5839 30 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone that has purchased a Cendence Controller did you get a manual ? I cannot get a Menue to appear nor do I know how to Bind it to a new Inspire 2. The DJI Support page for the Cendence only tells me how to do the upodate to the controller which I have done successfully.
Any info would be appreciated.
2017-11-19
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Binding is the same as the regular RC and covered in the I2 Manual.
2017-11-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

R8,
No written information is available that I can see. The remote is very straight forward and works just like the standard controller. Then you go into the menu you will see the list of options available and drop drown list of the items you can assign to them.

Great product and much easier to program than my Futaba 18MZ radio  

I posted these photos already on your other post
Rich

IMG_9461.jpg IMG_9730.PNG IMG_9729.PNG
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Rodger, there are the steps to link the RC in user manual in our support page, which can be found in page 9.
It's the same as the standard RC.
Please let us know if you have further question. link the RC.png
2017-11-19
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-19 20:29
Hi, Rodger, there are the steps to link the RC in user manual in our support page, which can be found in page 9.
It's the same as the standard RC.
Please let us know if you have further question.[view_image]

Thanks Mindy, between you and Rich I have it figured out now.
2017-11-20
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-19 13:38
Binding is the same as the regular RC and covered in the I2 Manual.

In all these years I have never had to bind the RC so it is new to me. Got it now though.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-20 02:45
Thanks Mindy, between you and Rich I have it figured out now.

You are welcome, please keep us updated if there are any further questions.
2017-11-20
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-19 13:57
R8,
No written information is available that I can see. The remote is very straight forward and works just like the standard controller. Then you go into the menu you will see the list of options available and drop drown list of the items you can assign to them.

Everything went well. Did the bind in under 1 minute without any issues. Works great, thanks for the help, you and Mindy.
2017-11-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-20 17:24
Everything went well. Did the bind in under 1 minute without any issues. Works great, thanks for the help, you and Mindy.

You are welcome     Awesome!  Glad you were able to get everything up and running. (I knew you could)

This is a very nice set up, I am getting used to having so many options using the buttons instead of the App.

Rich
2017-11-20
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

All went well only took a few seconds and success on the first attempt.
2017-11-21
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-20 23:44
You are welcome     Awesome!  Glad you were able to get everything up and running. (I knew you could)

This is a very nice set up, I am getting used to having so many options using the buttons instead of the App.

Definitely a top shelf controller. Get the DJI Lanyard. I think that will solve your hitting unintended buttons.
2017-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-21 01:32
Definitely a top shelf controller. Get the DJI Lanyard. I think that will solve your hitting unintended buttons.

Yes the lanyard will be a much needed accessory with the additional weight and such. I am very pleased with the quality of the controller but I come from many years of advanced RC systems with computer programming capabilities. I think the Cendence is definitely a welcome upgrade from the normal minimal drone equipment with a very solid feel and great functionality. I will leave the patch antenna on the remote for now and see how this works in my flying environment (mountains and rivers etc.)  
So I have recalibrated my IMU and compass since the FW update and cannot wait to try out the remote some more.
High winds and bad weather have prevented me from flying.

All the best
Rich
2017-11-21
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-21 10:18
Yes the lanyard will be a much needed accessory with the additional weight and such. I am very pleased with the quality of the controller but I come from many years of advanced RC systems with computer programming capabilities. I think the Cendence is definitely a welcome upgrade from the normal minimal drone equipment with a very solid feel and great functionality. I will leave the patch antenna on the remote for now and see how this works in my flying environment (mountains and rivers etc.)  
So I have recalibrated my IMU and compass since the FW update and cannot wait to try out the remote some more.
High winds and bad weather have prevented me from flying.

The Lanyard eases up on the weight, a bit more relaxing and no pressure on the controller. I agree with you, the Cendence is top shelf gear. Still adjusting with it and have not put the I 2 in the air yet. I registered it the day that it arrived and waiting for my registration stickers to apply them to the I2 and be legal. I took the patch antenna off and installed the two sticks. I am an omnidirectional guy . I do need to take a resistance reading of the patch terminals and get them off to Electra. He feels that there is problem with his antenna. From his description it sounds like he has either a short or an open. It happens. At least we can compare and maybe help to make a determination?
2017-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-21 18:54
The Lanyard eases up on the weight, a bit more relaxing and no pressure on the controller. I agree with you, the Cendence is top shelf gear. Still adjusting with it and have not put the I 2 in the air yet. I registered it the day that it arrived and waiting for my registration stickers to apply them to the I2 and be legal. I took the patch antenna off and installed the two sticks. I am an omnidirectional guy . I do need to take a resistance reading of the patch terminals and get them off to Electra. He feels that there is problem with his antenna. From his description it sounds like he has either a short or an open. It happens. At least we can compare and maybe help to make a determination?

edit:
I finally got to fly today using the new Cendence remote. Everything worked great and the remote has a very nice feel. I did have a scare when trying the landing gear for the first time.  I used the Bd button to cycle the gear up or down. The Bf didn't work for me, but Cougar said you need to hit the button 2 times?  I have not tested that again.  

Let me know when you get to fly yours and compare notes  

Rich

IMG_9730.PNG
2017-11-22
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-22 18:41
edit:
I finally got to fly today using the new Cendence remote. Everything worked great and the remote has a very nice feel. I did have a scare when trying the landing gear for the first time.  I used the Bd button to cycle the gear up or down. The Bf didn't work for me, but Cougar said you need to hit the button 2 times?  I have not tested that again.  

Hi Rich, chiming in here, the information regarding the pressing of the button twice to get the LG to deploy I found from a different user, I have not tested this myself. I have tried the Cendance but not flown with it since it was a RC I borrowed from a friend to test my focus with.
Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US.
2017-11-23
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anyone worked how to assign the rear dials? When I try it I only get undefined.. it won't let me pick any options like camera or zoom etc??
2017-11-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dopey-tree Posted at 2017-11-23 12:11
Has anyone worked how to assign the rear dials? When I try it I only get undefined.. it won't let me pick any options like camera or zoom etc??

The side dials are not available to assign anything yet (as far as I can see) the drop down lists only appear on the things that DJI has opened up so far. The camera settings are pre-assigned to the buttons on the front and side of the remote.

Most likely some changes will appear in the future with FW updates
Rich
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

edit:

Hi, Rich, I've tested the Cendence, BF button works.
When you press BF, please check if the Antomatic Landing Gear will be changed. If the Antomatic Landing Gear will be turned on/turned off, BF works fine.
landing gear.png

2017-11-23
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-23 15:30
The side dials are not available to assign anything yet (as far as I can see) the drop down lists only appear on the things that DJI has opened up so far. The camera settings are pre-assigned to the buttons on the front and side of the remote.

So I've just bought some overpriced DJI crap that doesn't work...
Come on DJI lets get this sorted out :-)
2017-11-24
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 21:28
When you press BF, please check if the Antomatic Landing Gear will be changed. If the Antomatic Landing Gear will be turned on/turned off, BF works fine.
[view_image]

Hi Mindy
Thanks for your information and now I understand what is going on with the Cendence. The Bd button, cycles the landing gear up or down, while the Bf button turns on or off the automatic landing gear feature. This was not very clear from the dropdown lists, but they function correctly.
You can see the screen shots showing the FW and App versions too
All the best
Rich
2017-11-19 002.jpg 2017-11-24 005.jpg 2017-11-24 001.jpg
2017-11-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dopey-tree Posted at 2017-11-24 00:37
So I've just bought some overpriced DJI crap that doesn't work...
Come on DJI lets get this sorted out :-)

I find it very odd that you cannot assign all of the dials that are on the remote. Not sure why they do not give you items to pick from the list?

Maybe Mindy can help clarify this point for all of us?
Rich
2017-11-25
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 21:28
[view_image]

To all, I have been using the "BD" button for both Gear up and Gear down. Works fine. I am having an issue with the right wheel for Yaw. It worked once and now the camera will not move with it turned ti either stop. Th left wheel for Pitch works fine.
2017-11-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-26 05:14
To all, I have been using the "BD" button for both Gear up and Gear down. Works fine. I am having an issue with the right wheel for Yaw. It worked once and now the camera will not move with it turned ti either stop. Th left wheel for Pitch works fine.

R8
I had this happen too. Go into the remote calibration (with the inspire 2 turned off) make sure you do the sticks and both the left and right dial wheels. note the App will not ask or show you the right wheel, just move it like you do the left one and hit finish.  You should be good to go again

Rich
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-25 12:24
Hi Mindy
Thanks for your information and now I understand what is going on with the Cendence. The Bd button, cycles the landing gear up or down, while the Bf button turns on or off the automatic landing gear feature. This was not very clear from the dropdown lists, but they function correctly.

Yes, exactly, that is what BD and BF means, it is not very clear in English version, I will feedback to our engineers for attantion.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-26 05:14

Rich's right, this is the temporary resolution, we will get it fixed in the next APP release. Sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-11-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-26 21:30
R8
I had this happen too. Go into the remote calibration (with the inspire 2 turned off) make sure you do the sticks and both the left and right dial wheels. note the App will not ask or show you the right wheel, just move it like you do the left one and hit finish.  You should be good to go again

Hey Rich, and Mindy. Check this experience out. As I said the Yaw worked once and then stopped. This was after I did the linking with the Cendence. I did 3 flights with no issues other than the Yaw issue. I put the Inspire 2 on the bench to try the calibration to see if that would correct the Yaw issue. The Cendence with the Crystal Sky would not connect to the Inspire.  It was working the day before and I had it in the air. I then went into doing a link again and tried that 4 times without success. I did notice that there was no frequency activity in either the 2.4 or 5.8 spectrum. To determine if the issue was the Inspire or the Cendence I tried to relink the supplied stock Controller with the Inspire and it bound up in a couple of seconds and worked fine. This eliminated any issue with the Inspire and put me back to the Cendence. So I gave the Cendence another linking go and it bound up after a few seconds. Here is the confusion. Now the Yaw works flawlessly every time. Now I have activity back on both the 2.4 and 5.8 bands.

My worry is am I going to lose the link with the Inspire in the air and have a fly away? Although I would imagine and hope that it would do a RTH if that happened. I have my maximum distance set to 1500 feet and RTH Height at 160 feet.
2017-11-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 01:30
Rich's right, this is the temporary resolution, we will get it fixed in the next APP release. Sorry for the trouble caused.

Not a problem Mindy, see above as to what solved my issue.
2017-11-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

edit:

On the BD for the Gear I only have to hit it once. In fact if I hit it once to bring the Gear down it starts down and if I hit it again it will interrupt the down and go back up.
2017-11-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-23 15:30

I have the same situation and not really an issue at this point. I have my hands full with all of the features that are assigned. There is a lot going on here now as it is.
2017-11-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-11-25 12:24
Hi Mindy

AAAHHHHHH!! that is why auto works some times and some times not. Suggestion here. Would be nice if a one liner came up on the Cendence Display as to what happened when a function button was activated.  I can tell when I change frequency bands due to a flicker in the Cendence display. Couldn't tell you which one I was in, but could tell you that it just happened along with the "interference warning" extinguishing in the "GO" App. I think that giving you the function in the "GO" App would be a bit much to look for, as the App is very busy now as it is.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6143999 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Does anyone knows if there is any button combination list and what they do? For example holding this and that moves roll ...
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules