ESC status error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb7b07ea0
lvl.1

Turkey

please help me. I just got this error. I have never flown.
2018-5-8
Use props
djiuser_DxgG8MgEECai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60128 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-20 00:42
Marcus79, I've sent a Dropbox link to you via PM, please download the bin file, then upgrade the drone to this firmware, see if it works.

Any chance you can send me the file? I am having the same issue
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue, which drone do you referring to, P3A or P3P? Thanks!
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_DxgG8MgEECai Posted at 2018-5-11 06:15
Any chance you can send me the file? I am having the same issue

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, may I know which drone do you use, please? P3A or P3P? Thanks!
2018-5-12
Use props
fansfe604fe4
New

Singapore

Please help me... I have not fully enjoyed flying my spark and now app is saying some motor issue.
2018-5-13
Use props
fansfe604fe4
New

Singapore

fansfe604fe4 Posted at 2018-5-13 00:02
Please help me... I have not fully enjoyed flying my spark and now app is saying some motor issue.

This is the error...
Screenshot_20180513-155850.jpg
2018-5-13
Use props
fans340d2bb3
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-12 00:47
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue, which drone do you referring to, P3A or P3P? Thanks!

Hello,
I have the same issue with my Phantom 3 Pro.
Please can you send me over email or DM the .bin file?

Thank you so much
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans340d2bb3 Posted at 2018-5-14 01:41
Hello,
I have the same issue with my Phantom 3 Pro.
Please can you send me over email or DM the .bin file?

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I have sent the bin file to you via PM, please go to check it, hope everything will be fine soon.
2018-5-14
Use props
spraf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262320 ft
France

Seems to be a real PROBLEM with the Phantom 3 ESC !!!

Apparently, the 1.11.30 update creates a lot a other problems (video feedback, max distance, height) and many users (I am one of them) get stuck back with the same problem a few flights later.
What is DJI doing ?

2018-5-14
Use props
fans340d2bb3
lvl.1
Italy

spraf Posted at 2018-5-14 02:58
Seems to be a real PROBLEM with the Phantom 3 ESC !!!

Apparently, the 1.11.30 update creates a lot a other problems (video feedback, max distance, height) and many users (I am one of them) get stuck back with the same problem a few flights later.

I don't really know. I tried to fix the problem with the 1.11.30, but my Phantom 3 Pro always report Esc Status Error
2018-5-14
Use props
spraf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262320 ft
France

fans340d2bb3 Posted at 2018-5-14 05:58
I don't really know. I tried to fix the problem with the 1.11.30, but my Phantom 3 Pro always report Esc Status Error

Did you have some crash or hardlanding before it happened ?
2018-5-18
Use props
Sezer57
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-12 00:47

p3 advanced
2018-5-21
Use props
Sezer57
lvl.1

Turkey

I have the same issue after updated my P3 Adv to 1.11.20, could you send me this firmware? @DJI Susan
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi, thank you for providing the information, I have sent the bin file to you via PM, please check it. Thanks!
2018-5-22
Use props
Lord Beowulf
lvl.1
United States

Hi DJI Diana:

Add another one to the list.  I hadn't flown my Phantom 3 Pro in a month or so, and when I took it out of the storage case and went to fly, the ESC Status Error started up and restarting the drone won't fix it.  The drone has never had any sort of mis-handling or rough landing, so this appears to be the same problem everyone else is having.  Can you please forward the fixed firmware to me as well?  Would be nice if it was just published at this point.

Thanks,

Beo
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Lord Beowulf Posted at 2018-5-26 10:25
Hi DJI Diana:

Add another one to the list.  I hadn't flown my Phantom 3 Pro in a month or so, and when I took it out of the storage case and went to fly, the ESC Status Error started up and restarting the drone won't fix it.  The drone has never had any sort of mis-handling or rough landing, so this appears to be the same problem everyone else is having.  Can you please forward the fixed firmware to me as well?  Would be nice if it was just published at this point.

Hi Beo, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. The bin file has been sent to you via PM, please go to check it. Thanks.
2018-5-27
Use props
djiuser_XMDPBxRo1Aem
New

India

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-22 23:25
Hi, thank you for providing the information, I have sent the bin file to you via PM, please check it. Thanks!

I too have- ecs error pls restart, issue
Mail me bin file
Dji spark flymore combo.
Dreamz.sahil@gmail.com
2018-5-28
Use props
Lord Beowulf
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-27 22:56
Hi Beo, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. The bin file has been sent to you via PM, please go to check it. Thanks.

Hi Diana:

Thanks.  The new firmware helps, but isn't a solid fix.  I was able to launch fine the first time after the update, and after shooting video on my land for 5-10 minutes, brought it back, swapped batteries, and attempted to run a waypoint mission I fly regularly to survey my land.   I was able to take off and land, but couldn't get it to accept the waypoint mission.  I noticed one of the error messages was related to the range limit, and I recalled that I had problems after the last firmware upgrade where even though range limit was disabled, it was still applying.  So I went into DJI Go and toggled the range limit on and off, but then when I tried to fly again, I was back to the ESC status error.

I gave up at that point but came back later to see if the range limit was the culprit and ended up being able to run the mission.  However, when I brought the drone back afterwards to swap batteries and run another waypoint mission, I was back to the ESC status error again, and rebooting repeatedly wouldn't resolve it.  

This is understandably frustrating.  Does DJI have any idea what's happening to these drones and how to resolve it permanently?  Given the number of times I had to send it in when I first got it just to get a 4K camera that would reliably record 4K video, and the limited number of total hours on this drone, it's pretty disappointing to not be able to use it when I need to take pictures.

Thanks,

Beo
2018-5-28
Use props
TomSea.53
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20 ft

Well good luck on getting anything from DJI. I've had the same like problem with mine. Granted mine did crash but when repaired and updated I 've had the unresolved problem. I've tried DJI, ohers on the Forum and to no avail. I know that this is not what you're wanting to hear. Good luck indeed finding a solution. And if so please forward it to me and others that are having this problem.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_XMDPBxRo1Aem Posted at 2018-5-28 07:15
I too have- ecs error pls restart, issue
Mail me bin file
Dji spark flymore combo.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. The bin file is for P3P/P3A, not for spark ESC error. Regarding the issue of the spark, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TomSea.53 Posted at 2018-5-28 11:49
Well good luck on getting anything from DJI. I've had the same like problem with mine. Granted mine did crash but when repaired and updated I 've had the unresolved problem. I've tried DJI, ohers on the Forum and to no avail. I know that this is not what you're wanting to hear. Good luck indeed finding a solution. And if so please forward it to me and others that are having this problem.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm that which drone do you use, please? the P3P or P3A? I will forward the bin file to you then, thanks.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Lord Beowulf Posted at 2018-5-28 10:26
Hi Diana:

Thanks.  The new firmware helps, but isn't a solid fix.  I was able to launch fine the first time after the update, and after shooting video on my land for 5-10 minutes, brought it back, swapped batteries, and attempted to run a waypoint mission I fly regularly to survey my land.   I was able to take off and land, but couldn't get it to accept the waypoint mission.  I noticed one of the error messages was related to the range limit, and I recalled that I had problems after the last firmware upgrade where even though range limit was disabled, it was still applying.  So I went into DJI Go and toggled the range limit on and off, but then when I tried to fly again, I was back to the ESC status error.

Hi Beo, sorry for the difficulties, may I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? Or was there any hard landing? Please try to refresh the firmware again, if the issue still persists, then you are recommended to send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. Thanks!
2018-5-29
Use props
Lord Beowulf
lvl.1
United States

Hi Diana:

As mentioned previously, the drone has nothing physically wrong with it.  It's never had a hard landing and is stored in a hard side case with form fitting foam.  It's been babied just like my other photography equipment.  I just hadn't flown it for a month or two and when I took it out of the case and attempted to launch I got the ESC status error.  The fact that it WAS able to fly yesterday without any problems, once it got past whatever this status error means, would seem to indicate that while there may be some sort of circuit failure causing the problem, it's not due to a mechanical problem.  Certainly your products shouldn't be failing like this after what is probably less than eight hours of total flying time and certainly less than 40.

You mention retrying the firmware update.  How do I force the drone to re-update?  Updating from the memory card, it checks the version and doesn't do anything as long as it's not a newer version.

Thanks,

Beo
2018-5-29
Use props
ttsquirrel0
New
Flight distance : 621801 ft
United States

Hello. I have P3A. I am getting ESC Status Error. Please PM me latest firmware. thank you. Also, if i reconfigure to latest firmware, do i also need to upgrade remote control and batteries?

Thanks

CG
2018-5-29
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft

Bummer, add me to the list of Spark users who opened up their case to fly and got the dreaded, "ESC" errors.  Called today to start a repair case and will be sending it back for inspection and/or repair.  I've had my normal bumps with this little unit, but it's not had any hard landings since I got it last summer.  Mine was temporarily fixed by downgrading the firmware and it worked for a couple more weeks.  Then I got the same error codes, it wouldn't take off.  I reflashed again (oh ya, I restarted it a dozen times, no luck) and I was able to fly Monday and took some nice shots of the family on the deck for Memorial Day.  By Tuesday it was out of whack again and I can't seem to get it to go now.  All I did was put it back in the case on Monday.  

I'm bummed, entering the heart of a warm spring here in Maine and I'm ready to shoot some epic shots.  Hoping the process takes only a couple weeks to get 'er back to me.   
Update - 6/11/18 - Got a note back, bad ESC Board...should be fixed in 3-6 days, hope to have it back by end of the month.  Glad to know it was covered under warranty.  Missing my Spark!
2018-5-31
Use props
johnjohn
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-4 19:05
Hi there, sent it to you via PM, please check it.

hi i have a esc status error also and no flight.....just recently crashed but was having this problem before crash
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

johnjohn Posted at 2018-5-31 20:13
hi i have a esc status error also and no flight.....just recently crashed but was having this problem before crash

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. If the drone is still in warranty period, the local team will arrange data analysis after they received the package. Thanks!
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ttsquirrel0 Posted at 2018-5-29 09:25
Hello. I have P3A. I am getting ESC Status Error. Please PM me latest firmware. thank you. Also, if i reconfigure to latest firmware, do i also need to upgrade remote control and batteries?

Thanks

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. I have sent the bin file to you via PM, please go to check it. Yes, update the drone together with the remote controller and batteries. Thanks.
2018-5-31
Use props
johnjohn
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-31 22:10
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. If the drone is still in warranty period, the local team will arrange data analysis after they received the package. Thanks!

ive repaired everything n still have the esc status error
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Lord Beowulf Posted at 2018-5-29 05:30
Hi Diana:

As mentioned previously, the drone has nothing physically wrong with it.  It's never had a hard landing and is stored in a hard side case with form fitting foam.  It's been babied just like my other photography equipment.  I just hadn't flown it for a month or two and when I took it out of the case and attempted to launch I got the ESC status error.  The fact that it WAS able to fly yesterday without any problems, once it got past whatever this status error means, would seem to indicate that while there may be some sort of circuit failure causing the problem, it's not due to a mechanical problem.  Certainly your products shouldn't be failing like this after what is probably less than eight hours of total flying time and certainly less than 40.

Hi Beo, sorry for all the difficulties, for the flight safety purpose, you are recommended to send the drone back for a full diagnosis, please contact our support to start a case from the website: https://www.dji.com/support. Should there anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
2018-5-31
Use props
johnjohn
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-31 22:26
Hi Beo, sorry for all the difficulties, for the flight safety purpose, you are recommended to send the drone back for a full diagnosis, please contact our support to start a case from the website: https://www.dji.com/support. Should there anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.

would u plz send me the correct firmware for my p3p so i can try that .......
2018-5-31
Use props
Lord Beowulf
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-31 22:26

That's not a very good answer.  Given the drone flies fine when the firmware allows it to fly, and that nothing physical has happened to the drone, it's rather frustrating that my only option is to pay for DJI to "repair" something that should not have failed.  If storing the drone for a month damages it, I should start looking for another vendor!

You also didn't answer my question on how to force a full firmware re-install as you suggested.

Thanks,

Beo

2018-6-1
Use props
johnjohn
lvl.1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ag8e_HeNHhbHUN-o_95SJY1apkveOT2B               here is the link of the video of the crash but i have repaired everthing else and still get the esc error and have tried the newest firware update......some advice on next step plz
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

johnjohn Posted at 2018-5-31 22:54
would u plz send me the correct firmware for my p3p so i can try that .......

Hi, so sorry to reply you late, I have sent the bin file to you via PM, please go to check it, hope everything will be fine soon. Thanks.
2018-6-5
Use props
maggpie
New

New Zealand

Hi DJI Diana,

I have the same issue (ESC Error occurred after not flying the drone for a month). It was flying fine and then didn't work when I next got it out of the cupboard. I have a P3P. Please send me the bin file that fixes this.

Thanks
2018-6-9
Use props
Ofirbarnes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163238 ft
Israel

Hii DJI
I have mavic pro and i am getting this error ESC status error,
Do you know what is thd problem ? and what can i do?
Thanks.
IMG-20180616-WA0000.jpg
2018-6-15
Use props
Lord Beowulf
lvl.1
United States

Well, while my drone had never crashed up to this point, running the new firmware from DJI Diana resulted in a crash, so be warned.  After seeing her post about updating all firmware including the hand controller, I went back and determined that my DJI Go app was out of date on my tablet and after updating that the hand controller updated as well.  I went out to test my drone and was able to get it flying, but after a bit it started giving me warnings about "minimizing output to protect the battery" or some such, even though the battery showed plenty of charge.  Then, before I could bring it down it switched to "Voltage low!  Landing."  As I brought it down (I'd only gone straight up and down on this test flight), it suddenly started drifting rapidly and crashed into a tree.  Motors kept running and it bounced its way down to the ground, where despite the app giving me "motor obstructed" warnings constantly, I was unable to turn them off.  Attempting to power the battery pack off didn't work either.  I finally had to pull it, all to the smell of burning electronics as it toasted whatever was still trying to drive.  So thanks, DJI!  Looks like your test firmware is NOT ready for prime time, and now the damage to my drone is considerably more extensive than whatever's failing just leaving the thing sitting unused.  

Beo
2018-6-18
Use props
TomSea.53
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20 ft

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-29 00:07
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm that which drone do you use, please? the P3P or P3A? I will forward the bin file to you then, thanks.

I have the P34K. I have been waiting a long time for this update trying different things to get it to work to no avail.
Thanks for the update.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

maggpie Posted at 2018-6-9 13:42
Hi DJI Diana,

I have the same issue (ESC Error occurred after not flying the drone for a month). It was flying fine and then didn't work when I next got it out of the cupboard. I have a P3P. Please send me the bin file that fixes this.

Hi, I'm so sorry for the late response. The bin file has been sent to you via PM, please go to check it. Thanks.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Ofirbarnes Posted at 2018-6-15 22:23
Hii DJI
I have mavic pro and i am getting this error ESC status error,
Do you know what is thd problem ? and what can i do?

Sorry for the inconvenience. The bin file in this post is for P3 series, not for Mavic pro. Could you please try to update the firmware for the Mavic pro to see if it fixes or not? Thanks.
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules