After updating my firmware I have a Green Screen
1287 6 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dscot10
New
United States

I was going to fly my Phantom 4 but it needed a firmware update. It was working find just had a warning telling me my firmware was out of date, so I went ahead and updated it. After updating my screen went to a bright green and sometimes a partial pick that was broken up. I have only flown the drone for about 30 minutes in total. Is this a firmware issue or is there a fix for it?
2017-11-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There are three components which require update: the P4, the controller, and the No Fly database on the craft. You should have been asked to update each.

Otherwise, the green screen could be because the controller hasn't been updated to v1.9.3, that you don't have a good coms link to the P4 establlished, or because you've also updated to DJI GO v4.1.x and you have an underpowered tablet/phone.

What are you running the GO app on? Also, have a look at "About..." in the app with everything turned on and report back the version numbers. That'd be handy to fault-find.
2017-11-19
Use props
Troutman1
New
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-19 14:37
There are three components which require update: the P4, the controller, and the No Fly database on the craft. You should have been asked to update each.

Otherwise, the green screen could be because the controller hasn't been updated to v1.9.3, that you don't have a good coms link to the P4 establlished, or because you've also updated to DJI GO v4.1.x and you have an underpowered tablet/phone.

I have tried a iPad air 2, pro 9" and Pro 10.5".  No GO for me
2017-11-19
Use props
Troutman1
New
United States

Troutman1 Posted at 2017-11-19 17:30

The issue is between the controller and the drone.  Poor communication
2017-11-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Troutman1 Posted at 2017-11-19 17:30

Poor communication quality or inadequately powered tablet/phone.
Sadly DJI GO 4 now needs an Apple processor of at least the A8X to manage the hardware video decoding demands adequately. If the CPU is less, you'll get green screens and possibly the unit heating up as the CPU is working to the max.

I have an iPad Air 2 myself, but admit that I'm starting to use Litchi more as it's a cleaner and leaner app.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

What is the APP version? Could you please provide a screenshot of the 'About' page? Please try to reinstall the APP. Besides, please check the HD settings on the APP, try to lower the Transmission Quality, see if it is better.
2017-11-19
Use props
fanse2c2c86f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478547 ft
Australia

DJI Diana, I have totally turned off Cache on my iPad mini, which some people have reported improves things and stops the overheating with the new app upgrade (downgrade for some). I have yet to figure out how to lower the transmission settings. If only I could go back to the last working upgrade - until DJI found a solution to this.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules