Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ESC status error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2017-12-31 14:55
I just reloaded the firmware and reinstalled the app again on the iPad and now it seems its working good so far.. I will let you know if I need any further help.

So I Take that back again it worked perfectly with two flights no problems again did a flight an hour ago. I am again hitting that brick with all the limits that maximum flight distanced reached and change it in app like You say but its already enabled with max flight distance and no beginner mode or anything. So if you can get back to me what can I try maybe old firmware again ?
2017-12-31
Use props
Fedexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451473 ft
Uruguay

Hi DJI Diana ,  i have the same issue "ESC error".  I try to restart the drone for several times but nothing. please help me.
Device : Phantom 3 Pro

I would like to know what checks (verification) we can do the users to know if ESC ERROR, is a software or hardware issue, if it has a hard landing or is due to an update: that the engines stop working.

I read in the forums something that should be changed ESC Board         .....and here I read that the firmware must be updated (.bin file), I'm a bit confused, so I ask what verification we can do users.

I hope comments,
Thank you,

2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2017-12-31 21:42
So I Take that back again it worked perfectly with two flights no problems again did a flight an hour ago. I am again hitting that brick with all the limits that maximum flight distanced reached and change it in app like You say but its already enabled with max flight distance and no beginner mode or anything. So if you can get back to me what can I try maybe old firmware again ?

How far have you flown when you reached the maximum flight distance? Have you logged in your DJI Account in the APP? Please click the Reply button under my post if you have any further questions.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Fedexx Posted at 2018-1-1 19:17
Hi DJI Diana ,  i have the same issue "ESC error".  I try to restart the drone for several times but nothing. please help me.
Device : Phantom 3 Pro

Did anything happen before this error started? I sent you the Beta firmware via PM, please check it and give it a try.
2018-1-7
Use props
fansf45b4dba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105 ft
United States

Hello Diana,

Would you please help here with the upgrade file BIN, because I have the same issue of ESC status error.

Best regards,
2018-1-9
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-7 22:49
How far have you flown when you reached the maximum flight distance? Have you logged in your DJI Account in the APP? Please click the Reply button under my post if you have any further questions.

Yes, I have logged in under the DJI GO app and sometimes it works and other times which are 80 % of the time maximum flight distanced reached thing happens. I did talk to DJI support as well They just informed me to close the app and relaunch it during flight if that happens and let the drone hover before I close and re open the app I am yet to try this Since its been raining. Maybe I will let you know by tomorrow.
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansf45b4dba Posted at 2018-1-9 09:05
Hello Diana,

Would you please help here with the upgrade file BIN, because I have the same issue of ESC status error.

Hi, sent it to you via PM, please check it.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2018-1-10 16:50
Yes, I have logged in under the DJI GO app and sometimes it works and other times which are 80 % of the time maximum flight distanced reached thing happens. I did talk to DJI support as well They just informed me to close the app and relaunch it during flight if that happens and let the drone hover before I close and re open the app I am yet to try this Since its been raining. Maybe I will let you know by tomorrow.

Alright, besides, I would recommend you check the APP, make sure it is up to date. Please keep me posted.
2018-1-11
Use props
fansf45b4dba
lvl.1
Algeria

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-11 19:17
Hi, sent it to you via PM, please check it.

Hello Diana,

thank you for BIN file but unfortunately with the upgrade I still have the same issue ESC status error.
would you please advise ?

thanks.
2018-1-13
Use props
fansaa19730f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473780 ft
United Kingdom

Hi dji Diana I’ve also got same issue not used drone for a couple of months,started it up in my lounge today without props I just get ESC Error message tryed restart multiple times but nothing all firmware upto date overall status esc normal,no crashes etc worked fine last outing no nothing is it possible to try this bin file that you’ve been giving people.
Kind regards
Darren
8184B044-6AB3-4F36-BF74-C3B045F8CD2D.png
691AF9B7-EA16-4789-8094-D3D9D0C47C71.png
2018-1-14
Use props
djidog
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I'm also having the "ESC status code" error, but I did have a little crash prior.  What does that indicate I can/should do to get it flying again?  

By a "little crash" I mean I flew sideways into my shake roof, it flipped over and stopped on the roof.  One of the props was broken.  I replaced them all and then tried flying again and it flew just fine.  I was able to do what I was trying to until it got a low battery warning.  I landed and turned it off and then decided to try again (as it was only 30%).  When I tried to fly again, I got the "ESC status code" and even after restarting, it would not fly.  I have v3.1.23 of the DJI app.  I was using an iPad Air 2 with iOS 11.2.2.  Since it flew fine after the crash and the new props, I'm confused why it is complaining now?
Also, I recently upgraded all the firmwares and the app was reporting all was normal.

Thanks.

2018-1-14
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-11 19:20
Alright, besides, I would recommend you check the APP, make sure it is up to date. Please keep me posted.

Hi Diana,

So I did fly it today again Finally got a change  from all that rain. Sorry for the delay in message. I was getting the Maximum Flight distance reached again, I think around 97 feet or something. Anyhow. I did notice something today which is very interesting so when this is happening all the info which is suppose to be on the app like Return to home altitude and other number for the flight are not there they are 0. So When I close the app and relaunch it and reconnect usb seems like all my setting as like Return to home altitude 45m (Which I set previously) starts showing that is when everything works.  Which tells me it is more of an issue with the DJI GO app.

Now to the version of the app I am posting the screenshot of it.

Also I am using the iPad pro 10.5 inch and I have in the past try to reload the app by deleting it from the iPad that does not work.

However as I said I think I have found a temp resolution to the problem which is close the app and relaunch it until we get all the return to home altitude and other numbers starts showing that is when everything works perfect.

Please get back to me if you know a permanent solution for this once again Thank you so much for all your wonderful help. You guys are amazing !!!
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansf45b4dba Posted at 2018-1-13 10:25
Hello Diana,

thank you for BIN file but unfortunately with the upgrade I still have the same issue ESC status error.

When did this error start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash? Sorry, sounds like a hardware issue, you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis and repair.  
https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansaa19730f Posted at 2018-1-14 08:56
Hi dji Diana I’ve also got same issue not used drone for a couple of months,started it up in my lounge today without props I just get ESC Error message tryed restart multiple times but nothing all firmware upto date overall status esc normal,no crashes etc worked fine last outing no nothing is it possible to try this bin file that you’ve been giving people.
Kind regards
Darren

Hi Darren, which drone are you referring to, P3A or P3P?
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djidog Posted at 2018-1-14 11:45
Hi, I'm also having the "ESC status code" error, but I did have a little crash prior.  What does that indicate I can/should do to get it flying again?  

By a "little crash" I mean I flew sideways into my shake roof, it flipped over and stopped on the roof.  One of the props was broken.  I replaced them all and then tried flying again and it flew just fine.  I was able to do what I was trying to until it got a low battery warning.  I landed and turned it off and then decided to try again (as it was only 30%).  When I tried to fly again, I got the "ESC status code" and even after restarting, it would not fly.  I have v3.1.23 of the DJI app.  I was using an iPad Air 2 with iOS 11.2.2.  Since it flew fine after the crash and the new props, I'm confused why it is complaining now?

Hi, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message for better assistance?
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2018-1-14 15:20
Hi Diana,

So I did fly it today again Finally got a change  from all that rain. Sorry for the delay in message. I was getting the Maximum Flight distance reached again, I think around 97 feet or something. Anyhow. I did notice something today which is very interesting so when this is happening all the info which is suppose to be on the app like Return to home altitude and other number for the flight are not there they are 0. So When I close the app and relaunch it and reconnect usb seems like all my setting as like Return to home altitude 45m (Which I set previously) starts showing that is when everything works.  Which tells me it is more of an issue with the DJI GO app.

May I know what is the OS version of your iPad pro? As for the new issue you noticed, could you please provide a short video of it? You can use the iOS built-in screen recorder to record a video.
2018-1-15
Use props
fansaa19730f
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-15 00:03
Hi Darren, which drone are you referring to, P3A or P3P?

Hi Diana sorry it’s a phantom 3 advanced.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansaa19730f Posted at 2018-1-15 03:59
Hi Diana sorry it’s a phantom 3 advanced.

Okay, I've sent it to you via PM, please check it.
2018-1-15
Use props
fansaa19730f
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thankyou Appriciate your help.
2018-1-15
Use props
fansf45b4dba
lvl.1
Algeria

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-15 00:00
When did this error start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash? Sorry, sounds like a hardware issue, you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis and repair.  
https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

This error start last week and nothing happen before !!! in my situation I can't send the drone from my country
is there a procedure of downgrade and then upgrade ??

My drone is still new and I use it just a couple of times

please advise.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansf45b4dba Posted at 2018-1-17 13:50
This error start last week and nothing happen before !!! in my situation I can't send the drone from my country  
is there a procedure of downgrade and then upgrade ??

There is no such a procedure. Besides, it looks like a hardware issue, not a firmware issue, since you've already tried the beta firmware, but it persists. Please check this link, see if you can find a recommended service center. https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-1-18
Use props
fanscbd3b298
New
Flight distance : 121345 ft
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-20 00:42
Marcus79, I've sent a Dropbox link to you via PM, please download the bin file, then upgrade the drone to this firmware, see if it works.

Hi Diana, please send to me the link to this BIN. I have a DJI PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED with this error: "ESC STATUS ERROR."
2018-1-24
Use props
Anderson_Araujo
New
Flight distance : 121345 ft
Brazil

Hi All

Anyone can share with me the firmware (v1.11.30) ?
My P3A is showing the message: "ESC STATUS ERROR"

Please?

2018-1-25
Use props
fansaa19730f
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just had update on my phantom after trying the firmware upgrade with no joy sent it in for diagnosis came back main controller being replaced and all for motors but no charge thankyou DJI
2018-2-9
Use props
fans15f072f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55423 ft
Israel

Marcus79, I've sent a Dropbox link to you via PM, please download the bin file, then upgrade the drone to this firmware, see if it works.

Hi dianna i have the same problem with the ecs if you can sebd me the frimewere to fix it thanks
2018-2-16
Use props
fanscf6fe7c4
lvl.1
United States

My error and settings are the same as marcus79. Can i get the bin you sent him
2018-2-24
Use props
fans5e924f7e
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-20 20:09
Okay, I've sent the bin file to you via PM, please check it.

Hi Diana,

Could you PM me the .bin file as well? I've been having issues with the ESC Status Error for sometime with my DJI Mavic Pro...

If anyone has this issue, instructions on how to fix this issue would greatly be appreciated!
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanscf6fe7c4 Posted at 2018-2-24 07:10
My error and settings are the same as marcus79. Can i get the bin you sent him

Which drone are you referring to? When did this error start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash?
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans5e924f7e Posted at 2018-2-25 15:33
Hi Diana,

Could you PM me the .bin file as well? I've been having issues with the ESC Status Error for sometime with my DJI Mavic Pro...

This Bin file is not compatible with the Mavic pro, could you please provide me more details about the error of your Mavic pro so I can help? Is the firmware up to date? Did anything happen before this error starts?
2018-3-4
Use props
MoraesJ
Flight distance : 85600 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hello,

I have same issue. Esc status error after upgrade firmware to 1.11.20. Please anyone sends-me the P3X 1.11.30? I have an P3P bricked for several weeks.

Thanks in advance,

MoraesJ
2018-3-8
Use props
MoraesJ
Flight distance : 85600 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

No? Can anyone send me the mysterious file? I really need to recover this phantom. please help me. Tks
2018-3-10
Use props
Michel1965
lvl.1
Mexico

Hi DJI Dianne
I have the same problem  with my phantom 3 pro, esc status error, now propellers don't even start. Tried going back to former firmware, didn't help. Can you send me the BIN file please? Thanks!
2018-3-19
Use props
fans2a8d5bf4
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue! I have tried everything in this thread and still have ESC error and motors will not start. Can someone please PM me the bin file needed to fix this. Thank you!
2018-3-19
Use props
Hogwild84
lvl.1
United States

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2017-12-31 14:55
I just reloaded the firmware and reinstalled the app again on the iPad and now it seems its working good so far.. I will let you know if I need any further help.

How do you mean you reloaded the firmware? Re installed it? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm just looking how to fix mine also.. thanks
2018-3-19
Use props
Hogwild84
lvl.1
United States

fans2a8d5bf4 Posted at 2018-3-19 17:45
I am having the same issue! I have tried everything in this thread and still have ESC error and motors will not start. Can someone please PM me the bin file needed to fix this. Thank you!

I have P3A .... by the way. Please help
2018-3-19
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333852 ft

I've suddenly start receiving ESC status error after upgrading my P3 Pro to firmware P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin. Prior to the upgrade, everything was working perfectly. Will someone from DJI please help me. Thank you, Steve
2018-3-28
Use props
djiuser_GwMxr4q5pUNJ
lvl.1

Norway

I HAVE GOT AN ESC FAILURE AT START UP.ENGINE DONT START.PLEASE SEND ME AN LINK TO AN UPGRADE FIX THAT PROBLEM

blystadjanivar@gmail.com
2018-3-29
Use props
djiuser_GwMxr4q5pUNJ
lvl.1

Norway

Marcus79 Posted at 2017-11-20 11:03
Hey DJI Diana, the new firmware did the trick. After updating I was able to start my drone normally again. No ESC error appeared. Thanks!

Hi i have the same problem - can y please send me that link blystadjanivar@gmail.com
2018-3-29
Use props
djiuser_GwMxr4q5pUNJ
lvl.1

Norway

Hi I got an ESC failure, engine dont start,can y please send me and upgrade to fix this
blystadjanivar@gmail.com
2018-3-29
Use props
fansb7b07ea0
lvl.1

Turkey

2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules