Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
STOP THE POPUP MESSAGES in DJI GO 4
123Next >
10704 86 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeSky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is ther any way to STOP all the fricking messages that pop up while I am trying to fly? I am so sick of all these pop ups

"Strong wireless interference. Please fly with caution". I only need to see this once, not every 5 seconds.

"Your aircraft has entered a warning zone (Class B). Please fly with caution". I checked the FAA maps, I am not in any class B airspace. I know EXACTLY where I am flying. Again, I onyl need to see this once.

"Set flight mode to GPS" - Why, I want to fly in atti mode. Shut the hell up

All of these mesages are so very distrraciting. There really needs to be a way to turn off all these beginner messages. Please DJI.

I can fly my inspire 1 in the exact same location, NO MESSAGES at all.

Many thanks,
Houston

2017-11-21
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The issue is that DJI is treasting everyone even the most experienced as a NEWBIE!!!
2017-11-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

You forgot the worst of all, the WIND WARNING !
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have transferred to our engineers for further consideration.
2017-11-22
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-11-21 23:03

Just my thought too.
2017-11-22
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3896588 ft
United States

Please DJI for the love of God,
Clean up the Go 4 app !!
2017-11-22
Use props
CraigR
lvl.4
Australia

Drone Man Posted at 2017-11-22 03:05
Please DJI for the love of God,
Clean up the Go 4 app !!

They should open source it IMO
2017-11-22
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Safety is at first place, that's why these messages appears. Some of us said that they are fricking, other will blame DJI for missing some warning messages ... people are just crazy with no excuses!
2017-11-22
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Frankly I am never troubled by wind!
2017-11-22
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-22 03:33
Safety is at first place, that's why these messages appears. Some of us said that they are fricking, other will blame DJI for missing some warning messages ... people are just crazy with no excuses!

There is no safety in those when you again and again have to close the warnings where you really should keep an eye of the AC.
2017-11-22
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

embayweather Posted at 2017-11-22 04:35
Frankly I am never troubled by wind!

Guess that count for the most of us, but the Strong Wind warnings keep popping up is annoying and takes your concentration from safely controlling your flight.
2017-11-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-11-21 23:03

I think the wing warning is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. I was able to disable it....
2017-11-22
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-22 04:45
Guess that count for the most of us, but the Strong Wind warnings keep popping up is annoying and takes your concentration from safely controlling your flight.

It's not annoying, it's informing and warning you to know what is going on up there away from you to know the difficulties, that machine is facing!
2017-11-22
Use props
Dockater
First Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-22 01:27
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have transferred to our engineers for further consideration.

A good idea Susan, warnings are useful and important, but getting to many and to often conditions one to ignore them. Some method of limiting or selection would be good.
2017-11-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I do not owe Inspire 2, flying Inspire 1 Pro instead under DJI Go app (not Go 4) control. I hope all these annoying warning messages and quiz-es are related to a consumer class pocket-size DJI drones and Phantoms, right? I can't see any professional pilot dealing with these issues when operating Inspire 2 or Matrice class machines ... Please correct me if I'm wrong.
2017-11-22
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As I mentioned in the initial post, I also fly an Inspire 1 and do not get any of these messages. Yes, this craft is geared more towards the professional, that is to say for use in commercial situations, and I never get any of these warnings. Yes, I know, it's a different app all together but still, come on. I suppose the DJI Go app (not the GO 4 app) is designed more for the PROFESSIONAL but if that is the case, then REMOVE the word PRO from Phantom 4 PRO if we are going to get all these ridiculous and childish warnings. If this craft is truley inteded for professional use than we really do not need all the hand holding. I was flying the other day in 5 mph winds and got the wind warning popup. I can not tell you how distracting all this crap is on my screen. If you are using a smart phone than your screen real estate is even more precious. I don't need this crap popping up on my screen while I am trying to get a shot. I NEED to see the view, not this nonsensical warnings.

As for the beginner, I would think that all these message would freak someone out who is first learning to fly. Could you imagine trying to learn how to fly a plane with warning buzzers going off every few seconds. I for one would just give up or invest in some noise canceling headphones. LOL .  Probably a bad analogy but you get my point.  Maybe I should just put some gaffer tape on the upper left corner of my screen. Problem solved.

Please DJI, just pop it up once and then turn an ICON red or yellow. Consider most of us responsible and don't make the lot of us suffer because of the few idiots out there.

Many thanks,
Houston
2017-11-22
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-22 10:54
It's not annoying, it's informing and warning you to know what is going on up there away from you to know the difficulties, that machine is facing!

Crap statement, sorry - but after the current FW was released it is not of any use but being a PitA and keep popping up even if there is almost no other wind than the one the props generate!
You're welcome to enjoy the warnings but we're a lot who would be more than happy to get rid of them.
2017-11-23
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-23 00:35
Crap statement, sorry - but after the current FW was released it is not of any use but being a PitA and keep popping up even if there is almost no other wind than the one the props generate!
You're welcome to enjoy the warnings but we're a lot who would be more than happy to get rid of them.

I want know what is going on during the flight, if there is perfect weather with no wind, theres less messages on-screen but okay, that's personal story.
2017-11-23
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-11-22 16:35
As I mentioned in the initial post, I also fly an Inspire 1 and do not get any of these messages. Yes, this craft is geared more towards the professional, that is to say for use in commercial situations, and I never get any of these warnings. Yes, I know, it's a different app all together but still, come on. I suppose the DJI Go app (not the GO 4 app) is designed more for the PROFESSIONAL but if that is the case, then REMOVE the word PRO from Phantom 4 PRO if we are going to get all these ridiculous and childish warnings. If this craft is truley inteded for professional use than we really do not need all the hand holding. I was flying the other day in 5 mph winds and got the wind warning popup. I can not tell you how distracting all this crap is on my screen. If you are using a smart phone than your screen real estate is even more precious. I don't need this crap popping up on my screen while I am trying to get a shot. I NEED to see the view, not this nonsensical warnings.

As for the beginner, I would think that all these message would freak someone out who is first learning to fly. Could you imagine trying to learn how to fly a plane with warning buzzers going off every few seconds. I for one would just give up or invest in some noise canceling headphones. LOL .  Probably a bad analogy but you get my point.  Maybe I should just put some gaffer tape on the upper left corner of my screen. Problem solved.

Houston, it's better even for beginners to know every situation and message, and why is that message appears on-screen. If you are expert with drones, many other people aren't and I think it is better not to skip any situations. Don't forget that your drone can crash if you fly it extremly high wind and than what's going on? Just imagine surprisely you're flying and you meet extreme wind from nowhere? What should you do
2017-11-23
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-23 04:41
I want know what is going on during the flight, if there is perfect weather with no wind, theres less messages on-screen but okay, that's personal story.

You really don't get i do you?

My avatar is very light wind, the below picture is almost no wind at all and the warnings keep popping up again and again in all kind of wind. Do you know the story of the "Boy who called Wolf" or "Peter and the Wolf"?

Did you think about that mayby our P4P's can be acting different than your P4?

You are happy about the warnings, good then, live with them, this thread is from a user who, like others find those very distracting and is asking for a way to get rid of them please accept and stop telling us they are good for us to have.

no_wind.png
2017-11-23
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-23 05:09

My avatar is very light wind, the below picture is almost no wind at all and the warnings keep popping up again and again in all kind of wind. Do you know the story of the "Boy who called Wolf" or "eter and the Wolf"?

Understood about your messages and windless weather, it's maybe some kind of bug
2017-11-23
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Nevermind that you're with 4 pro, it's not so different inside except some more visual sensors and camera/battery ..
2017-11-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-23 05:09

My avatar is very light wind, the below picture is almost no wind at all and the warnings keep popping up again and again in all kind of wind. Do you know the story of the "Boy who called Wolf" or "Peter and the Wolf"?

The wind warning is triggered by 10 mph winds, the mavic can easily handle 25 mph winds. It would be incredibly easy for dji to put an adjustment slider in the go app so we could change the sensitivity to suit our local conditions. Where I live it’s ALWAYS windy.
2017-11-23
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-11-23 05:26
The wind warning is triggered by 10 mph winds, the mavic can easily handle 25 mph winds. It would be incredibly easy for dji to put an adjustment slider in the go app so we could change the sensitivity to suit our local conditions. Where I live it’s ALWAYS windy.

Best answer
2017-11-23
Use props
fans589cba4b
First Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

the dam strong wind message is the worst. every time you accell or fly faster than 7meters ps I get the message. STOP IT!!!
2017-11-23
Use props
RMJovo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

I agree that one should have the option to turn off/on the messages!  Also they should look into getting rid of the false messaging I see for example I get a message my RTH may pass though a no fly zone to be careful ( YA RIGHT THE NEAREST NFZ IS 5 MILES FROM WHERE I FLY AND I ALWAYS KEEP THE QUAD IN VLOS ) also the message GPS may be inaccurate ( YA RIGHT WHEN I HAVE 12-17 BIRDS IN THE OPEN ) also like the many I do not need the wind warnings I test the wind at altitude by switching to Atti mode and watching the drift before I start flying like a mad man.
2017-11-23
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-11-22 05:00
I think the wing warning is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. I was able to disable it....

How were you able to disable it?
2017-11-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
  • >>>
United States

First time I saw the wind warning I was hovering inside a warehouse obviously with NO WIND. I spent so much time clearing errors off the limited real estate of the screen I gave up and use Litchi 100%
2017-11-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-22 01:27

They didn't know? It's been a year of this.
2017-11-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-22 03:33

Problem is most of them are WRONG. If they had some meaning then ok but they are usually incorrect
2017-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2017-11-22 13:25
I do not owe Inspire 2, flying Inspire 1 Pro instead under DJI Go app (not Go 4) control. I hope all these annoying warning messages and quiz-es are related to a consumer class pocket-size DJI drones and Phantoms, right? I can't see any professional pilot dealing with these issues when operating Inspire 2 or Matrice class machines ... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I fly Matrice warnings are fairly constant, warnings are not a problem it’s the sensors that correctly or incorrectly issue the warning that are the problem, I have noticed that when flying my Mavic that warnings are much closer to correct than my other drones.
So I agree with having the warnings but I think the sensors need to be tweaked. I sometimes use an app UAV Airdata for wind this is almost as inaccurate as P4Pro sensors so maybe it will take some fine tuning before we get the accuracy we are looking for.

I don’t think we should do away with the warnings and those who say they are quite capable of flying without any warnings are usually the ones who blame everyone and everything else when something goes wrong.
2017-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-11-22 16:35

Maybe it would be better to get the warning / buzzer after you crash when learning to fly a plane. This makes real sense NOT and a bit of a nonsense of your argument.
2017-11-23
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-11-23 10:37

I believe you could tweak it with the parameter settings interface on Assistant 2 version <= 1.1.2, not sure if they removed it from 1.1.6.
2017-11-23
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-11-23 11:31
First time I saw the wind warning I was hovering inside a warehouse obviously with NO WIND. I spent so much time clearing errors off the limited real estate of the screen I gave up and use Litchi 100%

They first start annoying me from the current 01.04.0602, but i only had 14 days of enjoy before the update, it was not that sensitive before.
Worst thing is that have the buildin screen so no alternatives for me. :-C
2017-11-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-11-23 10:37

There are ways of changing flight parameters in the assistant app, I just changed the value from 6 to 25, no more wind warnings...( google digdat0)
2017-11-23
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Yes DJI, give us the option to disable the warnings ...
2017-11-23
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-11-23 12:02
There are ways of changing flight parameters in the assistant app, I just changed the value from 6 to 25, no more wind warnings...( google digdat0)

Where did you find this exactly please? I downloaded the, opened it, connected it to the craft and I don't see anywhere that I can change such a setting. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Houston
2017-11-23
Use props
CH4T6
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-23 11:47
Maybe it would be better to get the warning / buzzer after you crash when learning to fly a plane. This makes real sense NOT and a bit of a nonsense of your argument.

His/her argument is perfect.  Real airplanes don't blast the pilot with stupid ass wind warnings over and over and over again.  As a pilot (since 1997) I don't need repeated wind speed alerts.  I know the wind speed before I take off and I keep up with any wind speed changes throughout the flight BUT if some crazy blast of wind comes out of absolutely nowhere and someone feels the need to warn me about it I only need to hear or see the warning once.  Anymore than that is insulting.  Same goes for DJI: if the quad determines the wind speed is a hazard then it can tell me once.  I don't need to be told 187 times in the next two minutes.  You, on the other hand, sound like someone who might just be so stupid as to need repeated warnings.  This is why someone like you should be flying sponge copters from Toys R US instead of real ones.  
2017-11-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

CH4T6 Posted at 2017-11-23 17:51
You're an idiot.  The wind warning appears when the damn machine is 10 ft. off the ground in 5 mph wind.  Yes, dumbass, it does!  Over and over and over and over and over again. So shut your stupid face.

oops, warning "Sour gas detected, fly away as fast as possible!" ...
2017-11-23
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-23 11:42
I fly Matrice warnings are fairly constant, warnings are not a problem it’s the sensors that correctly or incorrectly issue the warning that are the problem, I have noticed that when flying my Mavic that warnings are much closer to correct than my other drones.
So I agree with having the warnings but I think the sensors need to be tweaked. I sometimes use an app UAV Airdata for wind this is almost as inaccurate as P4Pro sensors so maybe it will take some fine tuning before we get the accuracy we are looking for.

Hello hallmark007 and thank you! I agree 100% with that thing for blaming everything and all others when something's happen yes! Thank you.
2017-11-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules