Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ESC status error
78610 478 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcus79
lvl.1
Finland

Hi DJI,

I've suddenly start reveiving ESC status error each time when i try to take of with the aircraft and no motors starts. All statuses show normal before and enough satellites are found. I have latest firmware and have calibrated the compass, IMU and gimball. No cables loose. I didn't experienced any issues during my previous flight and haven't crashed. What should I do? Please advise.

2017-11-19
Use props
Marcus79
lvl.1
Finland

IOS App version: 3.1.19, Aircraft: 1.11.20, Remote Controller: 1.9.2, Basic App fly safe db: 01.00.01.05, flight controller s/n: 03Z0173230
2017-11-19
Use props
Marcus79
lvl.1
Finland

No firmware update was done prior to the ESC error message either.
2017-11-19
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Check this post:  Good luck!  https://forum.dji.com/thread-103582-1-1.html
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Marcus79, I've sent a Dropbox link to you via PM, please download the bin file, then upgrade the drone to this firmware, see if it works.
2017-11-20
Use props
Marcus79
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-20 00:42
Marcus79, I've sent a Dropbox link to you via PM, please download the bin file, then upgrade the drone to this firmware, see if it works.

Hey DJI Diana, the new firmware did the trick. After updating I was able to start my drone normally again. No ESC error appeared. Thanks!
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Marcus79 Posted at 2017-11-20 11:03
Hey DJI Diana, the new firmware did the trick. After updating I was able to start my drone normally again. No ESC error appeared. Thanks!

Glad to hear that, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-11-20
Use props
Marcus79
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-20 22:37
Glad to hear that, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!

One issue appeared though after the upgrade that I haven't experienced before with my drone and that is image transmission lag. The video feed from the drone camera comes with delay to the remote control and sometimes I get a short black screen.
2017-11-26
Use props
fans51d785dc
lvl.1
Greece

Hello Diana,
I have exactly the same problem. Can you please  sent me the bin file to test it?

thanks,
Bill
2017-11-26
Use props
fans9865fdf8
Flight distance : 4455 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome to my world, I have had the same problem for the last 2 weeks after the DJI Update. ESC Error (motors would not start), then updated to the Beta (P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin) from Admin, got the motors going again, but now the video feed to my iPad mini 3 is so bad I'm not prepared to chance flying my P3 Pro. never had any problems before the "App version: 3.1.19, Aircraft: 1.11.20, Remote Controller: 1.9.2, updates". never crashed, never had a hard landing. extremely well looked after Phantom 3 PRO. cannot seem to get any answers/fix  for the problem from anyone. So now I'm the proud owner of a very expensive paper weight "THANKS DJI", Thanks a lot.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Marcus79 Posted at 2017-11-26 02:11
One issue appeared though after the upgrade that I haven't experienced before with my drone and that is image transmission lag. The video feed from the drone camera comes with delay to the remote control and sometimes I get a short black screen.

What mobile device are you using? What is the APP version? Besides, have you tried to fly the drone in different open areas? If yes, how is it going?
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans51d785dc Posted at 2017-11-26 12:05
Hello Diana,
I have exactly the same problem. Can you please  sent me the bin file to test it?

Sent it to you via PM, please check it.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9865fdf8 Posted at 2017-11-26 14:22
Welcome to my world, I have had the same problem for the last 2 weeks after the DJI Update. ESC Error (motors would not start), then updated to the Beta (P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin) from Admin, got the motors going again, but now the video feed to my iPad mini 3 is so bad I'm not prepared to chance flying my P3 Pro. never had any problems before the "App version: 3.1.19, Aircraft: 1.11.20, Remote Controller: 1.9.2, updates". never crashed, never had a hard landing. extremely well looked after Phantom 3 PRO. cannot seem to get any answers/fix  for the problem from anyone. So now I'm the proud owner of a very expensive paper weight "THANKS DJI", Thanks a lot.

That's so sorry to hear this, have you checked the HD settings? You can try to custom the channels and lower the Image Transmission Quality, see if it is better. Besides, I would recommend you try other mobile devices if you can, see if it is the same.
2017-11-26
Use props
Berrylite 6
lvl.1

India

Hi @diana i have the same issue can you pm the bin file
2017-12-2
Use props
Marcus79
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-26 19:51
What mobile device are you using? What is the APP version? Besides, have you tried to fly the drone in different open areas? If yes, how is it going?

I'm using Apple iPad Mini 2 and app Version 3.1.22. I've tried changing to different locations, but still get the same lag and occasional flickering of the screen which makes it difficult to fly in real time view. I've tried to custom change the Channel Mode in Image Transmission Mode but it doesn't allow me. Also want to highlight that I didn't have this problem image transmission problem before the beta update. I have been flying this same drone since 2015 without such issue.

Now today when I was trying to take the drone up for a flight with another fully charged battery I got the same ESC error that will not allow me to take off. Switching back to the previous battery, ESC problem doesn't appear.

RC version 1.9.2. Aircraft Version 1.11.20+. Flight controller s/n 03Z0173230. Aircraft s/n P78DCF29030721.
2017-12-3
Use props
Marcus79
lvl.1
Finland

Marcus79 Posted at 2017-12-3 02:49
I'm using Apple iPad Mini 2 and app Version 3.1.22. I've tried changing to different locations, but still get the same lag and occasional flickering of the screen which makes it difficult to fly in real time view. I've tried to custom change the Channel Mode in Image Transmission Mode but it doesn't allow me. Also want to highlight that I didn't have this problem image transmission problem before the beta update. I have been flying this same drone since 2015 without such issue.

Now today when I was trying to take the drone up for a flight with another fully charged battery I got the same ESC error that will not allow me to take off. Switching back to the previous battery, ESC problem doesn't appear.

I tried now using my iPhone 7 instead of the iPad Mini 3 and with that I didn't have any image transmission problem. Location was the same. How come the iPad Mini 2 suddenly have a reduced image transmission quality? Is that related to firmware update of either device?

And when one solution was found I'm again back at square one now with the ESC problem. I got the same error message now with both my batteries.
2017-12-3
Use props
Marcus79
lvl.1
Finland

Marcus79 Posted at 2017-12-3 03:01
I tried now using my iPhone 7 instead of the iPad Mini 3 and with that I didn't have any image transmission problem. Location was the same. How come the iPad Mini 2 suddenly have a reduced image transmission quality? Is that related to firmware update of either device?

And when one solution was found I'm again back at square one now with the ESC problem. I got the same error message now with both my batteries.

I updated the DJI Go app on my iPad Mini 2 to the recent Version 3.1.23 and now the image transmission is even worse than on Version 3.1.22. The screen is lagging constantly and makes it unusable device. However with the iPhone 7 I didn't have any issues with DJI app 3.1.23 and image transmission is good.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Berrylite 6 Posted at 2017-12-2 00:52
Hi @diana i have the same issue can you pm the bin file

Which drone are you referring to? When did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing, crash or firmware upgrading?
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Marcus79 Posted at 2017-12-3 07:55
I updated the DJI Go app on my iPad Mini 2 to the recent Version 3.1.23 and now the image transmission is even worse than on Version 3.1.22. The screen is lagging constantly and makes it unusable device. However with the iPhone 7 I didn't have any issues with DJI app 3.1.23 and image transmission is good.

For the ESC error, please try to restart the drone for several times, see if it helps. And for your iPad Mini 2, may I know what OS version it is running? Could you please delete the DJI GO APP with all related files from your iPad, then install it again?
2017-12-3
Use props
fans212ad75a
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-3 19:36
For the ESC error, please try to restart the drone for several times, see if it helps. And for your iPad Mini 2, may I know what OS version it is running? Could you please delete the DJI GO APP with all related files from your iPad, then install it again?

Is there anyway somebody can email me the .bin file and instructions for my Phantom 4 Pro please? I have tried everything and I cannot do a successful update on the aircraft. It's my last resort, so please.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans212ad75a Posted at 2017-12-4 03:31
Is there anyway somebody can email me the .bin file and instructions for my Phantom 4 Pro please? I have tried everything and I cannot do a successful update on the aircraft. It's my last resort, so please.

Hi there, sent it to you via PM, please check it.
2017-12-4
Use props
ta5ct
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341644 ft
Turkey

Hi DJI Diana ,  i have the same issue "ESC error".  I try to restart the drone for several times but nothing. please help me.
Device : Phantom 3 Pro
App :      3.1.22 ( Galaxy Tab S 10")
Version : 1.11.20
RC         : 1.9.2
S/N      : 03Z0012399
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ta5ct Posted at 2017-12-9 10:13
Hi DJI Diana ,  i have the same issue "ESC error".  I try to restart the drone for several times but nothing. please help me.
Device : Phantom 3 Pro
App :      3.1.22 ( Galaxy Tab S 10")

Hey Sir, I received your message in PM as well. Please check the download link and try again. BTW, if you need one's attention, please click the Reply button under one's message, thanks!
2017-12-11
Use props
ta5ct
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341644 ft
Turkey

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-11 02:57
Hey Sir, I received your message in PM as well. Please check the download link and try again. BTW, if you need one's attention, please click the Reply button under one's message, thanks!

Thank you for the information.  I received your firmware file. thanks!
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ta5ct Posted at 2017-12-11 11:24
Thank you for the information.  I received your firmware file. thanks!

My pleasure. Welcome to contact us if you have other questions. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-12-12
Use props
Brian43
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem with my p3p. Could you please send me the bin file. Thank you.
2017-12-15
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

I started having same issue with my p3p however seems like after several restarts it goes away but it's annoying how can I fix this for good??
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Brian43 Posted at 2017-12-15 16:47
I have the same problem with my p3p. Could you please send me the bin file. Thank you.

Hi Brian, sent it to you via PM, please check it.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2017-12-17 00:54
I started having same issue with my p3p however seems like after several restarts it goes away but it's annoying how can I fix this for good??

Hi there, when did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing, crash or firmware upgrading?
2017-12-17
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-17 18:20
Hi there, when did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing, crash or firmware upgrading?

I believe it was firmware upgrade Because I never have had a hard landing or a crash or anything Also The error comes back time to time and seems like after like 3-5 restarts it goes away and it comes back again so hoping its more of a software issue than hardware.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2017-12-20 13:35
I believe it was firmware upgrade Because I never have had a hard landing or a crash or anything Also The error comes back time to time and seems like after like 3-5 restarts it goes away and it comes back again so hoping its more of a software issue than hardware.

Okay, I've sent the bin file to you via PM, please check it.
2017-12-20
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-20 20:09
Okay, I've sent the bin file to you via PM, please check it.

I did get the link thank you ! However when trying to download the file it states the file has been removed or something.. so unable to get the file anyhow I will wait for the new link once again thank you so much for your help and Merry Christmas !!!
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2017-12-20 22:20
I did get the link thank you ! However when trying to download the file it states the file has been removed or something.. so unable to get the file anyhow I will wait for the new link once again thank you so much for your help and Merry Christmas !!!

Sorry, I've sent you a new link, please check it again.  Merry Christmas!
2017-12-20
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-20 23:28
Sorry, I've sent you a new link, please check it again.  Merry Christmas!

Awesome thank you so much for the updated link I have successfully downloaded the file. Just a quick question before I load this firmware onto the Phantom 3 pro. Is this firmware a beta ? and official and also after this update will I still be able to get the regular update thru DJI in the future ?
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2017-12-21 17:12
Awesome thank you so much for the updated link I have successfully downloaded the file. Just a quick question before I load this firmware onto the Phantom 3 pro. Is this firmware a beta ? and official and also after this update will I still be able to get the regular update thru DJI in the future ?

No worries, this is a fully tested beta firmware, you'll be able to get the regular update in the future.
2017-12-21
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-21 22:38
No worries, this is a fully tested beta firmware, you'll be able to get the regular update in the future.

Awesome Thank you !
2017-12-21
Use props
Redneck131
New

United States

I experienced the same issue yesterday. Been flying regularly the last couple weeks with no issues. No problem with the first battery. Once it went dead I hooked up my second battery just in time to catch a drawbridge opening, no joy. ESC error message and no start. Recommended shut down and restart. Restarted 3 times with negative results. Tried using the low battery I had just flown and received the same message. Put the fresh battery back in to the death message two more times. Third time was the charm. Six total restarts to clear the problem. Hoping I don't get stuck with it again.
2017-12-22
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

So I did updated the firmware like you told me it did Sold the problem of ESC now seems like that problem is gone for good, However Now I have some new problems

First - MOST IMPORTANT - Max Flight Distance Reached and altitude as well  keeps coming up cannot fly far. No I am not on beginner mode.

Yes I double check the beginner mode even try to do on and off that is not helping.

Also On the low battery, I have it on 30 % warning and I was setting it on 20 % still low battery thing stays at 30 % (or keeps showing on remote the low battery warning with red bar) cannot change that at-least not on the fly seems like.

Now another major issue is with this update I cannot change the Camera settings or flip camera between video and camera from the ipad app it does work from dedicated buttons on the remote but does not let me do it on the DJI GO App after this firmware update.

Also The I had it on DLOG setting for camera and it does not let me select any other setting for camera like normal or anything.. It just doesnt work on the DJI GO APP.

Now I am using the iPAD 10.5 pro the dji go app is also up to date and everything.

Can you please get back to me with a solution what should I do to fix all these problems. Seems like the ESC solved but I started having all these another problems now.

2017-12-23
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

Hi Morning ! its been couple of days and I am still waiting on someone to guide me what to do ? This morning I even deleted the DJI GO APP from my iPad 10.5 and try to fly it by installing again. Seems like its more of a DJI GO app and the firmware you gave me is the issue. It is not even letting me set the Return to home altitude its currently set at 0 m  I was trying to set it to 30 M.

Anyhow With all the other problems listed above which are still there. Also I cannot even calibrate the compass seems like When I click on the Compass Calibration it does not do anything. Can someone please get back to me with a possible solution.

2017-12-30
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

I just reloaded the firmware and reinstalled the app again on the iPad and now it seems its working good so far.. I will let you know if I need any further help.
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules