CrystalSky on M600 won't show video but phone & controller will?!
2985 14 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Overnite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148327 ft
United States

I've been using DJI Go on my Samsung S7 with the Matrice 600, Ronin MX and Sony A7s camera with quite a bit of luck. I just got a 5.5" CrystalSky monitor and can't get the video feed on the screen?! HDMI out of the controller is still showing the video fine, but I'm only getting a grey screen on the CrystalSky monitor. Any ideas?! The CrystalSky has been updated to version 3.1.18 of the App and keeps having errors if I check for any other updates and my phone is running 3.1.23 That seems to be the only difference.
Screenshot_2017-11-20-19-17-31.png
Screenshot_2017-11-21-15-57-27.png
Screenshot_2017-11-21-16-12-07.png
Screenshot_2017-11-21-16-12-14.png
Screenshot_2017-11-21-16-12-25.png
Screenshot_2017-11-21-16-12-34.png
2017-11-21
Use props
Overnite
lvl.2
United States

Just got an update email from DJI, they said to enable EXT port but that still didn't do anything. Am I missing some simple setting somewhere?

Screenshot_2017-11-22-10-36-15.png
Screenshot_2017-11-22-10-36-37.png
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Would you please try to reset CystalSky to factory default in Settings?
2017-11-23
Use props
Overnite
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 01:53
Would you please try to reset CystalSky to factory default in Settings?

I have tried several full resets and updates.

Oddly enough I was able to get video to show on the CrystalSky monitor just once but have been unable to get it to come back after turning everything back off and then on again.

2017-11-28
Use props
Overnite
lvl.2
United States

2017-11-28
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

something that's a completely DJI product and broken that badly I'd get a refund and buy a new one or send it back after putting as much time into troubleshooting it as you have
2017-11-29
Use props
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've got the same problem with a new M600 too.

Crystalsky works fine on my older M600, but not the new one, though I get a video feed through my iPad OK.

I've checked both aircraft, which are running identical firmware etc and the crystalsky has same settings for both, older one works, the new one doesn't.

I've come to the conclusion the crystalsky monitors were a huge mistake, full of bugs

As a dedicated DJI monitor designed for the job, I'm very tired of having to go back to my iPhone and iPad to try and fix problems. For example after the forced update to version.65 on the M600, I had the device locked until I used my iPad to unlock it. The dedicated monitor wasn't able to do this and again failing to work with the device it's designed for....

Come on DJI, fix your product.
2017-12-5
Use props
Overnite
lvl.2
United States

Ya, 2 weeks with customer support asking me if I have the camera plugged in correctly and other useless run around.

I did get someone from tech support to email me saying "I have make sure with our engineer again, we are sorry to tell you that normally we don't suggest our customer to use CrystalSky with Matrice 600 because their compatibility is not very good, and you can simply use your phone or iPad to get the video fed back from M600. There's nothing special about using CrystalSky."

WTF "Professional" system?! Should have bought a FreeFly...
2017-12-5
Use props
Overnite
lvl.2
United States

Overnite Posted at 2017-12-5 19:22
Ya, 2 weeks with customer support asking me if I have the camera plugged in correctly and other useless run around.

I did get someone from tech support to email me saying "I have make sure with our engineer again, we are sorry to tell you that normally we don't suggest our customer to use CrystalSky with Matrice 600 because their compatibility is not very good, and you can simply use your phone or iPad to get the video fed back from M600. There's nothing special about using CrystalSky."

DJI Tech said the screen was completely fine and working condition and sent it back. Finally has some free time and have been home to open it up and try it out. Sure enough, same problem and still not working. Here we go again! At least this time I remembered to film a video of it not working so maybe that should help?
2018-1-29
Use props
Overnite
lvl.2
United States

Aaaaaand finally got a real answer. Months later...

"After discussing with our engineers, we have done many tests, and we noticed that is the issue about the app inside the Crystalsky.
Later, we will solve this problem via the firmware. Hope for your understanding and support."

Anyone with an Inspire want to buy a 5.5" Screen???
2018-2-3
Use props
OZZO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26470558 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

I also have the same problem, Crystal sky is working just fine with Inspire 2 But no image when i Launch DJI GO app and try my M600 No image just grey screen, its somthing with the app, also newest app on the ipad gives problems with M600 image transmission and won´t even connect... Waiting for a new version and a fix...
2018-2-4
Use props
Overnite
lvl.2
United States

OZZO Posted at 2018-2-4 14:00
I also have the same problem, Crystal sky is working just fine with Inspire 2 But no image when i Launch DJI GO app and try my M600 No image just grey screen, its somthing with the app, also newest app on the ipad gives problems with M600 image transmission and won´t even connect... Waiting for a new version and a fix...

Yep...
Gotta love/hate DJI
2018-2-4
Use props
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Have any of you guys managed to resolve your issue yet, as I'm still struggling with the same problem, been a couple of months now.
2018-2-18
Use props
Overnite
lvl.2
United States

I've updated to the latest firmware, and waited. Still not working. It is a KNOWN issue, that is still not fixed.

"After communicate with our engineers, we will fix it as soon as possible, actually recently via upgrading the firmware of the DJI GO app in the CrystalSky. Then this issue will be resolved." direct from Support E-mail

They have not responded to my request for a refund as well, so now looking in to legal action...
2018-3-9
Use props
Overnite
lvl.2
United States

It is an issue with the CrystalSky Firmware the DJI Support knows about but has not fixed.
When demanding a full refund after months of a useless product and jumping through support hoops they added this little line about returns:

"Kindly note, DJI can only offer refund to the products purchased directly from DJI online store. And the problems need to be reported in 14 days after you receive the device."

So make sure you report it with 14 days! You might have a chance of getting a refund months later when they finally admit it is their problem...
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules