phantom 4 adv or 4 pro
830 13 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 607336 ft
United Kingdom

I'm looking at buying the phantom 4 pro but also looking at the phantom 4 advanced and from what i can see their is not alot between them. Is there something i'm missing in reading about them both?
2017-11-19
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

The main difference is in the collision aviodance sensors
2017-11-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-11-19 15:22
The main difference is in the collision aviodance sensors

Yes, the pro has front and rear sensors, the Advanced only has front sensors.
2017-11-19
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well I'v been trying to price them up here in the uk and the price difference is about £250 to £300 from the advanced to the 4 pro, and thats new prices. The second hand market for the 4 pro is £1000 upwards and that is about the same for the advanced. I do have my heart set on the phantom 4 pro and I should have this by December or early January. But maybe I should wait for the January sales???
2017-11-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Use the Compare Drones feature on DJI's website:
https://www.dji.com/products/com ... p;from=landing_page

Switch off all the other models, select the P4 pro and Advanced and you can see exactly what's different and what's the same
2017-11-19
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the funds are avail, then go for the P4P.  
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Here is the main difference: The Phantom 4 Advanced inherits most of the functions of the Phantom 4 Pro. However, in order to increase affordability, unlike the Phantom 4 Pro, the Phantom 4 Advanced does not have rear vision sensors and two infrared sensors in its FlightAutonomy system. Also, its remote controller does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band and Tapfly Backward has been removed. For more details, you can visit this link: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-adv/info#faq   1.png
2017-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not sure if you need it, but the P4P also has 'better' transmission.
(at least different)
2017-11-19
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Go for the pro its a no brainer
2017-11-20
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for the feedback folks. You have helped me to make my mind up, I will be buying the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and hopefully Santa Claus will bring it at Christmas.
2017-11-20
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-19 23:26
Here is the main difference: The Phantom 4 Advanced inherits most of the functions of the Phantom 4 Pro. However, in order to increase affordability, unlike the Phantom 4 Pro, the Phantom 4 Advanced does not have rear vision sensors and two infrared sensors in its FlightAutonomy system. Also, its remote controller does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band and Tapfly Backward has been removed. For more details, you can visit this link: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-adv/info#faq  [view_image]

Thanks for the added info.
2017-11-20
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've looked at a second hand phantom 4 pro that was bought over from Canada and its not a bad price, would this be the same as one sold in the uk?
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-11-20 14:02
I've looked at a second hand phantom 4 pro that was bought over from Canada and its not a bad price, would this be the same as one sold in the uk?

Replied your new thread.
2017-11-20
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-11-20 14:02

Be carefull buying second hand.
Make sure its legit and not stolen do a long test flight prior to purchase and watch the video carefully for any faults. Check all accesories thoroughly especially batteries also if you can go through previous flight logs if possible watch for any crashes or hard landings. I may be paranoid but i never trust something like this being sold second hand there must be a reason for selling it you need to find out what that reason is.
Dont forget the p4p is a precision piece of equipment and can get damaged easily so you need to do your homework before you hand over the cash.
If i was to sell mine second hand i would expect no less from a prospective buyer.
2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules