DJI Goggles RE vs. DJI Goggles - The differences???
22908 11 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chester Benning
lvl.1

Germany

Good day

Can someone explain me the main difference between the DJI Goggles RE and the normal DJI Goggles?

DJI Goggles RE: https://goo.gl/QCFqr6

Found this at DJI's FAQ: "DJI Goggles RE feature a redesigned facial pad and headband, making them even more comfortable to wear. In addition to all the functions of DJI Googles, DJI Goggles RE also support Sphere pano photo viewing and local video playback. DJI Goggles RE also work with the DJI OcuSync Air Unit and can receive analog video signal."

What means local video playback?
2017-11-22
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

They main difference is that you can also receive signals from analog transmitters, meaning that if you for example have a race quad with a standard Fatshark setup, you will be able to receive that analog signal directly in the goggles and race with it.

They will be also selling the OccuSync compatible camera and transmitter if you would like to setup your home built with full HD video transmission, this in theory should work with the standard goggles.

So, basically:

- DJI Goggles = OccuSync (MAVIC, SPARK, Phantom, Inspire and OccuSync equipped builts ).

-DJI RE Goggles = OccuSync + Analog Transmitters (Racequads, flying wings, basically anything with an analog transmitter that is on the same spectrum of bands the goggles can switch to).

Hope this helps!

2017-11-22
Use props
DANIEL7781
lvl.4
Portugal

I'll never use race drones. Only Mavic or other drones from DJI to capture beautiful images and aerial footage. DIJ Goggles RE worth the extra money?
2017-11-22
Use props
Mavic & Goggle
lvl.1
France

I m not shure that OcuSync Air Unit is compatible with my DJI Goggle 1 (standard) ?????????????
2017-11-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is very interesting. White or black
2017-11-22
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

DANIEL7781 Posted at 2017-11-22 01:57
I'll never use race drones. Only Mavic or other drones from DJI to capture beautiful images and aerial footage. DIJ Goggles RE worth the extra money?

For yourspecific purpose then probably not.
2017-11-22
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

Mavic & Goggle Posted at 2017-11-22 02:12
I m not shure that OcuSync Air Unit is compatible with my DJI Goggle 1 (standard) ?????????????

That's why I said that maybe, but in principle it should be, since it is the same communication's protocol.

2017-11-22
Use props
Mavic & Goggle
lvl.1
France

possibly not compatible withe goggle 1 standard WHITE , because google 1 have 720p60fps and 1080p30 fps frame rate , OCYsync Air is in 50 fps 720p...
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=120807
Hey, maybe this thread will give you more information and answer most of your questions!
2017-11-22
Use props
Droner777
lvl.2
Germany

The Ocusync air unit supports also 720p60. Therefore I think te white DJI Goggles should be supported, but it would be great if DJI can finally clearify it here in this thread...please help DJI...
2017-11-24
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Droner777 Posted at 2017-11-24 00:47
The Ocusync air unit supports also 720p60. Therefore I think te white DJI Goggles should be supported, but it would be great if DJI can finally clearify it here in this thread...please help DJI...

HA!!! OF COURSE THEY AREN'T COMPATIBLE!!! Why would DJI do that?  I mean why release a product and take away it's big money making draw?  Of course some could argue that seeing that the Mavic already had ocusync capabilities that it would make sense to improve on the product instead of keeping us tethered to some wires.  Nah, the bottom line is important for DJI.  I mean they need to keep creating state of the art equipment, releasing consistenly ahead of the competition.  I mean I don't really care that most of the time the equipment is 2 or 3 firmware updates away from actual completion.  I just really like engineering,  and DJI has allowed me the opportunity to delve in to that arena and help them figure out their problems so the next generation will actually be fully functional.  Too bad my DJI Goggles won't work with my Inspire 2 via ocusync, I guess I'll just buy this other pair too because money is just money yah know.  No big deal.  
2017-11-24
Use props
Studio Luce Photography
lvl.1
New Zealand

AACY Posted at 2017-11-22 07:27
For yourspecific purpose then probably not.

exactly the advice I am looking for. That You
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules