Just a study - exciting light in heavy wind
699 8 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

For a better understanding of the pictures below taken this afternoon, I first have to explain a bit the area where I am living. It is very near the river Rhine valley and close to the city of Bonn. The sides of the valley are very different in this part of the river. The right side (East) is a formation of seven low/middle high mountains and the left side (West) is a huge plain with very fertile soil strechtching northwards far beyond Cologne. From the upper plain on the left side of the river which is mainly used for agriculture because of its fertile soil many soft valleys where the villages are located are leading down towards the river Rhine. At sunset time the inhabitants of the villages quite often can witness really special lighting situations. While they are themselves already in the shadow, watching up to the plain they can still see the last rays of sunlight lighting up the plain and the other side of the Rhine valley. Today was also such a day and I have aimed to catch this special moment with my Spark. Unfortunately the weather conditions were not easy. It was extremely windy up on the plain and even started to rain. Spark had trouble keeping its position not far from me. It was a particular challenge for the two panos that you are going to see after the single shot. For the panos Spark had to pause quite a number of times because of the heavy wind for rectifying its position but to my surprise there was no timeout. However you can see some mismatches and unsharp areas in the panos caused by the wind. But I find it astonishing that it worked out nevertheless under the given conditions. And here we go:

DJI_0102-1.jpg
Pano1.jpg
Pano2.jpg
2017-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great pictures.
The last one shows some stichting errors.
Did Spark (Go4) do that one or was it stitched manually?
2017-11-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-19 23:16
Great pictures.
The last one shows some stichting errors.
Did Spark (Go4) do that one or was it stitched manually?

Thank you! I did the stitching with Cyberlink Photo Director. And yes, as mentioned above, I believe the errors were caused by the strong wind, means the pictures did not match correctly. But I could try to repeat the stitching with ICE to see if it makes a difference.
2017-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-20 02:50
Thank you! I did the stitching with Cyberlink Photo Director. And yes, as mentioned above, I believe the errors were caused by the strong wind, means the pictures did not match correctly. But I could try to repeat the stitching with ICE to see if it makes a difference.

From your point of view it should not matter. The parallax is minimum.
At least, that is my theory.
I could of course be very wrong.
I can give it a go with Ps if you share the originals.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I like the first one. Nice shooting. In addition, fly in a better weather next time. Good luck.
2017-11-20
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Love the sky on this one, looks really moody.
2017-11-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

jksphoto Posted at 2017-11-21 06:13
Love the sky on this one, looks really moody.

Thank you all!
2017-11-21
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Nice pictures Wachtberger, Spark did a good job handling the wind
2017-11-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain