4374 15 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Hi Guys,
Saw the update of compatibility list for Go App. It seems that DJI now confirm Go App 's compatibility with Note 8. Has anyone have any more issue with using note 8 on Go app?

Note 8 has 1240 nits screen brightness which is comparable with CS screen. Its advantage over CS is that it has a mighty processor and platform for all flight program eg litch, pix4d, etc.
Capture.JPG
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Yes, Galaxy Note 8 is in our compatible list, you must be very familiar with this model.
2017-11-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

just bought one for Xmas present. Yeah, it would be nice to use it with 1240 nits high resolution screen.
2017-11-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DTK Posted at 2017-11-25 03:46
just bought one for Xmas present. Yeah, it would be nice to use it with 1240 nits high resolution screen.

Bought one,
For Xmas present,
For me?
Oooh mate! You shouldn't have, thank you soo much!   You're the greatest!
2017-11-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

You are welcome, Mark.The truth, it is a Xmas present for me. No one is sending any presents.
Since someone needs to test it out, I am here at your service. Will report back whether it is worth it.
2017-11-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Inspire One Pro
AC ver  1.10.01.40
FC ver  1.7.6
Go App ver 3.1.5
Mobile dev Note 8 (android 7.1.1)

First time connecting the RC with AC, Go App shows correct equipment, ie Inspire 1 pro. However, when the app is full opened, it does not have any flight telemetry and shows up buttons and display for an Osmo. It is fully functional as an Osmo. RC hardware controls are never the less functional, like moving gimbal, starting up the motors. It is kind of funny. Before using  Note 8, I somehow lose the peak focusing function. But when connected with Note 8, I regain that function.

What interesting is when it follows with connecting my original android tablet, android 6.0 and Go app 3.1.5. It has everything working correctly as before. All flight telemetry is there. I then switch it back with Note 8, now magic happens. All flight telemetry is back to normal with bonus peak focusing. No crashing happens so far. Mind you, I have not put it in flight yet. Note 8 screen is amazing and I am using 2k resolution and maximum brightness at 1240 nits. Will report again once I put it in action. It is getting dark now. I will not risk it until I am sure that Go App does not crash mid flight though.
2017-11-27
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Note 8 is working fine no crashing and does everything correctly. The screen is very visible even under direct sunlight given 1240 nits. The resolution is also very sharp since that ppi is the highest among all android device. Highly recommended.

AC ver 1.10.01.40
RC Ver 1.7.60
ap ver 3.1.23
2017-12-2
Use props
392Hemi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612241 ft
United States

Everything working fine for me but one thing.  When you try and change from 4k to another resolution in H.265 The app will crash.
2017-12-2
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I have tried all different resolution under PAL format as I reside in Australia. No issue there at all. Are you using WQHD display resolution, highest of all? I am using that resolution. It seems now that Android display is the king for DJI screen. CS and Note 8 are the only choice for outdoor flying in bright sunlight. Apple display will be a few generation behind given that they don't have any display technology and is supplied by Samsung.
2017-12-2
Use props
392Hemi
lvl.2
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-12-2 23:36
I have tried all different resolution under PAL format as I reside in Australia. No issue there at all. Are you using WQHD display resolution, highest of all? I am using that resolution. It seems now that Android display is the king for DJI screen. CS and Note 8 are the only choice for outdoor flying in bright sunlight. Apple display will be a few generation behind given that they don't have any display technology and is supplied by Samsung.

Yes I am I didn't think of that  i'll try and change to the lower resolution on the phone.
2017-12-3
Use props
392Hemi
lvl.2
United States

Still not working just checked. Maybe someone dji can comment.
2017-12-3
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Today I was flying in my usual spot with Note 8 and this is the first time I really appreciate the FPV images transmitted to Note 8 while in flight. It is bloody beautiful and now I think I am confident to locate that buoy. That buoy that i could not see while in flight using other displays. ie ASUS 10" zenpad, Moto Zplay and LG G4. Awesome display, well done Samsung.
2017-12-29
Use props
AKLD Rob
New
Flight distance : 7 ft

I have a Phantom 3 Po, Mote 8 and the note 8 wont show a picture a picture. The GO app works everything fine, show icons onscreen, just nothing from the lens. Latest DJI Go App installed. Trouble started after hardware update. DJI replaced USB board but still wont work. Help...
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_UlUpt24KJaJ0
lvl.1

I just recently had a problem with my note 8. It worked for 6 months and out of nowhere it doesn't work and customer service said my phone isn't compatible.how is it not when it worked for 6 months
2018-6-13
Use props
djiuser_vjP7lPd5Fhqz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300568 ft
Indonesia

djiuser_UlUpt24KJaJ0 Posted at 2018-6-13 14:41
I just recently had a problem with my note 8. It worked for 6 months and out of nowhere it doesn't work and customer service said my phone isn't compatible.how is it not when it worked for 6 months

yesterday my note 8 stopped working are it was fine for 4 months as well. any work arounds?
2018-6-14
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10190 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, are the issues with the note 8 now sorted as I'm about to buy one for my Inspire Pro to replace my not so bright iPad mini 4 which is cr@p in bright sunlight.  
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules