last week before Thanksgiving.

This one shows what it looks like in an longer clip.

This was shot earlier in the day.  I noticed the camera doing its thing and started recording.  The issue occurs right at the beginning of the video.

2017-11-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks like it's a candidate for the beta.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Antares Fortune Posted at 2017-11-26 16:58
DJI Thor,

Here are a couple of videos I shot last week before Thanksgiving.

Thank you for the update. Please make sure that the firmware is up to date, and test it at a low altitude above the ground, avoid flying when there is a strong wind. If the case keeps repeating, we recommend sending it back for repair. Please contact support.us@dji.com and start the ticket. Thanks.
2017-11-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Agree with Alabama above.  Time to post asking for the beta version.  Supposedly the first beta was to address the limp camera issue.  Later ones flight stability issues.

Be careful with Active Track with the limp gimbal.  It can take off looking for the tracking subject once the camera flakes out, and damhik!
2017-11-30
Use props
Antares Fortune
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-30 04:24
Thank you for the update. Please make sure that the firmware is up to date, and test it at a low altitude above the ground, avoid flying when there is a strong wind. If the case keeps repeating, we recommend sending it back for repair. Please contact  and start the ticket. Thanks.

I apologize for the delay in responding.  Aside from the holiday craziness a fellow photographer and very good friend of mine got very sick several weeks ago and has spent the last 3 weeks in the hospital culminating in heart surgery this past Friday.  I haven't had a chance to fly again since this happened.

The firmware is up to date.

The wind conditions were similar to what I normally fly in.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Antares Fortune Posted at 2017-12-17 20:53
I apologize for the delay in responding.  Aside from the holiday craziness a fellow photographer and very good friend of mine got very sick several weeks ago and has spent the last 3 weeks in the hospital culminating in heart surgery this past Friday.  I haven't had a chance to fly again since this happened.

The firmware is up to date.

Hi Fortune, I am so sorry to hear that your friend got sick. Please bring my warm regards and best wishes to him. For the drone, if it acts like to same after following the suggestions, please please send it back and we will help to take care of it. Thank you.
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules