Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Go4 4.1.18 Quiz-Restrictions?
12Next >
5420 59 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Mavic Pro, Go 4 .18, All latest firmware, 8331 props, iPad Mini 2, IOS 11.1.1

First flight on .18 Go4 asked me to take a quiz. This is new. I skipped it, didn't have the time. So i launched like i always do, got to 98' high and got max height warning. I was set to 120 meters (@394'). Landed, launched again, I switched to Sport and back to Normal, no effect. Still topping out at 98', like its in beginner mode, but it wasn't. I landed, power cycled everything, and got the quiz again. This time i went through 10 questions and passed. Now the bird flys to just under 400'.

Is this by design? Do i have to pass this quiz thing to unlock height restrictions? I really hope not. It warned me i could skip the quiz up to 4 times, but it did not say what happens if you don't take it ever..
2017-11-21
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

So it has begun...........i'm sure we will find out what happens if you skip it to many times lol
2017-11-21
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

A quiz? what was being asked? LoL
2017-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will remain in beginner mode indefinitely by the look of it. Whatever next?! Though I think this quiz only applies to US flyers - for now!
2017-11-21
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Ops...at least one feature Brazil won't suffer more than the rest of the world!
2017-11-21
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-11-21 06:35
You will remain in beginner mode indefinitely by the look of it. Whatever next?! Though I think this quiz only applies to US flyers - for now!

Holy Crap! Let me get this straight...
In the US, we have to pass this stupid questionnaire (like they know it's the pilot taking it without help) in order to fly without beginner mode? Really? That seems like a giant over-reach to me, and it does nothing to make the sky safer. We all know the "Guidelines" set by the FAA, but they are guidelines only. I am not breaking the law if my drone flys out of VLOS, and i know it is my risk when i do that. Why does DJI think they should limit the devices ability if i don't take their quiz on the FAA's guidelines? Complete bull...
2017-11-21
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

CuaC Posted at 2017-11-21 06:33
A quiz? what was being asked? LoL

The usual stuff... how high does FAA want you to fly, how far from airports, blah blah blah...
2017-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I guess so - may be its to appease the FAA in some way.
2017-11-21
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

So, I postpone twice, guess I better fire it up and take the quiz. Except on the last flights I did go up to 121 ft and 128 ft
2017-11-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I skipped the quiz after going to the .18 DJI Go and there were no restrictions.  Flew up to a bit under 500m above take off (note this is in the mountains so the Mavic was only  about 100 meters above the terrain.
2017-11-21
Use props
topilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96427 ft
United States

Passed the quiz first time and it keeps asking me to take it again and again. What is going on. I have been flying my Mavic for 6 months now and am a 107 pilot!
2017-11-21
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

topilot Posted at 2017-11-21 12:04
Passed the quiz first time and it keeps asking me to take it again and again. What is going on. I have been flying my Mavic for 6 months now and am a 107 pilot!

The repeating quiz is being discussed on a variety of Mavic forums. Fortunately I hadn't been offered Go4 4.1.18 in the IOS app store yet so there will be  no upgrade in my future. How stupid can DJI be?
2017-11-21
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

Hotelone4 Posted at 2017-11-21 13:47
The repeating quiz is being discussed on a variety of Mavic forums. Fortunately I hadn't been offered Go4 4.1.18 in the IOS app store yet so there will be  no upgrade in my future. How stupid can DJI be?

Reading posts on another forum apparently deleting the DJI4 app, reinstalling, then logging back in and taking the test one more time may solve this issue. You will then have to stay logged in apparently.
2017-11-21
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@DJI Please stop this rubbish quiz thing.  Do motorist or even other pilots of aircraft have to do stupid things like this.  Come on, do not treat us like children, we are mostly mature adults trying to invest in an expensive hobby.  You will lose people with this type of thing and gain nothing.
2017-11-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay I playing catch up, is this in the new update? When does it comes out on iOS .
2017-11-21
Use props
fans9c51d4a3
New
United States

Woe Posted at 2017-11-21 15:21
Okay I playing catch up, is this in the new update? When does it comes out on iOS .

It’s already out for IOS, once you update the app, the next time you turn it on it will ask you to take the quiz.
2017-11-21
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

Woe Posted at 2017-11-21 15:21

Yes. Go4 4.1.18 for IOS is out, and this is in it. Had to take the quiz again on my iPhone...Ugh...
2017-11-21
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

The quiz is pretty straight-forward, multiple guess questions.

If I had to guess, I would say it's targeted at a US audience as a few questions are about FAA regulations. But according to others, it seems other regions will get the quiz. Maybe it's worldwide.

2017-11-21
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

I took the quiz and got every question correct, but I'm curious as to what happens if you miss one... or two, or three?
2017-11-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2017-11-21 16:42
Yes. Go4 4.1.18 for IOS is out, and this is in it. Had to take the quiz again on my iPhone...Ugh...

I haven’t been anything regarding an update. I burned two batteries yesterday and didn’t see it.
2017-11-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mr Smith Posted at 2017-11-21 19:20
I took the quiz and got every question correct, but I'm curious as to what happens if you miss one... or two, or three?

Good question. Do you get lock out .
2017-11-21
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

HyLenz Posted at 2017-11-21 07:13
The usual stuff... how high does FAA want you to fly, how far from airports, blah blah blah...

Oh I've seen by now it's just USA. Well, I saw some samples and it's a 2 minute thing, just do it...
2017-11-22
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Ok I took it, past it, noticed you can't put in a wrong answer, I tried and it wouldn't let me go to the next question until I checked the correct answer. Don't know if completing the quiz effects flying restrictions because I did not fly last night after taking the quiz. I took it in the house where it was warm. Also don't know if it will ask me to take it again once I try to fly tomorrow.

Also, I woke up this morning wondering if it was because of something I wrote on the forum, that DJI decided to add the quiz to the startup menu. A while back, in a discussion about stupid flyers, doing stupid things, basically not flying safe. The discussion was during the time someone was flying around an airport and cause it to be shut down and when someone hit a helicopter and someone else was flying over a crowd of people, and when a kid was fly over a crowded beach with his parents sitting right next to him. I think some of you might remember that discussion. Anyway, during that discussion I wrote that we all should have to take some training and pass a basic test before we fly, just like any of us that drive a car or motor cycle who uses public roads. I don't care if someone flew over  their own property and crashed and hurt themselves or their property, but when flying over other's property or public property they should know the rules of etiquette  and safe flying. At the time, I did not know how such a procedure could be accomplished, but it appears that DJI did...

HomePoint, I agree with you most of us are mature adults, but unfortunately some of those flying are NOT..
2017-11-22
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
United States

I'm trying to get DJI Support to tell me on Twitter what happens if you don't answer the questions by the 5th time. All i have gotten from them so far is to be sure to finish the questions lol I don't think i will get an answer? We'll see............
2017-11-22
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
United States

They just keep beating around the bush so to speak. Now telling me you have to take it the 5th time but didn't say what happens. I asked one more time.......but guessing you cannot get into the app if you don't the 5th time?
2017-11-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Maybe one of the administrators will weigh in.
2017-11-22
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-22 00:51
Ok I took it, past it, noticed you can't put in a wrong answer, I tried and it wouldn't let me go to the next question until I checked the correct answer. Don't know if completing the quiz effects flying restrictions because I did not fly last night after taking the quiz. I took it in the house where it was warm. Also don't know if it will ask me to take it again once I try to fly tomorrow.

Also, I woke up this morning wondering if it was because of something I wrote on the forum, that DJI decided to add the quiz to the startup menu. A while back, in a discussion about stupid flyers, doing stupid things, basically not flying safe. The discussion was during the time someone was flying around an airport and cause it to be shut down and when someone hit a helicopter and someone else was flying over a crowd of people, and when a kid was fly over a crowded beach with his parents sitting right next to him. I think some of you might remember that discussion. Anyway, during that discussion I wrote that we all should have to take some training and pass a basic test before we fly, just like any of us that drive a car or motor cycle who uses public roads. I don't care if someone flew over  their own property and crashed and hurt themselves or their property, but when flying over other's property or public property they should know the rules of etiquette  and safe flying. At the time, I did not know how such a procedure could be accomplished, but it appears that DJI did...

Why would they not use a message box with some "best practices" copy as the app loads like they do for Fixed Wing? Example: My 2016 Jeep has a message comes up on the screen every time you start it with a quick reminder about how dangerous it is to mess with the screen while driving. There is an "Accept" button, but you do not need to click it. Simply start driving, the message goes away after 30 seconds or so.

It's not that i think the information is not worth knowing, it's the way it is presented, and basically hobbling MY drone if i choose not to take their test kinda irks me. Besides, when you get your FAA registration number, you have already agreed that you have read and understand the basic safety concepts of UAS flight.

Does anyone know if this is a Go4 thing, or is it in Litchi also?
2017-11-22
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Really don't see what the fuss is about if you only have to take the test once ......  listing to the questions that are being asked if you can't answer them then maybe you shouldn't be flying high or at any lengthy distance ....
As DJI haven't published any details about this I can only asume they are under pressure to be more pro active to promote responsible drone flying and the US happen to be the first country to test this on ??
2017-11-22
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is too funny.
2017-11-22
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

HomePoint Posted at 2017-11-21 15:15
@DJI Please stop this rubbish quiz thing.  Do motorist or even other pilots of aircraft have to do stupid things like this.  Come on, do not treat us like children, we are mostly mature adults trying to invest in an expensive hobby.  You will lose people with this type of thing and gain nothing.

Not heard of a driving test or CPL?

Can't see the issue. Any attempt to educate users into at least the basics of responsible drone operation is a good thing.
2017-11-22
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2017-11-22 22:31
Not heard of a driving test or CPL?

Can't see the issue. Any attempt to educate users into at least the basics of responsible drone operation is a good thing.

The issue is they put a process in place where my device gets limited if i dont play their game. And you have to take it on each device you use and every time you reset the app.I get in a car and drive to work every day, no test. I go hunting with a shotgun, no test. And the car and gun folks are not responsible if something happens. Neither is DJI...

Never mind the fact that it gives you the answers. We are not "learning" anything this. We already know and agreed when we registered with the FAA. Maybe some didn't know this stuff because they do not have to register. Its easy to say "whats the big deal" when you don't have to do it because you are outside the USA. Your time will come and i'm sure you will all embrace it... I am so glad the skys are safer now... Uh huh...
2017-11-23
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
United States

I received this email from DJI:

Dear Bob,

the user can skip the quiz for a total of 4 times before flying a DJI drone. After that, the user has to do and pass the quiz in order to fly.

Best regards,
Barbara Stelzner

So there you go........
2017-11-23
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HyLenz Posted at 2017-11-23 03:37
The issue is they put a process in place where my device gets limited if i dont play their game. And you have to take it on each device you use and every time you reset the app.I get in a car and drive to work every day, no test. I go hunting with a shotgun, no test. And the car and gun folks are not responsible if something happens. Neither is DJI...

Never mind the fact that it gives you the answers. We are not "learning" anything this. We already know and agreed when we registered with the FAA. Maybe some didn't know this stuff because they do not have to register. Its easy to say "whats the big deal" when you don't have to do it because you are outside the USA. Your time will come and i'm sure you will all embrace it... I am so glad the skys are safer now... Uh huh...

Exactly... well said!.....and if the keep treating us like little children then we will walk away and leave the hobby to the little children and then we will see how much money they can make from sales to little snotty kids with no responsibilities in life.
2017-11-23
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upgraded today and took the quiz.   Got one question wrong (the one about the ball game...but I don't live near any ball fields, so never actually encountered it.)     The quiz marked it wrong, but then let me press the right answer.   At the end it said I passed and I haven't seen it since.   Is there any way to see your results?   I know them, sure...but if it's recorded somewhere, I'd like to know where.

LP
2017-11-23
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weird, same thing...took it passed and it kept asking for a number of times. Hope it stops... maybe so...just tried and it didn't come up.
2017-11-23
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yup same with my tesla model s even my wifes dodge. But this experience kind of is right in your face take it now especially after 4 times? Come on dji
2017-11-23
Use props
JustViewerFun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

First firmware restrictions, now quizzes every flight.  What's next?  This must be what it feels like to live under authoritarian rule.  The movie Braveheart comes to mind here.

This must be DJI's reaction to the US supreme court ruling that the FAA can no longer require registrations.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

With DJI GO 4 v4.1.18, users will be asked to take the Drone Pilot Knowledge Quiz after activating their aircraft. You can skip the Quiz without completing it. The Quiz will appear again if users skip it or fail to pass. Users must take the Quiz when the Quiz appears for the fifth time.
2017-11-25
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-25 02:19
With DJI GO 4 v4.1.18, users will be asked to take the Drone Pilot Knowledge Quiz after activating their aircraft. You can skip the Quiz without completing it. The Quiz will appear again if users skip it or fail to pass. Users must take the Quiz when the Quiz appears for the fifth time.

Thanks Mindy, but I think this is just a nuisance, especially for USA users who have already agreed to this with FAA registration. And why at the local level? That is, why would you not store the quiz results on you site as part of the registration process? Then i would not have to do it every time I switched devices or reload the app. And what happens if we do not take the quiz EVER?

Final thoughts: The quiz is really not that big a deal. It's really the -Do it or else you disable MY property- that gets me. It should be part of the registration process one time, or in popup message in the app, and should NEVER impose a restriction on the device.
2017-11-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-11-23 11:32
Upgraded today and took the quiz.   Got one question wrong (the one about the ball game...but I don't live near any ball fields, so never actually encountered it.)     The quiz marked it wrong, but then let me press the right answer.   At the end it said I passed and I haven't seen it since.   Is there any way to see your results?   I know them, sure...but if it's recorded somewhere, I'd like to know where.

LP

Agreed, who gets this information
2017-11-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules