Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic won't fly towards sunrise
675 5 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fly_siet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 627946 ft
United States

Hi all. I'm currently working on a video project that will contain a few clips of sun rises. What I need is for the drone to fly towards the sunrise at a consistent speed of 15 mph for about 17 minutes. The idea is that I'm going to playback the video at 400% speed, so any interruptions of the drone's speed or direction will ruin the whole shot. The "Tap to Fly" feature has been great for doing time lapse while flying long distances but it keeps on freaking out whenever I want it to fly towards the sun. The "Obstacle Avoidance" system keeps on stopping the drone and altering it's speed. I disabled OA but "Tap to Fly" automatically turns it back on. Even in normal mode with OA turned off it will still slow the speed down. The only way I can make it fly towards direct sunlight without OA interrupting is in Sport Mode, but it's difficult to manually fly smoothly and consistently at 15 mph. By the way, I'm flying 400ft and there's absolutely NOTHING for the drone to hit up there. So my question is...
Is there a way to have the Mavic fly automatically in one direction at a consistent speed without "Obstacle Avoidance"?
2017-11-19
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not use waypoints to set up the path/direction of travel?
2017-11-20
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just shut off obstacle avoidance in settings no?
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It should work to disable OA when using the TapFly. You sure that you had disabled the OA system, right?
And you can also try to use Waypoint Mission like 2# mentioned.
2017-11-20
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Set Tap Fly first - then go in and disable OA.
2017-11-20
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Not sure at all but what about fixed wing mode in sports mode, it will surely lock the speed at 15mph
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules