Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Gimbal Error
3100 14 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IONraen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42854 ft
Malaysia

I'm a newbie and just bought my spark a month ago, haven't experienced any crash or whatsoever, firmware is updated ( go app etc.) always checking everything before I fly (reading a lot here)

I don't have any problems with it for the past weeks but when I tried it flying the other day and shoot some videos, it just showed the gimbal error. I landed and restarted the aircraft and it worked fine, but after a few seconds while flying, the error displayed again. Restarted, fly and error.

Last night I tried flying it and after a few seconds, gimbal error. Restarted, worked fine, shoot some videos and landed. I replaced the battery, hovered for a few minutes, error showed again. I restarted and it worked fine.

Any explanation with these? I will try to fly it later and check if the error will show again.

Thanks!
2017-11-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Check if there is anything in/between the gimbal parts, maybe
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please try to flash the firmware. If the problem still remains, I would recommend you send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-11-19
Use props
IONraen
lvl.2
Malaysia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-19 22:04
Check if there is anything in/between the gimbal parts, maybe

I didn't put anything.
2017-11-19
Use props
IONraen
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-19 22:24
Please try to flash the firmware. If the problem still remains, I would recommend you send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support.

I'll try it later.

Thank you!
2017-11-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

IONraen Posted at 2017-11-19 22:55
I didn't put anything.

I anyway start to think, that there is maybe a software problem with the gimbal on some sparks.
I experienced today again some "timeouts" in Pano mode, when the Gimbal is trying to take the "top" picture in +° position of the gimbal.
I think I need to check on both sparks, that the horizont is at the same angle.
But your error , is it "gimbal overload"?
Or what is the app telling?
2017-11-20
Use props
IONraen
lvl.2
Malaysia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 08:49
I anyway start to think, that there is maybe a software problem with the gimbal on some sparks.
I experienced today again some "timeouts" in Pano mode, when the Gimbal is trying to take the "top" picture in +° position of the gimbal.
I think I need to check on both sparks, that the horizont is at the same angle.

Its gimbal overload..

Funny..  I tried it last night, didn't flash the firmware as what Elektra told me to. Want to fly it first if the error will show up again, did everything, pano (sphere, horizontal....) burst, took some videos, put in sport mode etc. Finished two batteries and it's working fine!..

Hoping I will not get this error message when I go for vacation next week..
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

The overload message ist mostly happening, in case the gimbal can't move free.
In case you switch the spark on, in gras maybe, which is touching the gimbal.
In case it happens next time, or maybe to check on this, look if it has to do with the position of the gimbal
Is it happening in sport and full forward, maybe? (Gimbal in +40isd ° angle)
Or in case you try to tripod and  rise the gimbal angle?
It may be a different problem/error message but can be related, methinks.
2017-11-20
Use props
IONraen
lvl.2
Malaysia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 16:27
The overload message ist mostly happening, in case the gimbal can't move free.
In case you switch the spark on, in gras maybe, which is touching the gimbal.
In case it happens next time, or maybe to check on this, look if it has to do with the position of the gimbal

First time I experienced that error was when I took off on a grassy area (not touching the gimbal part - as I am always using extenders) and the error showed when I on my 4th-5th minute of flying and recording.

2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

IONraen Posted at 2017-11-20 16:04
Its gimbal overload..

Funny..  I tried it last night, didn't flash the firmware as what Elektra told me to. Want to fly it first if the error will show up again, did everything, pano (sphere, horizontal....) burst, took some videos, put in sport mode etc. Finished two batteries and it's working fine!..

In this case, I would recommend you check your gimbal carefully before flight. And clean the foreign object if you find one. Also, please wait for a moment and take off  your drone in the level flat. If the problem appear frequently. Your drone still needs to be sent back and checked by our engineers.  
2017-11-21
Use props
IONraen
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-21 00:10
In this case, I would recommend you check your gimbal carefully before flight. And clean the foreign object if you find one. Also, please wait for a moment and take off  your drone in the level flat. If the problem appear frequently. Your drone still needs to be sent back and checked by our engineers.

Thank you..

I hope I will not see that message anymore.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

IONraen Posted at 2017-11-21 02:15
Thank you..

I hope I will not see that message anymore.

I think so. Good luck.
2017-11-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

IONraen Posted at 2017-11-20 22:37
First time I experienced that error was when I took off on a grassy area (not touching the gimbal part - as I am always using extenders) and the error showed when I on my 4th-5th minute of flying and recording.

Today, on my last tests before sending it in (not that I am maybe not be able to adjust the  gimbal ;-),
I had first time the Gimbal overloaded IN THE AIR!
Again a couple of "timeouts" and NO reaction of the Gimbal neither to the wheel, nor to the function button
It started a bit later again to respond on up/down requests .
Has, in my eyes, to do with the upper position of the gimbal
I was flying in sport, so the spark needed to adjust the gimbal to + angle for a horizontal picture
I am actually not even sure, that the gimbal is showing a horizontal picture.
I am missing the usual mountain in this sky pic!
4716.jpg
2017-11-22
Use props
IONraen
lvl.2
Malaysia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-22 04:11
Today, on my last tests before sending it in (not that I am maybe not be able to adjust the  gimbal ;-),
I had first time the Gimbal overloaded IN THE AIR!
Again a couple of "timeouts" and NO reaction of the Gimbal neither to the wheel, nor to the function button

Do you still have the problem after that?
2017-11-22
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

IONraen Posted at 2017-11-22 16:15
Do you still have the problem after that?

Nope, after it started to respond again, it did what it had to do.
But it may  get worse in time?
And I myself can also not find, see, feel something in the mechanic of the gimbal, moving it at "off" from hand.
But I did set the horizontal position down 2.5°, yesterday.
Which in my understanding is changing the usually highest gimbal position, in flight and in picture modes, too.
And now I had the first time the gimbal motor overload during a sport mode flight, which happens to be in windy condition.
I am not really thinking of a coincidence here.
The one time before, where it was shaking the gimbal during all the descent, I know for sure that it started after I tried in trypod the highest possible position.
And the shaking stopped during flying backwards (moving the nose up in the sky, gimbal angel changed downwards) and after I positioned the cam totally down.
My math is seeing there some combination with the upper position of the gimbal.
We/I will have to wait and see.

Because it looks like DJI is not offering the quick "send in service" for Thailand.
And my dealers send in service is "a bit time consuming".

2017-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules