Gimble on my P4P will not tilt up and down
537 5 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fredrey85
New
United States

So a about a month ago my drone shut off mid flight and came crashing 50ft to the ground during a real estate shoot. There was a few cracks and I think the major damage was that the gimble completely broke off. I had only had it since July and I don’t fly it a whole lot unless I’m using it for work. It’s strange that for such an expensive, technologically advanced drone, that it would do something like that. So since it is still under warranty I sent it in and had it repaired for free, awesome! Right? Well no, because after I got it back I flew it 2 times without a problem and on the third time my gimble will not tilt up or down. After doing a calibration it shows nothing is wrong. I’ve looked on forums and have tried everything I’ve read that others have done to fix a similar issue. When I touch the gimble it makes a lot of noise and it smells like an electrical burn. Sure I could send it back, lose out on money from turned down jobs while it gets repaired, but what happens when I get it back and something else is malfunctioning or broken? I’ve had about enough of this drone. I know when I call DJI they’re going to tell me to send it in but will it actually get fixed? Do I get assurances? Was money well spent or should sell it and get a drone from another company? I’m extremely frustrated and I really need some help on what to do here.
2017-11-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Was it the same one that was sent to repair?
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

After the unit arrived, the local engineers will do damage assessment to check the exact status. Please kindly offer your case number once you got it, we'll keep follow up the status.
2017-11-20
Use props
Fredrey85
New
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-20 12:29
Was it the same one that was sent to repair?

If you mean the same drone, I don't believe so since S/N of the one I bought is different.
2017-11-21
Use props
Fredrey85
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 23:57
After the unit arrived, the local engineers will do damage assessment to check the exact status. Please kindly offer your case number once you got it, we'll keep follow up the status.

1ZE80E409094928934
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! Per the tracking number, the drone is on the way. The local team will take care of it. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules