Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gyro Data Error during IMU calibration
2199 16 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m4jp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1228780 ft
United States

I just got my mavic pro (alphine white edition). Did my initial firmware update which seems to complete. I then tried to do the initial calibrate for the compass and IMU, but I'm having problems. I been getting a GYRO2 data error for the IMU and cannot get the compass calibration to work. Tried the calibration several times with the same result. I have not even flown it yet. Can anyone from DJI help, please? Thanks in advance.

Gyro Data Error

Gyro Data Error
2017-11-22
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Try reinstalling the firmware and make sure you're away from any metal (including on your person) when you do the calibration.
2017-11-22
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-11-22 06:28
Try reinstalling the firmware and make sure you're away from any metal (including on your person) when you do the calibration.

In other word, you need to to go to an open field nekid to do the "Cal Dance".
2017-11-22
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-11-22 07:11
In other word, you need to to go to an open field nekid to do the "Cal Dance".

That's what I do
2017-11-22
Use props
m4jp
lvl.3
United States

Will definitely try that tomorrow on Turkey day. Thanks and will let you how it turns out.
2017-11-22
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

m4jp Posted at 2017-11-22 07:28
Will definitely try that tomorrow on Turkey day. Thanks and will let you how it turns out.

Make sure you're nekid.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the replies above, please try to restart the drone several times, and try to refresh the firmware. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-11-23
Use props
Itsfaultyagain!
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 780285 ft
South Africa

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-11-23
Use props
m4jp
lvl.3
United States

I have tried what others suggested in this thread to do the compass & imu calibration in an open field (on the beach & "nekid" : no metal items on body), and no luck in resolving the problem. I did the IMU calibration and after it completed, I restarted the Mavic. Did this several times (at least 5 times). The GYRO2 data error still appears on the DJI Go4 app. The compass calibration did not work either. It never change the instruction on the screen while rotating the drone counter clockwise. This is bad. I was hoping on use the mavic on my vacation in a couple of weeks. I bought the drone from dji.com and I guess I need to get a replacement since it is still under warranty. I just got it 3 days ago and guess this one is a "lemon". Will let everyone know the outcome. Hopefully I could get a replacement soon.

imu_error.jpg
compassCalibration.jpg
2017-11-23
Use props
asunaro_rocks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 714977 ft
Hong Kong

I bought a new one last week and had the similar problem. Mine was showing calibration failed instead of error. Do you use an android phone or iphone? I brought back to the flag ship store in HK and they did an calibration for me and it got no problems. What they use is an ipad and I use an android phone. They told me that it should be a compatible problem with my phone and asked me to use an ipad or iphone to do calibration next time. BTW, I just flied my drone this morning and it works perfect.
2017-11-24
Use props
m4jp
lvl.3
United States

Hi Asunaro_rocks,

I actually started with an Ipad Air2 to do the calibration, but also did it with my Samsung S5 later. Both did not resolve the calibration error. Thanks for anyway for the suggestion.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

m4jp Posted at 2017-11-24 06:25
Hi Asunaro_rocks,

I actually started with an Ipad Air2 to do the calibration, but also did it with my Samsung S5 later. Both did not resolve the calibration error. Thanks for anyway for the suggestion.

Hi there, got your PM, had you sent the drone back? If yes, you can provide me with your case number, I would like to keep an eye on it.
2017-11-27
Use props
m4jp
lvl.3
United States

Hi,

Just an update. Sent back my drone for repair or replacement on Nov 27, 2017 to somewhere in Cerritos, California. Let us see what happens.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

m4jp Posted at 2017-11-30 10:32
Hi,

Just an update. Sent back my drone for repair or replacement on Nov 27, 2017 to somewhere in Cerritos, California. Let us see what happens.

Got your PM and noted with thanks, hope you can get the drone back soon.
2017-12-1
Use props
m4jp
lvl.3
United States

Got back my Mavic yesterday. Seems the issue has been fixed. Not sure if I got a new one or a refurbished, but the serial number is different from the one I sent. Will do the first flight as soon as the weather cooperate. The whole process took 4 weeks, from the day I sent it to DJI until I got it back. I updated all software & firmware with no issues.
2017-12-23
Use props
djiuser_qr19TJ3
New
India

Oh no! It can't be fixed without sending back the drone?

I am facing the exact same issue. Haven't done even a single flight! It started acting up as soon as I upgraded the firmware (calibration worked fine before the upgrade).

Raised an issue. Bought the drone in HK and am in India now, so not sure where I have to send it for servicing...
2017-12-25
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

So djiuser if it worked before fw upgrade try to reflash fw  maybe all of it didnt flash right or was corrupted ....ive seen my share of refresh fw fix things
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules