Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Return Crystalsky Ultra for evaluation, repair or replacement
1981 8 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visiondude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31385 ft
United States

I have two P4P's with no problems that work perfectly with my iPad 12.9. I have a CS Ultra that is completely unpredictable, exhibiting the same issues everyone else seems to be complaining about. When it works the way it should, briefly, it's an amazing device. The picture randomly becomes pixelated and  totally unusable. I've lost faith in it's reliability, and am going back to my iPad Pro.
I wish I had enough confidence to send it to DJI for evaluation, repair, or replacement with one that works. Has anyone sent their's in and been happy with the result?  I'm desparately hoping your engineers can find a firmware solution to these problems.
I don't know whether to return it to the dealer for a refund, if it's not too late. Or send it to you for repair or replacement. Or hang on to it, hoping for a firmware solution. I would appreciate your advice.

HOPING FOR HELP sometime soon.........

Frustrated flier
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry to read about your frustration and unpleasant experience with our product.
Before sending in, could you please help us to verify the following info?
1. What is the firmware version of CrystalSky? Is it up to date?
2. Have you tried ''reset to factory default'' in Settings?

Thanks for your time.
2017-11-19
Use props
Visiondude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31385 ft
United States

I did install the latest firmware:  02.04.02.00 and I did reset to the factory default.  
A month or two ago I added my email to your notification list when the CS Ultras became available. Five days ago I got an email from DJI informing me the CSD was now available for order. This morning I returned my current CS Ultra to the sender for full refund, and ordered one directly from DJI.  My hope is that maybe a newer one from you might work better and, if not, I’ll have a direct link with DJI for an ultimate solution.
My new order with DJI is Order No.: 0017188985890, says it may take a couple of weeks to receive. So, I’m keeping my fingers crossed and using my iPad Pro  which works just fine with my two P4P’s in the meantime.

Thanks for your quick response, Mindy.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Visiondude Posted at 2017-11-20 06:29
I did install the latest firmware:  02.04.02.00 and I did reset to the factory default.  
A month or two ago I added my email to your notification list when the CS Ultras became available. Five days ago I got an email from DJI informing me the CSD was now available for order. This morning I returned my current CS Ultra to the sender for full refund, and ordered one directly from DJI.  My hope is that maybe a newer one from you might work better and, if not, I’ll have a direct link with DJI for an ultimate solution.
My new order with DJI is Order No.: 0017188985890, says it may take a couple of weeks to receive. So, I’m keeping my fingers crossed and using my iPad Pro  which works just fine with my two P4P’s in the meantime.

Sir, we do hope you will get the refund from your dealer smoothly and receive the new one soon. Please let me know if you need any assistnce.
2017-11-20
Use props
fansf873f649
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460404 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-19 18:09
We are so sorry to read about your frustration and unpleasant experience with our product.
Before sending in, could you please help us to verify the following info?
1. What is the firmware version of CrystalSky? Is it up to date?

Over the years I have spent $30,000 to $35,000 on DJI products including a first generation Ultra Bright. When I first got the UB I knew something was wrong, but foolishly said nothing and end up using it rarely. I relied on my “bright” crystal sky which has worked nicely. So recently, after about the sixth time I used the UB, the motherboard died, it overheated. DJI is well aware that this is a known problem and should have repaired it for free. For them the parts  cost less than $30.00.  Instead, they wanted to turn a profit on the repair and charge me $500.  This is unfair and frustrating. I feel my loyalty as a customer has not been any value to DJI. The bottom line is DJI puts profit over being responsible. The same thing happened to me with four INSPIRE 2 batteries. They were bought at the same time and all failed in one week. Tell me this is a coincidence or design failure.
2019-6-8
Use props
fansf873f649
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460404 ft
  • >>>
United States

Over the years I have spent $30,000 to $35,000 on DJI products including a first generation Ultra Bright. When I first got the UB I knew something was wrong, but foolishly said nothing and end up using it rarely. I relied on my “bright” crystal sky which has worked nicely. So recently, after about the sixth time I used the UB, the motherboard died, it overheated. DJI is well aware that this is a known problem and should have repaired it for free. For them the parts  cost less than $30.00.  Instead, they wanted to turn a profit on the repair and charge me $500.  This is unfair and frustrating. I feel my loyalty as a customer has not been any value to DJI. The bottom line is DJI puts profit over being responsible. The same thing happened to me with four INSPIRE 2 batteries. They were bought at the same time and all failed in one week. Tell me this is a coincidence or design failure.
2019-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf873f649 Posted at 6-8 04:47
Over the years I have spent $30,000 to $35,000 on DJI products including a first generation Ultra Bright. When I first got the UB I knew something was wrong, but foolishly said nothing and end up using it rarely. I relied on my “bright” crystal sky which has worked nicely. So recently, after about the sixth time I used the UB, the motherboard died, it overheated. DJI is well aware that this is a known problem and should have repaired it for free. For them the parts  cost less than $30.00.  Instead, they wanted to turn a profit on the repair and charge me $500.  This is unfair and frustrating. I feel my loyalty as a customer has not been any value to DJI. The bottom line is DJI puts profit over being responsible. The same thing happened to me with four INSPIRE 2 batteries. They were bought at the same time and all failed in one week. Tell me this is a coincidence or design failure.

Hi there, we are so sorry for what happened, I see Susan has replied your concern in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-149916-1-1.html and explained what happened, hope for your understanding.
2019-6-13
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

Mindy, I have also just experienced a Crystalsky Ultra failure.  Died after 20 minutes.  This is a slave monitor so it is rarely used.  So, after spending $700 for this monitor - that is, of course, out of warranty - it has died a well-known death that everyone in the industry knows is an identified common problem with this monitor.  Unfortunately, like others have stated DJI has failed to acknowledge or make good on what is clearly a design and/or manufacturing defect because...culturally, DJI would NEVER admit to failing with anything!!  I have not yet opened a repair case.  I know how the scripted conversation will go.  Everybody hears the script.  "I'm so sorry, out of warranty.  Is there anything else we can help with?"  Since I have no other recourse, I will be forced to send back to DJI for repair and will be expecting to hear that it will cost almost what I paid for it to get it repaired.  The right thing for DJI to do - and the honorable thing - would be to acknowledge that these units (mine is a very early one) has defects and repair/replace.  We won't call it warranty. Call it "good will." I will report my repair experience so you can see how it plays out vs. my prediction.
2019-6-20
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

rfAndy Posted at 6-20 05:53
Mindy, I have also just experienced a Crystalsky Ultra failure.  Died after 20 minutes.  This is a slave monitor so it is rarely used.  So, after spending $700 for this monitor - that is, of course, out of warranty - it has died a well-known death that everyone in the industry knows is an identified common problem with this monitor.  Unfortunately, like others have stated DJI has failed to acknowledge or make good on what is clearly a design and/or manufacturing defect because...culturally, DJI would NEVER admit to failing with anything!!  I have not yet opened a repair case.  I know how the scripted conversation will go.  Everybody hears the script.  "I'm so sorry, out of warranty.  Is there anything else we can help with?"  Since I have no other recourse, I will be forced to send back to DJI for repair and will be expecting to hear that it will cost almost what I paid for it to get it repaired.  The right thing for DJI to do - and the honorable thing - would be to acknowledge that these units (mine is a very early one) has defects and repair/replace.  We won't call it warranty. Call it "good will." I will report my repair experience so you can see how it plays out vs. my prediction.

As expected, DJI told me the main board was bad (no kidding) and that the unit would have to be replaced for the bargain price of $513 since it was out of warranty.  Never mind that the unit only had, at most, an hour or two on it.  The main board failure is a common problem with the Ultra version and there have been many complaints.  It is obviously a design flaw that causes these boards to fail prematurely and/or not hold up under normal operating conditions.  Shame on DJI for not acknowledging this.  It is a continued cultural problem where the company can't admit any flaws, mistakes, or anything else that could cause them to look bad or spend a little bit of $ to fix properly.  In the meantime, I am forced to reluctantly pay for a repair of a problem that should not have occurred if the Ultra unit was truly an enterprise/public safety grade product.  CLEARLY, it isn't.  Unless you need HDMI output from the monitor, I would recommend going with a much less expensive Android tablet that can run other compatible apps and give you a 4G connection, if needed, as this isn't available on CrystalSky.
2019-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules