Terrain and Follow Limitations?
1070 3 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3DTOPO
lvl.1
United States

Greetings,

I just purchased the DJI Mavic Pro, but I cancelled the order after reading this page:

mavicpilots.com/threads/detailed-description-of-mavic-flight-modes.11029/

It states that Follow Me Mode only works when the Mavic is at least 10 meters or higher - that is a no go for me.

It also states that Terrain Follow Mode only works going uphill? Most of the shots that I had in mind for it are about eye level, downhill mountain biking and snowboarding.

Can anyone confirm, or is it possible?

I am generally by myself, so I don't have the option of someone pioloting the Mavic for type of shots I was going to purchase it for.

Thanks!
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

In Follow Me Mode, the recommended altitude is 10 meters or more. As for the Terrain Follow Mode, the drone will not descend in downward slopes. More details, please check the User Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171012/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.8.pdf
Terrain Follow Mode.png
2017-11-20
Use props
3DTOPO
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 04:33
In Follow Me Mode, the recommended altitude is 10 meters or more. As for the Terrain Follow Mode, the drone will not descend in downward slopes. More details, please check the User Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171012/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.8.pdf

What an incredible limitation! Watching people peddle up hill is pretty boring - its coming down the mountain that is exciting. Not to mention - impossible to snow board up the mountain!

I have to say, I think the marketing is misleading - and I am very lucky I found this out and was able to cancel my order. There should at least be a mention when showing off the terrain follow that it only works going up, and there should at least be a mention that follow mode under 10 meters isn't recommended. Misleading at best, and false advertising at worst.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

3DTOPO Posted at 2017-11-20 17:06
What an incredible limitation! Watching people peddle up hill is pretty boring - its coming down the mountain that is exciting. Not to mention - impossible to snow board up the mountain!

I have to say, I think the marketing is misleading - and I am very lucky I found this out and was able to cancel my order. There should at least be a mention when showing off the terrain follow that it only works going up, and there should at least be a mention that follow mode under 10 meters isn't recommended. Misleading at best, and false advertising at worst.

Flight safety is the top priority. It's hard to ensure the safety when the flying environment is complocated, and I would prefer to fly manually.
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules