Gimble goes crazy when..
725 6 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

Why does the gimble go crazy when you switch from pal to ntsc or vice a versa? , i just switched from ntsc to pal in the app and i could see the vid feed going all over the place, then came a knocking sound from my mavic , i suspect the gimble was knocking on the mavic as it switched from ntsc to pal and threw a wobbler. I quickly switched the mavic off to stop any damage incurring.
After powering the mavic back up all was fine again, suerly this cant be good for the gimble....
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide me with a video of your case? Would like to have a check for it. Thanks.
2017-11-19
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-19 19:09
Could you please provide me with a video of your case? Would like to have a check for it. Thanks.

I would normally oblige however I don't want to risk wrecking my gimble when it's currently working ok If I leave it alone :-) (havn't had my mavic long). only reason I changed to pal was to see if I could record in 30fps at 2.7k , when I couldn't & noticed the gimble acting all weird I quickily changed back to ntsc & switched the mavic off.

2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sim-Y Posted at 2017-11-20 09:53
I would normally oblige however I don't want to risk wrecking my gimble when it's currently working ok If I leave it alone :-) (havn't had my mavic long). only reason I changed to pal was to see if I could record in 30fps at 2.7k , when I couldn't & noticed the gimble acting all weird I quickily changed back to ntsc & switched the mavic off.

It would be nice if we could help to confirm first. But if it comes back to normal again, then it might be okay.
2017-11-28
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Dude its just initializing again lol your mavic will be fine
2017-11-28
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine did exactly the same when the last update was completed. All my settings were zero'd too so had to set max height, distance and RTH altitude again. No great worry and it's normal.
2017-11-28
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies ,I know it has to re-initialize , however it seems to do it quite a bit more violently than just after you power up, anyways it will be left in ntsc as i prefer the 30fps....
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules