Video recording keeps stopping after a couple seconds?
2250 12 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_gO87lzn
lvl.1
Canada

Full disclosure: noob operator. First flight went fine, video recording was smooth, 5 min video with no issues. Since then every time I try to record a video, it starts, then keeps auto-stopping after a couple of seconds. I don't believe I made any changes to the video settings, am I missing something simple?
2017-11-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Possibly a slow SD card, what one is it?
2017-11-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you using the stock 16Gb SD Card? If so, next purchase should be a Fast 32 or 64Gb card, but that wouldn't explain what you've described. If it's run out of capacity, I'd assume the video wouldn't even start. But I'd bet that the issue is here somewhere...

Otherwise, you could try disabling Video Caching (but I doubt that'd help either really).
2017-11-19
Use props
Morcegolas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150735 ft
Portugal

I already tried with a Samsung Evo Micro SDXC 64GB 48MB/s Class10 UHS-1 card and the Sandisk Extreme HC UHS-3 16GB card but I’m only recording at 1080p 50Fps, only with screen recording active, no video caching. This SD cards records 4K with no problems, only with screen recording in iOS, that has nothing to do with the Phantom, but I don’t know how and why, but this is happening. :/
2017-11-19
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Is it possible that your sd card is full if so you will need to either download the video files and or delete the files to free up space.
Does the go app show any error msg at all?
2017-11-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Morcegolas Posted at 2017-11-19 15:17
I already tried with a Samsung Evo Micro SDXC 64GB 48MB/s Class10 UHS-1 card and the Sandisk Extreme HC UHS-3 16GB card but I’m only recording at 1080p 50Fps, only with screen recording active, no video caching. This SD cards records 4K with no problems, only with screen recording in iOS, that has nothing to do with the Phantom, but I don’t know how and why, but this is happening. :/

Please start your own thread, you are hijacking another member's enquiry.
2017-11-19
Use props
Morcegolas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150735 ft
Portugal

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-11-19 15:18
Is it possible that your sd card is full if so you will need to either download the video files and or delete the files to free up space.
Does the go app show any error msg at all?

I have the screen recording here:
The card is almost empty because each day I remove the videos and photos from it, and the iPad and iPhone also have plenty of space. Its the second time this happen to me in different days with different devices, only the same Drone.
2017-11-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Morcegolas Posted at 2017-11-19 15:51
I have the screen recording here: https://youtu.be/1uMd1tHnhKA
The card is almost empty because each day I remove the videos and photos from it, and the iPad and iPhone also have plenty of space. Its the second time this happen to me in different days with different devices, only the same Drone.

The available space on the iPhone or iPad has no bearing on the issue. When you empty the files off the card, format it in the aircraft to remove the hidden files.
2017-11-19
Use props
djiuser_gO87lzn
lvl.1
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-19 14:59
Possibly a slow SD card, what one is it?

Using the 64GB Samsung EVO SDXC cards that came in the bundle with my P4P. Will it warn you if it's not fast enough? Maybe I'll power up inside and try a test shot or two tonight.
2017-11-19
Use props
djiuser_gO87lzn
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_gO87lzn Posted at 2017-11-19 16:55
Using the 64GB Samsung EVO SDXC cards that came in the bundle with my P4P. Will it warn you if it's not fast enough? Maybe I'll power up inside and try a test shot or two tonight.

Card is definitely not out of room, I empty before  each flight, and this occurred right in the beginning of my session. Would reformat help maybe then?
2017-11-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_gO87lzn Posted at 2017-11-19 16:55

The aircraft creates hidden folders on the card and writes all manner of spurious files that are only of interest to DJI. Therefore when I get back from a flight, I copy off all the material I want and then format the card in the aircraft. This keeps the card free of rubbish files. And yes, testing it on the bench without flying is a good method. While on the bench, it might be worthwhile trying another SD card. The Sandisk Extreme series cards are reliable ones, perhaps a 32 or 64 GB one.
2017-11-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This post might be helpful:  https://phantompilots.com/thread ... to-test-for.117491/
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried the original 16 GB SD  card of the drone? If yes, how is it going? Besides, here is an SD card compatibility list for your reference. 1.png
2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules