Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPhone X and your Mavik
1804 17 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Folks - please excuse this post if there is another thread about this (I can't see it ). I've just taken delivery of an iPhone X 64GB - it has some lovely features and seems nice and fast. The screen is just a little narrower than my older 6 Plus.
I'm still waiting on my MPP to be delivered so am a complete newbie. Trying to get everything set up in the meantime.
Anyone out there using this combination already? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

The iPhone X hasn't been fully tested with our products so there is no guarantee currently that it will work flawlessly. Your input here is going to be really helpful for other users on the forum!
2017-11-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks dji joe for this information as I was thinking of upgrading .
2017-11-22
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-11-22 10:39
The iPhone X hasn't been fully tested with our products so there is no guarantee currently that it will work flawlessly. Your input here is going to be really helpful for other users on the forum!

LOL - good thing I opted for the refresh package, I can see my new MPP (when it finally arrives, DJI Joe!) flying off into the sunset! Fingers crossed I don't get any odd iPhone X glitches. Looking forward to hearing about anyone's experiences.
2017-11-22
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

MavikMatt Posted at 2017-11-22 11:22
LOL - good thing I opted for the refresh package, I can see my new MPP (when it finally arrives, DJI Joe!) flying off into the sunset! Fingers crossed I don't get any odd iPhone X glitches. Looking forward to hearing about anyone's experiences.

Lots of posts here, though the forum software doesn't make them so easy to find -- Google does, though!

https://www.google.com/search?q= ... w=1519&bih=1242
2017-11-22
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh yes - thanks! Looks like the key thing here is the iPhone X is supported and DJO developers take advantage of the elongated screen by moving the controls and status icons from the left and right edge of the video feed and into these empty spaces. Could be a great job if it is done well!
2017-11-22
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Well, I haven't got an iPhone X, but since it runs on the same iOS as older models it should work (or at least 95% sure it should). I know DJI GO 4 works fine in iOS 11 on my iPhone 6.
You may get a little bit of stuff just out of your view since the Mavic Pro remote goes around the outer edges. Not sure how much exactly, and how/if this will affect usability. Some options are already on the edge of my screen, but then again, I've got place for the controller to grab the phone, without getting close to the screen.
I'm looking forward to seeing your experience here. Have fun when the Mavic lands at your doorstep!
2017-11-22
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wimped out and sent it back - the final bill was £1239, which is silly - I can buy an accessory screen AND a Spark for that money!
2017-11-25
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys - by way of update - my new MPP won't talk to my iPhone 6S Plus. I see on here that a similar issue is happening with the iPhone X.  I wonder if I'll get this up in the air before Christmas?
2017-11-27
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmm - reset iPhone via iTunes (advised on other forum posts here) and I seem to be connected. Using USB iPhone cable. Will try DJI cable when updates completed.
2017-11-27
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Iphone X working wonderfully for me so far.  I've been using for about 2 weeks with my Spark and Mavic Pro and no issues.
2017-11-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPhone X 256gb works great,no issues 11.2 beta 4....
2017-11-27
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Had the iPhone X from launch day and not had any problems with the Mavic.
2017-11-27
Use props
fanse3d56fd6
lvl.1
Thailand

Issue:
iPhone X iOS 11.1.2 (latest)
dji Mavic Pro with latest firmware
dji Go version 4.1.18 (latest)  
Everything worked fine with my iPhone 6s Plus. It still works fine with my iPad Pro 10.5

iPhone X will NOT connect to the remote controller, and will NOT scan the QR code

Tried both cables: Short cable from iPhone’s lightning plug to the RC side port and a USB cable to the port on the bottom (where the iPad connects):  
New iPhone X will not connect but the iPad Pro 10.5/6s Plus works fine, so it looks like it’s a problem with iPhone X  

Help? Suggestions?
2017-11-27
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanse3d56fd6 Posted at 2017-11-27 16:12
Issue:
iPhone X iOS 11.1.2 (latest)
dji Mavic Pro with latest firmware

Sorry to hear. I had same issue with my 6S Plus. Solved by doing restore via iTunes. I had only just restored it having handed back my iPhone X (I will wait for the X plus next year).

I know you'll have only just set up your iPhone X, but all I can say is the restore worked for me in similar circumstances. There must be a glitch in the IOS somewhere. Its a pain, but worth trying on yours.  It's taken me two days just to put all the bank and App passwords back on!!
2017-11-29
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My wife has just taken delivery of an iPhone 8+ with 64 GB of RAM. Wonder if she'd notice if I swapped it with my 6S :-)
2017-12-18
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

MavikMatt Posted at 2017-12-18 13:27
My wife has just taken delivery of an iPhone 8+ with 64 GB of RAM. Wonder if she'd notice if I swapped it with my 6S :-)

64GB RAM? Special Edition?
2017-12-18
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oops - ha ha - you know what I mean. Apparently the 8+ has 3 GB RAM? 64GB capacity. The point is she quite likes it now.  I'm still going to have to wait for the X+ next year :-)
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules