DJI Go 4 thinks P4 is inspire
816 4 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Uys8m5Q
New

United Kingdom

Hi all. Just picked up a second hand P4. When first connected it to my phone it came up saying the firmware needed updating.

It got interrupted whilst updating the RC (GL300C). Now the controller doesnt turn on the same, and DJI Go 4 thinks its an Inspire and goes straight to a screen saying to download DJI Go.

I did download DJI Go and tries to roll back the firmware to previous version but with it being new to my phone, there wasnt any previously stored firmware.

How do i solve this? Is it possible to manually get back to previous firmware?

Have searched for similar peoblems btw, and tried all the button combinations to reset controller etc etc.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

What's the color of the status indicator in RC? Have you tried to re-install DJI GO 4 and check again?
2017-11-20
Use props
fans56ac8d90
New
Flight distance : 271247 ft

United States

Any luck with this? Same thing happened to me. I've tried every combination of controls as well as spoke to DJI support which was not very helpful as to what to do next or how to go about having the remote serviced.  Any help would be appreciated! I tired re-installing the app on both my ipad and android to no avail.
2017-12-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can roll-back the firmware on your controller by using a hidden feature of GO 4.

Leave the P4 turned off, turn on the controller, then start the GO 4 app on your connected device (which has access to internet). When you get to the Device screen, there is a selectable icon in the top right corner - 3 lines. Press it for >5 secs then release. You should then be given a list of firmware versions you can roll it back to. Pick one.

After successful installation you'll need to reboot the controller. You may be asked to update back to the latest at that point.
2017-12-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What I did the last time this happened is swipe left or right on the Inspire photo and there was my P3P pretty as can be
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules