Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poor transmission quality between drone and smart phone
685 4 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans448657fc
New
Flight distance : 2333 ft
United States

Hi, i was flying in windy conditions this past weekend and expierenced very poor video transmission between my ac and phone. I usually don't have this problem and was wondering if the wind had anything to do with it?
2017-11-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Technically speaking, there is no transmission between the aircraft and your phone. The aircraft has a communication channel between itself and the RC controller. The phone then connects by cable to the RC unit, except if it is a Phantom 3 Standard, when the connection is by WiFi. And wind has no effect on it at all.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Geebax is correct. Change to another location or another recommended mobile device is helpful to verify.
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa38c5223
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412349 ft
  • >>>
United States

On my P3P, I used an Ipad mini 2, on 2.4ghz, and it was rock solid for very long distances.  Bought the P4P, and the iPad mini 2 is practically useless. I get choppy, green screen on live feed consistently. I tried, re-linking RC, turning off background refresh and Bluetooth on ipad, delete/reinstall app, turning off video cache...nothing works. Same result whether I'm 50ft or 500ft away. If you look at the available channels they are mostly red, and this is out in the middle of nowhere. If I choose 5.8ghz, it becomes usable, but still plenty of dropout on the live feed.

If I use my iPhone 7 Plus or my wife's iPhone 8 Plus, I get great live feed with the same settings as the Mini2. Since I want a little bigger screen, I bought a Mini 4 yesterday, and will give that a try. The DJI Go app is the only app installed on the Mini 4 besides the standard IOS apps. But I have heard of success using the Mini 4. To me so far, it makes a great difference in which device I use, with the same settings for each.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans448657fc
New
Flight distance : 2333 ft
United States

fansa38c5223 Posted at 2017-11-21 00:46
On my P3P, I used an Ipad mini 2, on 2.4ghz, and it was rock solid for very long distances.  Bought the P4P, and the iPad mini 2 is practically useless. I get choppy, green screen on live feed consistently. I tried, re-linking RC, turning off background refresh and Bluetooth on ipad, delete/reinstall app, turning off video cache...nothing works. Same result whether I'm 50ft or 500ft away. If you look at the available channels they are mostly red, and this is out in the middle of nowhere. If I choose 5.8ghz, it becomes usable, but still plenty of dropout on the live feed.

If I use my iPhone 7 Plus or my wife's iPhone 8 Plus, I get great live feed with the same settings as the Mini2. Since I want a little bigger screen, I bought a Mini 4 yesterday, and will give that a try. The DJI Go app is the only app installed on the Mini 4 besides the standard IOS apps. But I have heard of success using the Mini 4. To me so far, it makes a great difference in which device I use, with the same settings for each.

Thanks, let me know how you make out with that.
2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules