Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A "temporary" solution to the iOS / DJI Go4 problem..
1250 6 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Waynomac79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167559 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone.

Like many of you on here, I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my Mavic to connect to my phone after upgrading to iOS 11.1.2 with absolutely no success. I've tried everything - deleting, re-installing, connecting via lightening cable etc. nothing worked.

Then this morning after reading another thread on here about downgrading my iOS first, I gave it a try.

Not really being that tech savvy, I took to YouTube for help and found this video on how to do it -

Below the video is a link to a page where you can download previous versions of iOS - https://ipsw.me. I chose 11.1.1 (15B93)

After following the instructions, VERY CAREFULLY I might add, it has WORKED !!! I am now connected to my Mavic and am back flying again!!

So maybe this could work for you until DJI sort it out for themselves and we can all upgrade to the latest versions etc. and all be on the same software.

So to recap -

I was on iPhone X using iOS 11.1.2 (went down to 11.1.1 (15B93)
DJI Go 4 Version 4.1.18
Connected through the lightning cable on the controller (not the Apple lightning cable)
Booted the controller first, then the drone, then the app

I hope it works for you guys too!

2017-11-20
Use props
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

had problems connecting my ipad (latest version) to my mavic pro until recently released dji go app. Its all working now.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for sharing it, hope it helps others who have the connecting problem with their iOS device. It should work when the new app released, but if the connecting problem still exists when users update the app and the iOS system to the latest version, please let me know, thanks in advance.
2017-11-20
Use props
Waynomac79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167559 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-20 20:22
Thank you for sharing it, hope it helps others who have the connecting problem with their iOS device. It should work when the new app released, but if the connecting problem still exists when users update the app and the iOS system to the latest version, please let me know, thanks in advance.

Just a quick update. This from 9to5Mac -

"Apple, as it usually does following the release of new versions of iOS, has stopped signing iOS 10.3.3 and iOS 11. The company originally released iOS 11 last month and has since pushed two iterative bug fix updates to users.

Now that Apple has stopped signing iOS 10.3.3, it’s seemingly impossible for users to return to pre-iOS 11 firmware. This means that if you’re currently on an earlier version of iOS and wish to stay there, be sure you don’t accidentally update as there’s no way to downgrade"

So DJI really need to get a move on and update the app so it will work with iOS 11. This is becoming ridiculous now...
2017-12-6
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The combination of IOS 11.2 and DjiGo 4 version 4.1.18 on the ipad seem to be working perfectly
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Waynomac79 Posted at 2017-12-6 06:52
Just a quick update. This from 9to5Mac -

Hi sir, our engineers have been working on it, and I do hear the positive feedback on it with the new app and new iOS v11.2. If any users have any issues on with the app, please feel free to contact me, I would love to help. Thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
brads mav
lvl.1
Australia

well I just went on an overseas holiday where I really needed the drone and of course found the issue over there!! not much fun if can't use it properly... home now and it still blanks out of the app.  same with my wife phone. can't even do the firmware update cause it blanks out straight away. talk about not happy.
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules