3699 14 2017-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hi all !

I think that this option will soon be available on a DJI Spark. Shure hope so.

Inspire has it, Mavic has it, so why it is not on a Spark?

I have problems with making a "perfect circle" around an object (eg. House), I make "perfect" shot for a 5-6 seconds then I drop out because that left-right stick is so sensitive, in mode 2(pan-yaw).

There is a setting in DJI GO4 app but it slows down averything not just YAW-PAN.

Filmakers&Videographers?

Thank you!
2017-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is a lot NOT available in Spark software that is in Mavic / P4P etc.
So I can see why you want it and will help you hoping.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Micato, your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-11-20
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

here is what you are looking for:
Max YAW Angular

2018-9-2
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

I've tried this. So far I have noticed that while it does change the max angular velocity and even playing around with EPA, I find that when I do very very small Yaw stick movement, I still can't get it as consistent. I have even tried reducing the Yaw gain as I'm guessing the gyro gain was preventing the AC from yawing as freely. But still no luck. Hey but atleast the ratio of the Pitch/Roll vs Yaw is atleast adjustable. So that's a good thing. Huge thanks to pmshop for the info I read on another thread.

I'm also sure the video latency doesn't help with trying a very precise 360deg orbiting as I can do easier on a tinywhoop. I'd honestly prefer an analog video just to get that framing right.

BTW, how's yawing now for you, Micato?
2018-11-28
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

pmshop Posted at 9-2 12:42
here is what you are looking for:
Max YAW Angular

Where are these settings located?
2018-11-28
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-28 04:10
Where are these settings located?

Must use DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2
2018-11-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

dencio1976 Posted at 11-28 00:55
I've tried this. So far I have noticed that while it does change the max angular velocity and even playing around with EPA, I find that when I do very very small Yaw stick movement, I still can't get it as consistent. I have even tried reducing the Yaw gain as I'm guessing the gyro gain was preventing the AC from yawing as freely. But still no luck. Hey but atleast the ratio of the Pitch/Roll vs Yaw is atleast adjustable. So that's a good thing. Huge thanks to pmshop for the info I read on another thread.

I'm also sure the video latency doesn't help with trying a very precise 360deg orbiting as I can do easier on a tinywhoop. I'd honestly prefer an analog video just to get that framing right.

I guess adjusting expo curve should help. It's basically setting lower sensitivity of sticks near the center and higher near the end.
DJI calls it EXP midpoint. At 0.5 it's linear.... for values < 0.5 curve goes below linear one (less sensitivity around center, more sensitivity around the end, and for values > 0.5 curve goes above linear curve (more sensitivity around the center, less around the end, don't do this!!! ). For Spark, EXP midpoint for a lot of modes and axis is 0.4.... exceptions are full manual mode where it's fully linear (0.5) for all axis and sports mode that has roll at like 0.35 but yaw and pitch at 0.5

2018-11-28
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

pmshop Posted at 11-28 04:36
Must use DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2
https://youtu.be/FOUjg2CrBEc

I anticipated this being your reply.

Not something that you can adjust on the fly while already in the air, sadly.
2018-11-28
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-28 07:10
I anticipated this being your reply.

Not something that you can adjust on the fly while already in the air, sadly.

True
But it can be done.
Just remember, this slows the YAW for Tripod Mode as well.
Just like slowing the gimbal movement in P mode, it is even slower in Tripod Mode.
2018-11-28
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Philippines

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 11-28 06:15
I guess adjusting expo curve should help. It's basically setting lower sensitivity of sticks near the center and higher near the end.
DJI calls it EXP midpoint. At 0.5 it's linear.... for values < 0.5 curve goes below linear one (less sensitivity around center, more sensitivity around the end, and for values > 0.5 curve goes above linear curve (more sensitivity around the center, less around the end, don't do this!!! ). For Spark, EXP midpoint for a lot of modes and axis is 0.4.... exceptions are full manual mode where it's fully linear (0.5) for all axis and sports mode that has roll at like 0.35 but yaw and pitch at 0.5

I've also tried EXP and I would say it isn't the solution to my personal issue with Yawing with the spark.

I was able to do LOS selfie orbit as smoothly as I could. I guess it's the latency/jump of the video feed I really have a problem with. Even orbits are easier done on a full manual "tinywhoop" that doesn't have altitude hold modes or none of those position hold modes.

Here's my selfie orbit test:

2018-12-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

dencio1976 Posted at 12-12 17:58
I've also tried EXP and I would say it isn't the solution to my personal issue with Yawing with the spark.

I was able to do LOS selfie orbit as smoothly as I could. I guess it's the latency/jump of the video feed I really have a problem with. Even orbits are easier done on a full manual "tinywhoop" that doesn't have altitude hold modes or none of those position hold modes.

This is pretty much the best you can get with the Spark I think.

Even when using automated POI that is setup extremely precisely, Spark somewhat struggles to keep subject in a dead center. I guess with digital, we can't get that smooth "flow" as with analog.

My very wild guess is that it's software stabilization for yaw axis what messes things. I had an idea to fix some runcam on top of spark and do precise orbiting to check if I can get something more acro-like but that never came to fruition.

Please note that Spark is too assisted so honestly sometimes it really feels like fighting against that assisted stuff that go between the sticks and an aircraft.

I also have problems with stick springs that are fairly hard to my taste and I guess they also contribute to less precision.

And out of curiousity what are your exp midpoint values? I see you are a pincher so should not be that low as for the thumbers (less precision generally).

2018-12-13
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Philippines

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 12-13 03:09
This is pretty much the best you can get with the Spark I think.

Even when using automated POI that is setup extremely precisely, Spark somewhat struggles to keep subject in a dead center. I guess with digital, we can't get that smooth "flow" as with analog.

I agree. The stabilization messes up the smoothness of the yawing. If only there were pid adjustments for the spark.

I usually do linear. At stock it was 0.4. Then I tried 0.5 and lowered the angular velocity by 20. It didn't help. Like you mentioned, I realized it was the attitude hold or position hold that was really the problem.

So I tried just line of sight and atleast I could compensatr a bit. The gimbal stick was too short and the spring is too stiff for my liking. So it was a little more difficult to hold a smoother orbit.

I am looking to adjust my gimbal stick and I wonder if anyone has tried a stick extender of some sort.
2018-12-13
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Croatia

dencio1976 Posted at 2018-11-28 00:55
I've tried this. So far I have noticed that while it does change the max angular velocity and even playing around with EPA, I find that when I do very very small Yaw stick movement, I still can't get it as consistent. I have even tried reducing the Yaw gain as I'm guessing the gyro gain was preventing the AC from yawing as freely. But still no luck. Hey but atleast the ratio of the Pitch/Roll vs Yaw is atleast adjustable. So that's a good thing. Huge thanks to pmshop for the info I read on another thread.

I'm also sure the video latency doesn't help with trying a very precise 360deg orbiting as I can do easier on a tinywhoop. I'd honestly prefer an analog video just to get that framing right.

I have bought broken Mavic pro for 200$ and I will repair it and sell Spark for 300$. Mavic is a master !
2019-4-15
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Croatia

dencio1976 Posted at 2018-11-28 00:55
I've tried this. So far I have noticed that while it does change the max angular velocity and even playing around with EPA, I find that when I do very very small Yaw stick movement, I still can't get it as consistent. I have even tried reducing the Yaw gain as I'm guessing the gyro gain was preventing the AC from yawing as freely. But still no luck. Hey but atleast the ratio of the Pitch/Roll vs Yaw is atleast adjustable. So that's a good thing. Huge thanks to pmshop for the info I read on another thread.

I'm also sure the video latency doesn't help with trying a very precise 360deg orbiting as I can do easier on a tinywhoop. I'd honestly prefer an analog video just to get that framing right.

I sold the Spark, 2 years ago and bought MP1pro. I loved it for two years but better cameras are here. Now I think MP2 pro VS Mavic Air 2s.  I do not know
2021-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules