Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
firmware update
1093 12 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonboy1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 528097 ft
United Kingdom

hi all
i get mixed opinions on upgrading firmware.
I have a brand new phantom 4 pro used 6 or so times.  Havnt updated it yet as some people have told me not to as it may restrict my flying more with updates.

What do you wise people think?

2017-11-20
Use props
Cinefilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

DO NOT UPDATE!!!!!!
2017-11-20
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I just purchased my Phantom 4 pro and before I even flew it I updated, so far its flown as smooth as silk, no issues at all, Using a 9.7" ipad pro
2017-11-20
Use props
fanscd441cd9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2110 ft
United Kingdom

Don't do it, you will be restricted.
2017-11-20
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

fanscd441cd9 Posted at 2017-11-20 10:29
Don't do it, you will be restricted.

I replied to your other thread, all you have to do is log out of the go app and log back in, you only need to do this once after an update.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You can get rid of the restriction by logging in your DJI Account. Feel free to contact us if you meet any issue in the latest firmware.
2017-11-20
Use props
luxcozzi
New
Flight distance : 17306 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 23:21
You can get rid of the restriction by logging in your DJI Account. Feel free to contact us if you meet any issue in the latest firmware.

Thank you for your answer, but that is exactly where the ambiguity of the message we receive. It states that we are restricted if we don't log in to our account, but it does not state if that is necessary every time we use the app, or if we disable the restrictions once online. Here is the problem: we work with P4P in remote areas where we don't have cell signal. In those areas it would be impossible for us to log in, and if that means that we are restricted, it would also mean that we are unable to do the job we use the P4P for. A clarification would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
2017-11-23
Use props
luxcozzi
New
Flight distance : 17306 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 23:21

Thank you for your answer, but that is exactly where the ambiguity of the message we receive. It states that we are restricted if we don't log in to our account, but it does not state if that is necessary every time we use the app, or if we disable the restrictions once online. Here is the problem: we work with P4P in remote areas where we don't have cell signal. In those areas it would be impossible for us to log in, and if that means that we are restricted, it would also mean that we are unable to do the job we use the P4P for. A clarification would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
... Sorry for the double post. Still getting used to the forum.
2017-11-23
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

luxcozzi Posted at 2017-11-23 01:00

I'd say listen to those warning you to upgrade if you're satisfied with things as is. Maybe all get's well, maybe you'll have all kind of strange issues.

Regarding the login, you need to login when on a network, then you'll be out of restrictions until you by mistake or unknown reasons the things don't see you as logged in anymore.
2017-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

luxcozzi Posted at 2017-11-23 01:01

There is no problem updating, before all updates we have so many here complaining that there are no updates, after updates same people complaining about the updates it can be mind boggling, updates are there to improve your flying satisfaction most will update and are flying happily.

Just check if you update can you roll back the update if there is something your not happy with, I am fully up to date with F/W and everything is fine for me, there is no reason why yours will be any different.

Yes there may be problems for some and some stuff missing and some extra stuff , but if you continue to listen to the naysayers you will be selling your P4Pro and reverting back to a phantom 2.
2017-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is no problem updating, before all updates we have so many here complaining that there are no updates, after updates same people complaining about the updates it can be mind boggling, updates are there to improve your flying satisfaction most will update and are flying happily.

Just check if you update can you roll back the update if there is something your not happy with, I am fully up to date with F/W and everything is fine for me, there is no reason why yours will be any different.

Yes there may be problems for some and some stuff missing and some extra stuff , but if you continue to listen to the naysayers you will be selling your P4Pro and reverting back to a phantom 2.
2017-11-23
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I agree with hallmark007, update it to the latest firmware to improve your flying satisfaction
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

luxcozzi Posted at 2017-11-23 01:01

Login your DJI account when you can access the internet, keep the status and do not log out manually. Then you can still fly even when there is no internet. For the flight in remote areas, a fully pre-flight checklist is recommended in advance.
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules