Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to tell if I have a grey import UK
1524 13 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STurtle
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hey everyone,
I have just purchesed a Phantom 4 Pro + from eBay.
It's brand new, in the sealed box. It was a unwanted present. The person selling lives next to an airport so can't use it anywhere local.

I am a professional videographer, so I want to get a drone licence so I can use it for my business, but I have recently read if it's a grey import I can't get my license with it.. is this true??

How can I tell if it's a grey import when I get it?

Thanks

Ed
2017-11-20
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I would pm one of the mods with the serial number.
2017-11-20
Use props
fans589cba4b
First Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

sounds like nonsense. you could build your own drone and register it and use it commercially.
2017-11-20
Use props
STurtle
lvl.1
United Kingdom

AlanHd Posted at 2017-11-20 11:53
I would pm one of the mods with the serial number.

Thanks, I'm new to this.. how do I find a mod?
2017-11-20
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Here is a link to DJI Susan profile, she’s pretty active on here and very helpful https://forum.dji.com/home.php?m ... 372a8cda6dcbb483c86
2017-11-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Look at the serial number sticker on the box. Mine in Australia had the serial number followed by a "(AUS)". Also, any indication as to what type of plug is included on the battery charger without opening the box?
But, again, a DJI support person on here may be able to advise from the serial number.
2017-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If it has a CE mark on it it’s European .
2017-11-20
Use props
STurtle
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone ☺️
2017-11-20
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

As far as I know, they are all the same, except that the warrantee doesn't work in the wrong country.
Any differences in regulations such as transmitting power auto adjust to the country you are flying in at the time.

2017-11-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-11-20 15:50
As far as I know, they are all the same, except that the warrantee doesn't work in the wrong country.
Any differences in regulations such as transmitting power auto adjust to the country you are flying in at the time.

It puzzles me that the UK authorities are even going to know about where the OP bought the aircraft, much less care about it?
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ed, please PM me the aircraft serial number, I'll help you check the exact status.
2017-11-20
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-20 21:59
It puzzles me that the UK authorities are even going to know about where the OP bought the aircraft, much less care about it?

I would be very surprised if they have any interest, and your registration is for the pilot anyway, not for any aircraft used during your exam.  Possibly they would be interested if the aircraft weighs over 25Kg since then it would need an airworthiness certificate, but even then it's origin doesn't have any impact on it's airworthiness.
2017-11-21
Use props
B1ade
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 22:38
Ed, please PM me the aircraft serial number, I'll help you check the exact status.

Hi I'd like to check my drone too but i'm not getting any reply to my pm's ?
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

B1ade Posted at 2018-9-14 11:09
Hi I'd like to check my drone too but i'm not getting any reply to my pm's ?

Sorry for the late response. The PM does not work well sometimes, if you need one's attention, please kindly click the reply button under one's message so that he/she can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks for your cooperation.
2018-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules