1040 7 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

Hi everyone,

I just returned my Mavic for a repair today (1 year 10 days since it shipped) for an issue on the gimbal. I didn't realize the gimbal only has a 6 month warranty on them which is disappointing because that is the main reason for getting a drone. My gimbal basically stopped working on one flight in Iceland. After successful initialization, I took off and realize the gimbal was just flapping in the wind and not stabalizing. Recalibrated the gimbal and IMU that night and I still got the same issue.

Occasionally when I power cycle it the gimbal will get stuck in a certain position when it moves through its full range of motion. Sometimes it would be ok. Anybody got the same issue? A link to the footage where this happened can be found .

Hopefully DJI will cover the repair for free since this is alreayd my third product with them. I like everything about my DJI drones.

Thanks,
Jon
2017-11-21
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I'm lucky that here in Australia, warranty by law says that a product should last as long as its reasonability expected to. Its not unreasonable to expect that the gimbal piece should last longer than 6 months IMHO.
2017-11-21
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude that sucks! I got mine since the first release date and so far going strong. Crossing my fingers and my toes  
2017-11-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That really sucks, looks like an awesome video in the making.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the trouble. Had you shipped the drone back? We will take good care of it. But since you know the policy is out there, if it is a warranty case within the warranty period, we won't deny the responsibility, if it is out of warranty, then you need to pay for the repair. Hope your kind understanding, and also hope you can get the drone back to the air soon.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans0a7c786d
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 780285 ft
South Africa

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-11-22
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-21 18:22
Sorry for the trouble. Had you shipped the drone back? We will take good care of it. But since you know the policy is out there, if it is a warranty case within the warranty period, we won't deny the responsibility, if it is out of warranty, then you need to pay for the repair. Hope your kind understanding, and also hope you can get the drone back to the air soon.

Yes I have shipped my drone back. I was just surprised that the warranty for the gimbal isn't as long as the entire drone itself (6 months vs 12 months) when the gimbal is expected to be a core component of the drone itself.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

OhOhDrone Posted at 2017-11-24 13:02
Yes I have shipped my drone back. I was just surprised that the warranty for the gimbal isn't as long as the entire drone itself (6 months vs 12 months) when the gimbal is expected to be a core component of the drone itself.

Understand this concern, since it is according to the aftersales policy, so I know it could be frustrating, but you might need to accept it. I will forward your concern to the related team and make them aware of it.
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules