Most ridiculous phone conversation with any support anywhere ever
597 4 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andyhdji
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just spent 29 minutes talking to DJI support in Netherlands. I have had email problems recently and have just received a second payment reminder for a Remote Control I sent in. I have been asked for Euro170 for repair. Due to email problems I cannot see any previous emails from DJI describing the problem found with the RC. I tried the online Repair History and just get a less than useful timeline saying Case Accepted, Received, Damage Assessed and I am currently at Quoted. Absolutely no further information.

I called support and explained due to email problems I cannot find any previous information explaining the problem with the RC and what the repair will be for. The woman could not give me any details and simply told me I would have to reply to the email. I explained I have no email to reply to. She then said I would have to reply to the email the repair centre are going to send to me.

Me: Why are they going to send me an email?
DJI: For an update.
Me: Why would they suddenly send me an update? I only have about 6 days of the 30 days repair left.
DJI: When you pay for the repair.
Me: I need to know what the problem was and what the repair will be BEFORE I pay for it. How can I find out what the problem is?
DJI: You need to reply to the email.
Me: I have no access to the email.
DJI: You have to reply to the email they are going to send you.
Me: Why are they going to send me an email?
DJI: They will send an email for the update.
Me: I am not expecting an update in the next 6 days.
DJI: When they have done the repair.
Me: I need to know what I am paying Euro170 before I pay.
DJI: You need to reply to the email.

Can you see a circle here? We went round this about 6 or 7 times and she asked me to hold every now and again and there was a great deal of her saying 'as I said before...' and a great deal of me saying 'as I said before...'.

I finally got so fed up with this I asked very calmly if there was a person in DJI who has seen my RC, has the case number and has assessed the problem. She agreed there was. Could I speak to him/her or someone in their department? Can I send them an email? Apparently that's not possible. I said surely someone somewhere must be able to look up my case number and tell me what the problem is. Yes, they will have sent you an email. Can you ask them to resend me the email. No she cannot do that.

At this point I asked to speak to someone who could help further, a supervisor or team manager. She told me she could not transfer the call. I asked, again, if I could speak to someone who could tell me what the fault was. She said I could call back again before 6pm.

A lot of people have a lot of problems with support but this is the mast ridiculous situation I have ever been involved in with any company, even British Telecom in India!

2017-11-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You can get a lot better answers on the forum from the mods.  Just post your case # .
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Andy, that must have been frustrating for you, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support. We will transfer this situation to our management to improve our customer service.
I fail to get the case number via your Forum account? Could you please post the case number here? Thus we could check more details about your case for better support, thank you.
2017-11-20
Use props
andyhdji
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-20 20:14
Andy, that must have been frustrating for you, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support. We will transfer this situation to our management to improve our customer service.
I fail to get the case number via your Forum account? Could you please post the case number here? Thus we could check more details about your case for better support, thank you.

Hi, Thanks for the response, the case number is CAS-1136433-Z4N9H7. Andy
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

andyhdji Posted at 2017-11-21 00:16
Hi, Thanks for the response, the case number is CAS-1136433-Z4N9H7. Andy

Thanks for the update, per the case, the main board of RC should be replaced and the price is €140.5 and VAT is €29. Since your RC has been out of warranty, you need to pay for repair.
Here is the screenshot of the invoice: invoice.png invoice1.png
Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules