672 14 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Myslipylly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88284 ft
Finland

Hi,

I have owned Mavic about 2 months. I had no other problems but the image is really soft on the other side. I have latest firmware.

So I was flying my mavic yestarday, first battery with no problems.
With second (same battery, charged) battery I didnt have any problems at first. But then I noticed some strange behavior with gimbal (spins wildy around like when calibrating)
When battery reached 30 percent power, I started to land my mavic.

First I was getting message "Mobile CPU overload. Related performance will be affected" multiple times and live feed was getting very choppy.  So I press RTH button.. and nothing happened.

I was landing withoud live feed at this point from ~50m to 5m with mavic on my sight.
At this point I noticed that when I push right stick forward, mavic moves sideways, left goes back etc. Controls totally messed up.
Then Mavic stop responding to controller up/down stick.. hovering in the air about 4m height.

I then press emergency stop button and Mavic goes crazy.. shoots full speed at nearest building.

I didnt get any other warnings than CPU Overload. Calibrated compass normally before first flight. No compass errors.

Mavic & camera seems to be ok, all props shattered and some scratches.

Any ideas? This is not normal.
I hope you understand, english is not my native tongue
2017-11-19
Use props
Myslipylly
lvl.1
Finland

Last minutes of the flight
2017-11-19
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Wow sorry for your loss. You should provide the Flight record from this last flight and will surely get assistance from members.
2017-11-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You need to download flight data to phantomhelp.com. Also provide OS, VERSION, PHONE/TABLET type etc. also how cold was it outside?
2017-11-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-19 10:16
You need to download flight data to phantomhelp.com. Also provide OS, VERSION, PHONE/TABLET type etc. also how cold was it outside?

You think temperature will have something to do with this?
2017-11-19
Use props
Myslipylly
lvl.1
Finland

dronist Posted at 2017-11-19 10:16

I'll do that, thanks
2017-11-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-19 10:25
You think temperature will have something to do with this?

Yup he is in Finland and depending on temperature and wind gust all kind behaviors can occur.

Onetime, "I was lucky,", I had my P4P take off for about 5'. I always let the whatever drone I am flying run for 1 minute to see if everything is good and then out of the blue motors stopped and dropped to the ground lucky we had 18 inches of snow. It was below 5.

Another time the MP was taking off and then it started shaking violently and going around 360 degrees and that was the first time and only time I took off off my cement walkway which had reebar in them.

So different and multiple things can affect the stability and functions of these drones.

2017-11-19
Use props
Myslipylly
lvl.1
Finland

App version 4.1.17
Aircraft version 01.04.0000
Remote controller 01.04.0000
Mobile device used: Ipad Mini 2
Temperature: 35.2
2017-11-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure, just to add a link back here when you do that.

How bad was the MP damaged?

2017-11-19
Use props
Myslipylly
lvl.1
Finland

Link to flight DAT file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqkpmYJeIlYlolRdaNHlvKnxAeBY

- How bad was the MP damaged?
All propellers shattered, some scratches on battery & motor. Suprisingly gimball & IMU calibrates fine after crash and no errors on controller / DJI app.
2017-11-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

None of those DAT files shows any time in flight, and most appear to just be powering on the Mavic for a short time indoors. Please check for a more recent DAT file that corresponds to date and time of the flight you described and update this thread once you've found it.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash, for your case, had you reported the crash to our support? Please help to export the flight data and the RC data, send it to our support.nl@dji.com, we will help to analyze the reason. At the same time, please send the drone in, we will also help to take care of it.

2017-11-19
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

The other thing that can cause random aircraft movement and behaviour is interference. Was there anything nearby that could have caused this such as metal structures?  
2017-11-19
Use props
Myslipylly
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-19 19:23
Sorry to hear about the crash, for your case, had you reported the crash to our support? Please help to export the flight data and the RC data, send it to our support.nl@dji.com, we will help to analyze the reason. At the same time, please send the drone in, we will also help to take care of it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg&t=3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reRVldRx9Rk&index=12&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Thank you. I just contacted to DJI support e-mail and provided the flight data and RC data. I hope you can help. How do i send the drone in?
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Myslipylly Posted at 2017-11-20 09:02
Thank you. I just contacted to DJI support e-mail and provided the flight data and RC data. I hope you can help. How do i send the drone in?

Sorry for the late reply, since you have contacted our support, I believe they had guided you how to send, right? If you haven't sent it back yet, please click here to apply for a case number: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules