Editing Program
2215 15 2014-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DougEngineering
New

United States

Just got my new Phantom 2 Vision Plus, and I am curious as to what the best movie editing program would be for beginners new to filming.  I am just trying to get some easy video cropping, slow-motion capture, and music added to my short videos I've taken.  Any suggestions are welcome, Thanks!
2014-10-22
Use props
ringlis1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34685 ft
United States

GoPro Studio works. Its free and easy to use.
2014-10-22
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

I started using Sony Vegas because I found a copy cheap on Amazon.
It's pretty complex until you get used to it, but it has most of the bells and whistles you'll ever want even in the older versions.
I've heard (but not tried) that Moviemaker (free) is pretty good to start with.
2014-10-22
Use props
DougEngineering
New

United States

I was thinking about that.  Awesome, thanks I will try it out.
2014-10-22
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

I tried sony vegas, ough....

But adobe premiere cs6 is brilliant.. maybe 1h with tutorials on youtube and you are good to go. Dont forget adjustment layer, that is badass.
2014-10-22
Use props
DougEngineering
New

United States

Stupid microsoft movie maker wont work on my dell, so installing go pro studio now ....ive seen a  lot of people mentioning premiere
2014-10-22
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

I've heard good things about GoPro Studio too...
2014-10-22
Use props
Gamecatcher
lvl.1

United States

I use Final Cut Pro X, but it isn't exactly cheap. GoPro studio is probably as good as it gets for free. I use it to remove fisheye before importing into FCPX. It's a different operating system than FCP, so I don;t need to spend too much time learning it, but there are some good tutorials. Lynda.com has a good one on GoPro Studio.
2014-10-22
Use props
DougEngineering
New

United States

Go Pro Studio wont allow me to trim ...
2014-10-22
Use props
DougEngineering
New

United States

says its only for GoPro Source clips.  lame
2014-10-22
Use props
Gamecatcher
lvl.1

United States

Well, look at it this way, you got what you paid for!    Ok, seriously, try iMovie. If you want a free or cheap app/program. I thought you were using a GoPro on a P2.

Adobe Premier Pro and Final Cut Pro X are going to give you a wider range of options, but, they are expensive. If you have plopped down the money for a Phantom, then, I'm guessing this isn't just some cheap hobby or pastime? You might look into them if you want to produce some quality videos where you get into color correction, exposure, contrast, audio correction etc, and other effects.

Start with a free or cheap app/program and then check out some of Adobe's options.

Honestly, the iMovie app does 90% of what needs to be done to a video to make it watchable.

Good luck.
2014-10-22
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

Adobe premiere cs6 have a 14day trial.
And of course for the less fortunate, downloading, nothing i recommend, but i hear that some people do it.
2014-10-22
Use props
DougEngineering
New

United States

I'll probably check out adobe premier.  I was trying to go the free route because i'm not really looking to do a lot more than trim, combine a few clips, do slow-motion, and add music for some 30 second shorts.  But it looks like that premiere might be the best choice
2014-10-22
Use props
MAVIC PRO DJI
lvl.2

Ukraine

Sony Vegas will be good for your needs.
And royalty free music special for videos you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/c/RoyaltyFreeMusicNoCopyrightMusic

Best and new background music sorted by genre, mood and etc.
Free download!
2018-2-11
Use props
Octovisuals
lvl.2

Spain

I use Adobe Premiere Pro professionally, but it's not free. Costs like 10 € a month. But maybe Premiere Elements could suit you better, if they still support it.

You could try the free DaVinci Resolve version. It's not easy to use at first, though.

Otherwise, you could try Pinnacle or some other cheapo home editor.

Can't really recommend Sony Vegas, nor GoPro Studio, which they don't support anymore (it's something else now).
2018-2-21
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Sony Vegas 14 Pro 64 bits for me ,  support 4 k

2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now