Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPhone X + Osmo Mobile + Bluetooth problems
12Next >
14860 40 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9xvN4BS
New

United States

Does DJI plan to patch the iPhone X and bluetooth incompatiblity problems soon? My Osmo Mobile does not stay connected via bluetooth. It will connect then disconnect then connect then disconnect over and over.

How am I supposed to use my Osmo Mobile with my iPhone X??? All devices have the latest software for the DJI Go App + latest firmware on the Osmo Mobile.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please make sure other Bluetooth has been closed when you connect to Osmo Mobile.
You must remove the case of iPhone X when mount it to Omso Mobile.
Besides, please try to close ''Mobile phone detect'' in gimbal settings.
Please let us know if the problem persists.
2017-11-22
Use props
SprayingMango
New

United States

The problem is still there. Bluetooth connects and disconnects continuously on my iPhone X. I even tricked the Osmo Mobile to test it by connecting my iPad Pro via Bluetooth and putting my iPhone X in the gimbal. It stayed connected just fine via bluetooth to my iPad Pro. There is clearly an issue with Bluetooth chipsets in the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X and the DJI Go app + Osmo Mobile.
2017-11-24
Use props
fansb6aff12f
New
United States

SprayingMango Posted at 2017-11-24 11:52
The problem is still there. Bluetooth connects and disconnects continuously on my iPhone X. I even tricked the Osmo Mobile to test it by connecting my iPad Pro via Bluetooth and putting my iPhone X in the gimbal. It stayed connected just fine via bluetooth to my iPad Pro. There is clearly an issue with Bluetooth chipsets in the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X and the DJI Go app + Osmo Mobile.

I have the same problem. Everything was working before upgrading to the latest firmware.
2017-11-27
Use props
fansb6aff12f
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-22 22:23
Please make sure other Bluetooth has been closed when you connect to Osmo Mobile.

I can't access the gimbal settings because it says my phone is not connected.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans58d89f1c
New
Flight distance : 8346 ft
Canada

I'm having the same problem.
My Osmo came in the mail yesterday and I haven't even been able to get it working. This is ridiculous -____-
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI MM
New
United States

fansb6aff12f Posted at 2017-11-27 18:44

When you say to make sure other blutooth has been closed, do you mean to disconnect other blutooth devices? I just have my phone connected to my apple watch and a tile device.
2017-11-28
Use props
solal
New
France

I have exactly the same problem. This evening I discovered that an upgrade was available for my Osmo mobile received one week ago.
With the DJI GO running at the latest version on my Iphone X, with the original firmware installed as delivered, everything worked correctly.
After my upgrade to the last firmware version, the blutooth connection fall non stop.
Additionally, the triple pression on the trigger and the zoom fuinction are no more working.

Before DJI correct this huge problems, is it possible to flash the last working fimware (I really hope) ? How please?
2017-11-29
Use props
behyc
New
Malaysia

solal Posted at 2017-11-29 13:43
I have exactly the same problem. This evening I discovered that an upgrade was available for my Osmo mobile received one week ago.
With the DJI GO running at the latest version on my Iphone X, with the original firmware installed as delivered, everything worked correctly.
After my upgrade to the last firmware version, the blutooth connection fall non stop.

I have the same problem, i got iphone X yesterday and been awhile since i use the Osmo Mobile on my iphone 6s plus due to the weight that osmo mobile can't support. When i Launch the DJI Go app and connect to my Osmo Mobile it says there's a firmware upgrade. When it's upgrading it failed, next thing i notice is my Osmo Mobile powered on with solid red light and bluetooth light wasn't lid up at all. Iphone X shows it's connected to the Osmo Mobile, DJI Go App isn't showing connected, tried connecting through the DJI Go app it was able to but just for a few sec. During its connection was successful, the Osmo Mobile bluetooth light is still not lid up.

This is really frustrating~
2017-11-30
Use props
behyc
New
Singapore

fansb6aff12f Posted at 2017-11-27 18:44

I'm facing the same issue as well...i hope DJI has a solution quick...

Besides that with Iphone X ability for 4k 60fps i think DJI Go app need to have that as well as now it's max at 4k 30fps
2017-11-30
Use props
Seven Oaks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191952 ft
United States

I can get it to connect with BT but I cant find my Osmo when I go into the Go App.  It lists all the drones but not the Osmo.   Also, I put the phone in the Osmo and turned it on and it didn’t set itself or anything.  I am lost with this thing.  
2017-11-30
Use props
Seven Oaks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191952 ft
United States

2017-11-30
Use props
fans7075ff8c
lvl.1
United States

I am working fine with my iPhone X and Osmo Mobile with the iPhone out of my case. Seems odd as my case is a very minimal case.
2017-12-2
Use props
behyc
New
Malaysia

Seven Oaks Posted at 2017-11-30 19:26
I can get it to connect with BT but I cant find my Osmo when I go into the Go App.  It lists all the drones but not the Osmo.   Also, I put the phone in the Osmo and turned it on and it didn’t set itself or anything.  I am lost with this thing.  [view_image]

for IOS on iphone it does listed at least for me...
2017-12-2
Use props
Leaf4life
New
Canada

Any update on this issue? I have the same issue , it is frustrating. Just bought a Osmo Mobile and it doesn't want to pair with iPhone X.
@Admins, can some one please give us an update on this?
Thanks
2017-12-26
Use props
fansee90b638
New
United Kingdom

I have the same issue... please fix or advise when fix will be available!!
2017-12-26
Use props
asafg
New
Turkey

I have the same problem as well, using Osmo Mobile and iPhoneX in combination seems to run into issues. The gimbal's stabilization turns off in 10-15 seconds after powering on.
2017-12-26
Use props
djiuser_h1XQbtT
lvl.1
Singapore

There is no need to switch on Bluetooth to get baseline functionality. I am using iPhone X with leather cover and it works well.
2017-12-27
Use props
fansee90b638
New
United Kingdom

You can’t use any of the buttons on the osmo except for the joystick without Bluetooth... that’s not acceptable...
2017-12-27
Use props
fansee90b638
New
United Kingdom

Seems the initial suggestion by DJIMindy has worked. The Bluetooth connection now works on my iPhone X when I’ve removed the case... can’t understand why that would have an impact though...
2017-12-27
Use props
djiuser_h1XQbtT
lvl.1
Singapore

Could it be related to the iPhone X glass back; the device can’t detect a phone or something. Someone suggested pasting a piece of paper there. There is also a setting on the DJI app that disables this.
2017-12-29
Use props
Krid
New
United Kingdom

The glass back doesn't seem the problem, the iPhone X - at least mine - is flawlessly detected by Bluetooth.
2017-12-30
Use props
Long_Time__DJI
New
Flight distance : 32448 ft
United States

seeing something similar. Not having as many issues with my Galaxy s7 but pretty consistent app crash and disconnect on the IPHONE app.
2018-1-1
Use props
fans066c5787
lvl.1

Spain

I’m thinking to buy the new Osmo 2 and I’m a proud owner of iPhone X. Everybody with and iPhone X do they has the same problem ? I don’t want to remove the case every time I have to use the gimbal, and maybe I has to consider other options.

Tx folks !
2018-1-10
Use props
capmax
lvl.1
France

work with the moment lens case ? ... i have two spigen case and the iphone X isn't deteted with them
2018-1-11
Use props
EnMoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209957 ft
Colombia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-22 22:23

Today my iphone x stop working with the osmo mobile, wont connect via USB, try with my old iphe 7 plus and works perfect
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

EnMoto Posted at 2018-1-27 14:25
Today my iphone x stop working with the osmo mobile, wont connect via USB, try with my old iphe 7 plus and works perfect

May I know what does that mean via USB? iPhone X connects to Osmo Mobile via Bluetooth. Can you search for Bluetooth in DJI Go APP? Have you closed all other Bluetooth?
2018-1-29
Use props
Peter (NL)
lvl.1

Netherlands

The "iPhone X"-problem is in the firmware PERIOD !!
Yes it is possible that you have to remove the case
Yes it is possible that you have to close connections with other phones
BUT... that is not the problem here.
It worked PERFECTLY FINE with an older firmware version.
Please let us know if DJI is doing something about that or at least if it is possible to go back to an older firmware?
2018-2-10
Use props
momeyer
New
United Arab Emirates

I had the same problem. Bluetooth worked fine to start with, but then suddenly stopped working. Nothing helped, I tried all the hints above. Then I removed all other bluetooth devices (I just took them out of range), and the DJI GO App and the OSMO 2 connected immediately. I think it was the Tile that caused the problem, but will need to do more testing before I am sure.
2018-3-22
Use props
FromVietnam
New
Vietnam

momeyer Posted at 2018-3-22 07:29
I had the same problem. Bluetooth worked fine to start with, but then suddenly stopped working. Nothing helped, I tried all the hints above. Then I removed all other bluetooth devices (I just took them out of range), and the DJI GO App and the OSMO 2 connected immediately. I think it was the Tile that caused the problem, but will need to do more testing before I am sure.

I have same problem! It worked fine with old firmware version. But after update,  my Iphone X connected to Osmo mobile but it does not work. I can not take picture or record video when press button on osmo mobile. But it works fine with my ipad.
Please help me!
2018-3-22
Use props
momeyer
New
United Arab Emirates

momeyer Posted at 2018-3-22 07:29

This was with the iPhone X and the OSMO 2
2018-3-23
Use props
Adem O'Byrne
lvl.1
Canada

momeyer Posted at 2018-3-23 01:20
This was with the iPhone X and the OSMO 2

Yes, but I am having the same concern with my iPhone 8+ which is very similar to the X in terms of features. I think DJI's firmware needs to be updated so it will work. And soon! Snowboarding season is almost over!
2018-3-24
Use props
fans5d46dec2
New
Flight distance : 137881 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Saya menggunakan iphone x ver 11.3 dan baru kemarin saya membeli dji osmo mobile 2 dan ternyata saya mendapat masalah tidak bisa terhubung ke dji pergi, sementara di bluetooth sudah terhubung, sedanfkan saya coba di samsung s9 + no problem,
adakahyang dapat membantu saya
2018-4-4
Use props
fans5d46dec2
New
Flight distance : 137881 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I use iphone x ver 11.3 and just yesterday I bought dji osmo mobile 2 and it turns out i get problem can not connect to dji go while in bluetooth already connected, whereas i try on samsung s9 + no problem,
can anyone help me
2018-4-4
Use props
ADrivingKoala
lvl.1

Hello,

Has DJI ever responded to this issue? I am experiencing the same issue with my iPhone X. The OSMO Mobile 2 will connect and show the battery life for both the phone and OSMO on the camera part of the app and then it will disappear and show the bluetooth not connected. I can only get the gimbal working 1 out of every 20-30 tries...

This is without a Case as well.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Please make sure you are using DJI GO App not DJI GO 4 App, Just let us know if the issue persist. Thank you
2018-5-22
Use props
micky1982
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-22 10:42
Please make sure you are using DJI GO App not DJI GO 4 App, Just let us know if the issue persist. Thank you

im having the same issue too. i have DJI Go and not the 4, keeps saying to reboot it. not working at all!!!!!!!!!
2018-9-20
Use props
micky1982
lvl.1

United States

Fix it!!!!! Fix it now!!!!!!
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

micky1982 Posted at 2018-9-20 20:40
im having the same issue too. i have DJI Go and not the 4, keeps saying to reboot it. not working at all!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Would it be possible if you can provide a screenshot of this issue? Did you check if there are other devices that used a bluetooth connection aside from your device and Osmo mobile 2? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-23
Use props
green hill bill
New

United States

I had same issue...worked great with iPhone 6 and 8 ...now I have the XS max and no bluetooth..it connects on phone but not in App.  but i went to all my apps in settings, opened the DJI APP in Settings (not app on home screen) and it had settings for bluetooth there and that was off..I turned it on then went back to the app and it recognised the Osmo 2...Yay..its working now..
2020-4-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules