[HELP] - Mavic Pro No Longer Usable After FW & App Update
2500 19 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pierakim
New
Australia

Hi everyone,

I bought a Mavic Pro three weeks ago and what an amazing bird! I took the time to read a lot of things about it, how to set it, to calibrate it, to use it the right way..And people from this forum helped a lot! I didn't want to crash it or to miss something from the config.

During those 3 weeks, everything was fine. Flew a lot, never had any issue.

This week end, I decided to update the drone (firmware, RC and battery). I did the update from the app without any issue. It took some time (maybe 40 min, it failed one time during the download).

My current state is:
- Drone: 1.04.0000
- RC: 1.04.0000
- DJI Go App: 4.1.18

After the update, I went to a big park near my place where I usually train to fly, to check the drone and unfortunately I noticed multiple issues:
  • The video feed is very very bad. The two thirds of the screen is black, very pixelated, can't see anything (see photos below). I double checked the transmission signal between RC and Aircraft, everything looks fine,
  • I have an error message when the drone takes off saying "Error code 110: failed to take off, please contact DJI Support", but the drone is taking off without any issue and I can control it without any problem. Just after the warning message, I have another message (green) saying "takeoff successful",
  • I lost the signal between RC and Aircraft randomly.

I tried different things like switching batteries, switching devices...still the same. I also took pictures and videos with the drone and everything is ok on the SD Card.

I use a dedicated Nexus 7 2013 to fly. I'm on Android 6.0.1(Marshmallow). Before installing the app, I've done a factory reset of the tablet. So, the DJI Go app is the only app running on it.

I read a lot of threads about that kind of issue and I'm not sure about what to do or where to start. I'm thinking about:

• Downgrading the app to 4.1.10? I saw on different forum that people have issue with the latest version on DJI Go app,
  • Doing a factory reset using DJI Assistant 2? Will it rollback to the firmware installed on the drone when I bought it? I'm not sure if it will work, lots of people are saying it changes and/or does nothing,
  • Downgrading the firmware to a previous version using DJI Assistant 2? If so, which one? If I do that, do I have to downgrade the RC to the same exact firmware?
  • I’m on the latest (and buggy) 1.04.00000 firmware now, but is there a way to know what was the previous one, before the update? I forgot to note the previous version..

So yeah if some people have some suggestions/ideas/tips/anything for me, it will help a lot...I saved a lot of money to offer myself this drone and now I'm kind of disappointed, not sure if that update was a good idea...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Versions:
https://ibb.co/dR1QyR

Blurry/black video feed screen:
https://ibb.co/cbg3k6
https://ibb.co/hWPdJR

P.

2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the video feed pixelated issue, may I know the mobile device you are using? Please try to reinstall the app and keep the device from being hot when running with DJI GO 4.
For the error message, I will forward it to our engineers to confirm. It would be nice if you could provide me with the screenshot of it.
And about the factory reset, it will only reset the settings to default, won't reset the firmware to the previous version.
If you lost RC signal randomly, please try to relink the RC and AC, and try to adjust the antennas. Please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
2017-11-22
Use props
Furstenburg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63593 ft
Netherlands

this started happening to me this morning too. Exactly the same issue on both my Samsung S5 and Nexus 7 tablet. This happened before I upgraded the firmware and persisted after the upgrade
2017-11-22
Use props
Furstenburg
lvl.1
Ireland

Furstenburg Posted at 2017-11-22 10:03
this started happening to me this morning too. Exactly the same issue on both my Samsung S5 and Nexus 7 tablet. This happened before I upgraded the firmware and persisted after the upgrade

My thread regarding this topic received a reply that worked. It seems to be an issue with the android version of DJI GO 4. Here was the response that solved my issue (for no)

"Any chance you're using an Android phone and DJI GO 4 app got updated to v4.1.18? If yes then downgrade to the previous version, best stable v4.1.10, look in apkmirror. I'm also having the same issue with v4.1.18 (bad video feed, missing offline maps link)."

Appears to be an issue with DJI GO 4 app on android. I rolled back to the named version and it seems to be fine. It'll be a proper test tomorrow though when I have to go back to site for aerial photographs.
2017-11-22
Use props
Furstenburg
lvl.1
Netherlands

Just to confirn it worked fine today after rolling back to v4.1.10
2017-11-23
Use props
Fitschi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77451 ft

Germany

Furstenburg Posted at 2017-11-23 06:14

Same Problem !

Do you downgrade the APP too or just the Firmware of the mavic ?
2017-11-23
Use props
OhadP
New
Israel

same issue with video feed. how do i downgrade?
2017-11-23
Use props
Fitschi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77451 ft

Germany

OhadP Posted at 2017-11-23 07:39
same issue with video feed. how do i downgrade?

Fixed  it with downgrade the App via apkmirror. Great.
Support want to send it all in... no issues.  DJI that is really Bad !
2017-11-23
Use props
pierakim
New
Australia

Hi guys,

I installed DJI assistant 2 v1.1.6 for PC from this link. No problem during the install, a bit weird when you have some warning message with Chinese characters and other things a bit obscure to authorise but ok!
Link between Mavic and PC is OK. I can see my current version, the one before, etc..

I've done a factory reset and it finished without any issue! In 2-3 min, it was very quick. Cool.

I uninstalled DJI Go 4 app v4.1.18 from my Nexus 7 and installed Go app v4.1.10.

And it is a success!
No blurry/black/pixalisated video feed. More responsive.
It is not perfect, at a moment I had 30sec of 'blurry/black/pixalisated' screen, I don't know why, but ok. Much better than before and I didn't have to downgrade the FW.

My opinion is: it is all about the app. To be honest, the factory reset worked, but I didn't see any changes..The video and photo settings were the last one I used, the compass and IMU indicator were good, no calibration needed (but I've heard on other threads that it's normal), no specific messages. Ok! Why not!
Even the warning "Error code 110: failed to take off, please contact DJI Support" disappeared.

I also read on other threads that DJI has general issues with Android. I don't know which one but there are real issues. Depending on the devices, depending on the OS, depending on the OS version...I know it is an hard work (I'm a web dev and I know that it is a HUGE task to deal with Android & IOS, Android & IOS Versions, Android & IOS devices...nobody cares about Windows phones.. ) but come on...DJI is the world leader in the drone industry! Come on..6000 people working in the company! Based on the image in DJI Assistant 2, it looks like they are using Webpack, LoDashJS and maybe React in their code which are very modern and solid technologies and same for the drone communication I guess, so where are the dev and testers! Is it that hard to fix those bugs? At least to report them to customers based on their devices and their app version!

Maybe I can try to update the app to 4.1.15 to progress a bit, but I'm not sure if it is worth it.
Also, I can see a disclaimer for the Fixed Wings mode on my device. So even with Go app v4.1.10 I can use this new mode? I though I had to be on app v4.1.18 to use it..

If you have any suggestion, idea to share about this, please do it.

Another discussion on that issue here on MavicPilots https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -app-update.29089/.

Couple of photos I've done tonight during the test.
Brisbane, 6pm, 100m height. River view, city view https://imgur.com/a/DfqTL

P.
2017-11-25
Use props
Katsumoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56407 ft
Austria

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-22 00:36
For the video feed pixelated issue, may I know the mobile device you are using? Please try to reinstall the app and keep the device from being hot when running with DJI GO 4.
For the error message, I will forward it to our engineers to confirm. It would be nice if you could provide me with the screenshot of it.
And about the factory reset, it will only reset the settings to default, won't reset the firmware to the previous version.

Same issues after upgrading Firmware and APP.....
I use Nvidia Shield K1 Android6, wich works pretty well before the updates...
2017-11-25
Use props
Katsumoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56407 ft
Austria

Allready fixed  it with downgrade the App via apkmirror to v4.1.10.  works.  great.
No more laggy transmission...
DJI that is really really Bad !
2017-11-25
Use props
EdEditz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 418796 ft

Netherlands

I had the same trouble. I deleted the app version 4.1.18 and reinstalled version 4.1.15 and all is well now. Just did a few flights and everything is as it should be only the new pano option is not available but I don't care. Since I have the Mavic I have never used any of the intelligent flight modes except sport mode.
2017-11-25
Use props
EdEditz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 418796 ft

Netherlands

pierakim Posted at 2017-11-25 03:14
Hi guys,

I installed DJI assistant 2 v1.1.6 for PC from this link. No problem during the install, a bit weird when you have some warning message with Chinese characters and other things a bit obscure to authorise but ok!

I've you revert back to version 4.1.15 (as I did myself) you can use fixed wing mode, no problem.
2017-11-25
Use props
djiuser_CDuwYEd
New

United States

SAME!About the Android platform.   I had issues with both my Mavic and Spark with Android on Galaxy Prime J3 and the Grand Prime. The issues were mainly the video feed.  It was distorted and delayed, making it useless.  When connecting my iPad Mini 4, the problems did not exist.
2017-11-25
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

Furstenburg Posted at 2017-11-23 06:14

Hi, thanks for the recommendations.
Give, please, a link to the apk.
Something I will not find in any way this apkmirror
2017-11-25
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

version v4.1.18 - everything is the same.
Why does DJI release untested firmware? They probably have a plan for firmware...?

I cheated on v4.1.15 - everything again is normal.
Search in Google - APK mirror DJI GO4
2017-11-25
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I think some of the devices are just too weak now with all the stuff that DJI is incorporating 4.1.18 runs pretty darn good on my S8 Plus and I just did a 3-mile flight
Screenshot_20171125-141408.png
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, the transmission issue for Android device is now resolved, please try to refresh the app and try again. Thank you for your support.
2017-11-30
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was having video stopping/catch up, pixeling and just video loss issues. When I turned on my DJI
goggles, the video was lost instantly on my iphone 5s, remaining on in the goggles, however RTH was being initiated for the video loss.
I have never had any issue since I switched from Android.
Deleted and reloaded DJIgo4. No issues at this time. Good video on iphone and goggles. Being cautious, not flying far, for now.
Definitely not acting up as the upgraded app did, instantly.
2017-11-30
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneDriver Posted at 2017-11-30 07:41
I was having video stopping/catch up, pixeling and just video loss issues. When I turned on my DJI
goggles, the video was lost instantly on my iphone 5s, remaining on in the goggles, however RTH was being initiated for the video loss.
I have never had any issue since I switched from Android.

Iphone 5S totally rendered useless. Unable to fly on app, at all.  Looks like what I am reading is the shutting down of the ability to use older phones. Great news for Apple, huh?

Contemplating what to do next. Wait for some kind of fix...probably not going to happen. Buy more Apple products to support DJI Mavic...It's really not weighing out, like I'd planned.

Looking at other drones and looking to rid my ties to a Chinese company OR ANY company's "bond" like the one that I find myself in. I am very uncomfortable to find that my relationship with DJI is on THEIR terms, only. This one is loosing me, fast.
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules