Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error "Unfortunately, DJI GO has stopped."
6522 15 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frypan
lvl.3
Australia

It's been 6 months since I used my Osmo. I had no problems previously, but today the app will not open. After updating the app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, it crashes every time with the error "Unfortunately, DJI GO has stopped".

Why is this happening and how can I fix it? I would like to use my Osmo.

I have tried re-installing the app. I have tried restarting my phone. I have tried disabling Wi-Fi. But nothing works, the app crashes immediately and does not open.

I know Galaxy S4 is an old phone, but it worked fine before. Nothing wrong with this phone. Why does it no longer work? Is Galaxy S4 still supported? Why would DJI remove support for my phone?

2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Galaxy S4 is not in our compatible list, did you also install DJI Go 4 in your phone? If so, please make sure it has been closed completely when you run DJI Go.
Besides, please try to clear cache in APP settings.
2017-11-21
Use props
frypan
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-21 07:34
Galaxy S4 is not in our compatible list, did you also install DJI Go 4 in your phone? If so, please make sure it has been closed completely when you run DJI Go.
Besides, please try to clear cache in APP settings.

So I need to buy a new phone? S4 *was* in your compatible list previously. As I said, I had no problems with previous app version.  

WOW. I cannot afford a new phone, can you please send me a new phone? Or send me money to buy a new phone? You broke my Osmo, I cannot use it now. Osmo is now a PAPERWEIGHT.

I don't have DJI Go 4, I have DJI Go, always had that. I tried clearing app cache, it did not work.

I can't believe this. Your app developer broke my camera. He/she should be fired. You expect people to buy a new phone whenever you update your app?

My Galaxy S4 still works with all other apps except yours.  

Unfortunately, DJI Customer is NOT HAPPY

2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

frypan Posted at 2017-11-22 00:15
So I need to buy a new phone? S4 *was* in your compatible list previously. As I said, I had no problems with previous app version.  

WOW. I cannot afford a new phone, can you please send me a new phone? Or send me money to buy a new phone? You broke my Osmo, I cannot use it now. Osmo is now a PAPERWEIGHT.

Frypan, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our APP, I have sent you a PM, please check out.
2017-11-22
Use props
frypan
lvl.3
Australia

Installing the old APK has fixed the problem. Thanks.
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

frypan Posted at 2017-11-25 05:18
Installing the old APK has fixed the problem. Thanks.

You are welcome, please keep me updated if there is any further problem.
2017-11-26
Use props
fansa3c74cf8
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-26 21:17
You are welcome, please keep me updated if there is any further problem.

Hi frypan and DI Mindy.
I too have the dreaded  "Unfortunately the app has stopped working" using a Samsung Tab 4 that is 3+ years old. I have a DJI P3 Advanced.  It worked until last fall.

Not used my drone much over winter, but had probs last fall with the DJI GO app on my Samsung Tab4 and used my LG phone at that time. Was ok. Today, I took the P3 Advanced out and the app would not work at all on the Samsung Tab4...same error msg. So I used my wife's tablet.

I know nothing about the APK. (I am scared to mess too much with background apps ...) Can you please help me work around this on my Samsung? What do I need to do to make the Samsung Tab 4 work again with the P3? How do I do what frypan did? Thanks for your help. ☺

Love my now-old P3. Been a lot of fun and taken some nice photos for people.

Clive
Alberta, Canada  
2018-3-13
Use props
saqibahmad
New

Pakistan

Well, I had same problem with my elephone which is china set, Still I was able to correct it and now osmo run smooth. Its happened automatically once the app updated my phone works
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa3c74cf8 Posted at 2018-3-13 13:50
Hi frypan and DI Mindy.
I too have the dreaded  "Unfortunately the app has stopped working" using a Samsung Tab 4 that is 3+ years old. I have a DJI P3 Advanced.  It worked until last fall.

Hi Clive, may I have your APP version? Have you tried to re-install it?
2018-3-14
Use props
fansa3c74cf8
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-14 22:34
Hi Clive, may I have your APP version? Have you tried to re-install it?

Hi DJI Mindy,
I've uninstalled a couple of times. The other day again...and installed again from the Google Play Store. Should I be sourcing the app elsewhere?  

Because it crashes I am unable to get the "about" app info. It is the latest one posted in the Play Store.  Still stops.   

I've been thinking of buying a new tablet, but no real need to. The 8-inch screen is a perfect fit for the RC tablet holder.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Clive
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa3c74cf8 Posted at 2018-3-15 17:57
Hi DJI Mindy,
I've uninstalled a couple of times. The other day again...and installed again from the Google Play Store. Should I be sourcing the app elsewhere?  
[view_image]

Google Play Store is the correct platform to download the APP, could you please export the crash log to us for further analysis? Please connect your mobile phone to computer and it can be found in DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH.
2018-3-16
Use props
fansa3c74cf8
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-16 02:46
Google Play Store is the correct platform to download the APP, could you please export the crash log to us for further analysis? Please connect your mobile phone to computer and it can be found in DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH.

Hi again
Attached is the first crash report that occurred on March 13 whille attached to the controller in the field. I have several such reports, but the others are crash reports when the app was opened on the Samsung tablet but not attached to the controller, i.e. the app failed all on its own.
Thanks
Clive  

crash report march 13 attached to controller.pdf

191.5 KB, Down times: 3

2018-3-16
Use props
fansa3c74cf8
lvl.1
Canada

fansa3c74cf8 Posted at 2018-3-16 06:59
Hi again
Attached is the first crash report that occurred on March 13 whille attached to the controller in the field. I have several such reports, but the others are crash reports when the app was opened on the Samsung tablet but not attached to the controller, i.e. the app failed all on its own.
Thanks

If you can't read the PDF (I could not)  here is the txt of the crash rpeort for March 13
================= crash reports starts below ========================
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.secneo.apkwrapper.ApplicationWrapper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'java.util.Iterator java.util.List.iterator()' on a null object reference
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5960)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1700(ActivityThread.java:197)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1742)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6862)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1404)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1199)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'java.util.Iterator java.util.List.iterator()' on a null object reference
        at com.dji.mapkit.utils.b.a(SourceFile:255)
        at com.dji.mapkit.utils.b.b(SourceFile:242)
        at dji.c.a.a(SourceFile:401)
        at dji.c.a.b(SourceFile:156)
        at dji.pilot.publics.objects.DJIApplication.onCreate(SourceFile:235)
        at com.secneo.apkwrapper.ApplicationWrapper.onCreate(ApplicationTemplate.java:47)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1021)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5957)
        ... 9 more
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'java.util.Iterator java.util.List.iterator()' on a null object reference
        at com.dji.mapkit.utils.b.a(SourceFile:255)
        at com.dji.mapkit.utils.b.b(SourceFile:242)
        at dji.c.a.a(SourceFile:401)
        at dji.c.a.b(SourceFile:156)
        at dji.pilot.publics.objects.DJIApplication.onCreate(SourceFile:235)
        at com.secneo.apkwrapper.ApplicationWrapper.onCreate(ApplicationTemplate.java:47)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1021)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5957)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1700(ActivityThread.java:197)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1742)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6862)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1404)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1199)
2018-3-16
Use props
Finurligfyr
New
Flight distance : 145984 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Just got my ordered Dji Phantom pro 4+ obsidian to day by mail. After updating software and taking the drone for a very short test spin (before the assignment tommorow) I get the message Unfortunately, Dji GO 4 has stopped. We are not talkning on the phone, we are talking the + version, which means the integrated screen. How on earth am I gonna solve that? Any ideas, how I get into the system, update it or ... anything?

Best wishes, Thomas
2018-10-11
Use props
Finurligfyr
New
Flight distance : 145984 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Ok? ... Just got my ordered Dji Phantom pro 4+ obsidian to day by mail. After updating software and taking the drone for a very short test spin (before the assignment tommorow) I get the message Unfortunately, Dji GO 4 has stopped. We are not talkning on the phone, we are talking the + version, which means the integrated screen. How on earth am I gonna solve that? Any ideas, how I get into the system, update it or ... anything?

Best wishes, Thomas
2018-10-11
Use props
Dji Drone0
New

Bulgaria

The dji go 4 app dosent start on my acer a1 830
Now what
Do i have to buy newer tablet?????
2019-5-3
Use props
Advanced