Mavic pro PolarPro ND-filters
1265 5 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mato Jakabovič
New

Slovakia

Hey guys,

recently I bought Mavic pro and now I'd like to buy PolarPro filters. I prefer the shutter collection 3-pack (gold filters) but there is also Filter Professional 6-pack (black filters). What are the basic diffrent between these packs? I couldn't find.

Thanks.
2017-11-20
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

The PL polarized is useful if you shoot anywhere near water as polarized cuts the glare from the water, I have the Shutter collec d so far happy with it, DJI also came up with new set of ND filters, might be worth to checkout and cheaper than polarpro

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set-new
2017-11-20
Use props
Mato Jakabovič
New

Slovakia

Thunderbirds Posted at 2017-11-20 12:30
The PL polarized is useful if you shoot anywhere near water as polarized cuts the glare from the water, I have the Shutter collec d so far happy with it, DJI also came up with new set of ND filters, might be worth to checkout and cheaper than polarpro

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set-new

Yeah I've seen these new ND filter but there are no reviews yet.
2017-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The black professional line uses cheaper optics than the gold cinema line - these prevent sun flare more effectively and be careful with the black ones as the initial batch prevented the gimbal from calibrating on start up - they are also heavier I believe and this may impact on the long term stability of the gimbal motors. Whilst more expensive I would recommend the cinema series if going with polar pro or look at other options - including DJI.
2017-11-20
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

Mato Jakabovič Posted at 2017-11-20 12:32
Yeah I've seen these new ND filter but there are no reviews yet.

Youtube buddy, there is bunch of reviews
2017-11-20
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

We'd be happy to provide some more insight here.  The main difference between the Cinema Series (bronze) filters and the Professional Series (black) filters for the Mavic is, as another user mentioned, the quality of the optical glass.  The Cinema Series glass is a higher quality material, and additionally offers multiple layers of anti-reflective coatings to help with glare and lens flare reduction (as compared to one layer on the Professional filters).  Overall, there is a boost to image quality with the Cinema Series filters, compared to the other filters we make.  

Also, as a quick aside to address the weight concern that was voiced - while some of the Cinema Series filters can be heavier than the Professional models, the difference in weight will have no effect on the stability gimbal motors.  The gimbal is designed to stand up to high wind speeds and the hard turns the drone is capable of in Sport Mode, either of which will put significantly more stress on the motors than the weight of the filter ever will.

Either type of filter will provide excellent results, and our support team is here to help out should you have any questions or concerns.  Hope this helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules