1150 13 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Today I tested my brand new Spark in a field with no surrounding houses for about 100-150m, very low to no interference, Remote controller connected to iPhone 6 trough OTG cable, 20 satellites and Spark updated to latest firmware.
Well I started losing the video link after 18-20m altitude and the Spark would RTH shortly after.
I tried moving around the RC antennas but nothing helped.
The strange thing is that horizontally I sent it as far as 50-60m no issues(altitude 4-6m).
What's going on here??

2017-11-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

i could think about a radio link.
Any military in the area?
Or some sat wifi extender crossing that area?

Have you tries a different location?
And, of course, try it without OTG cable.
2017-11-21
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-21 04:43
i could think about a radio link.
Any military in the area?
Or some sat wifi extender crossing that area?

I fly the P4P and Inspire 2 in that area and never have issues...
The signal should be more powerful with the otg cable or am I wrong? I use the otg because I have aCrystalsky and I was planning to buy the bracket mount for CS.I won’t be using wifi to connect to the rc.
No military around...but why the heck it flies far away horizontally but not vertically.Puzzles me.
Will do more tests but in the meanwhile if anyone has hints, please...

2017-11-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-11-21 05:09
The signal should be more powerful with the otg cable or am I wrong? I use the otg because I have aCrystalsky and I was planning to buy the bracket mount for CS.I won’t be using wifi to connect to the rc.
No military around...but why the heck it flies far away horizontally but not vertically.Puzzles me.

P4P and Inspire 2 are not branded as "wifi only" drones, are they?

' I use the otg because I have aCrystalsky and I was planning to buy the bracket mount for CS.I won’t be using wifi to connect to the rc.'

Afaik: DJI wants you NOT to use the cable to connect the CS to the Spark.
And I am not thinking, the OTG gets a bigger range. But the lag for video gets (mostly) down.
Also it gets us, in my understanding, the only save option to switch Bands in flight, out of range and such.
And this puzzles everyone.

So back to my questions:

Have you tried a different location with the Spark?
Only to confirm, that is not the area!
Have you tried wifi to RC?
Only to confirm that it is not the OTG!
(there is a bit OTG connection confusion in the "air" and with the latest go4 updates, right now )
And take another drone with you, so that you CAN fly, in case the Spark dont want.

Good luck
2017-11-21
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Today I tested the spark again at my place wich is a low density urban area with a few wifi networks and some low voltage power line and the spark when to 30m of altitude(max altitued set by the class d airspace)  without issues, I used an iPad pro this time but I guess that doesnt change a thing.
I don’t understand what’s going on....tomorrow I’ll test the in the fields again and see what happens...
I need a reliable tool to fly(work) in restricted places where only a 300gr drone can fly...can’t hope for it to work.....I dont even need to go much further than 50m in my kind of job but thos 50m must be reliable. T_T
2017-11-21
Use props
stenk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13451 ft
New Zealand

I kind of had the same issue. I was able to fly horizontally without any issues but altitude I would get a  "Downlink data connection lost"

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/C8FS92NE8K8I8R74THWW/

I wouldn't think there is any interference where I was I checked the IMU and Compass and all looked OK.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-11-21 09:03
Today I tested the spark again at my place wich is a low density urban area with a few wifi networks and some low voltage power line and the spark when to 30m of altitude(max altitued set by the class d airspace)  without issues, I used an iPad pro this time but I guess that doesnt change a thing.
I don’t understand what’s going on....tomorrow I’ll test the in the fields again and see what happens...
I need a reliable tool to fly(work) in restricted places where only a 300gr drone can fly...can’t hope for it to work.....I dont even need to go much further than 50m in my kind of job but thos 50m must be reliable. T_T

Please note that we would not recommend users fly near voltage power line. Please fly with WIFI connection and choose a place without interference.
2017-11-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-11-21 05:09

Oh, one more question:

You flying kind of "on top of your head", are you?
The direction of your antennas, was it horizontal or vertical?

2017-11-21
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

I know those diagrams and I think i respected them, today I'm testing again.
2017-11-22
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-21 18:16
Please note that we would not recommend users fly near voltage power line. Please fly with WIFI connection and choose a place without interference.

I understand that but that's not the point of the thread here, you should be providing us with some usefull information rather than stating the obvious :-/AND if you read my post you would understand that I chose a place  with little to no interference on my first flight.
2017-11-22
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Definitely the SPARK current version has issues with Wifi disconnection, RC disconnect in mid air and bad video signal within 20 meters ! !

Is there any use of a drone without these primary functions ))
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-11-22 02:16
I understand that but that's not the point of the thread here, you should be providing us with some usefull information rather than stating the obvious :-/AND if you read my post you would understand that I chose a place  with little to no interference on my first flight.

Please understand that some question are just to verify. If you ensure in the wifi setting and check the signal of most channels are strong. Please provide the flight data for us to analyze your problem.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

sibu Posted at 2017-11-22 21:09
Definitely the SPARK current version has issues with Wifi disconnection, RC disconnect in mid air and bad video signal within 20 meters ! !

Is there any use of a drone without these primary functions ))

Please read the advice in 12# and check if the disconnection was caused by interference. If it happens frequently, flight data of your drone is needed.
2017-11-23
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Look, I didnt mean to be rude but standard response lines give me a itch, anyway I tested the Spark without OTG cable and it worked well even if I’m somewhat disappointed with the range in urban areas.
It translates to 60m max with line of sight to have a stable link.
Also satellite pickup in the streets with mid sized buildings,12-18m height max was very disappointing to a point where it wasn’t able to get a gps lock or a very lousy one so that losing data link would mean a totally erroneus rth resulting in a crash and damage to thing and or people.
Never happened with the P4P and I live in EU.Please fix the OTG connection.
2017-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules