41795 35 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hey, guys. DJI Grace here! The following contect origins from: BUYINGGUIDES, bringing you much closer to Goggles RE
DJI Goggles RE Hands-On: Unboxing & First Look

1. Unboxing & first look
The DJI Goggles Racing Edition (RE) are finally here, but are they worth the wait? Here’s a first look and unboxing for DJI’s newer, better looking, and even more comfortable goggles.

▲ On opening the box, you’ll see the Goggles body, headband, and charger, which is variable by region.

▲ In the middle of the box at the bottom is another smaller box containing a Micro USB cable, HDMI cable, wire clip, reversed SMA connector, and Pagoda antenna (SMA interface).

2. So what’s new?Appearance
First things first, the DJI Goggles RE are an entirely different color than before appearing in a metallic matte black finish with a redesigned visor and headband.

The included Pagoda antenna can switch between digital and analog transmission for a multitude of applications and scenarios and is used primarily for FPV racing.

Red Leather
One striking difference is the all-new, high-quality red leather padding lining the inside of the headband. The original DJI Goggles were comfortable, but this is next-level stuff.

Functional Improvements

The DJI Goggles RE retain every function of the original DJI Goggles and are compatible with all DJI drones for FPV immersive flight. That means they’re also great for movie watching or console gaming from the comfort of your sofa.
But if the name hasn’t given it away already, the DJI Goggles RE have been precisely engineered and designed with FPV drone racing in mind.

The DJI Goggles RE are compatible with an OcuSync video transmission module and a high-performance camera module, which work in tandem to transmit the digital video signal from up to 7 km away but with latency as low as 50 ms.
The DJI Goggles RE are also compatible with two other antennas. The cylindrical antenna produces a more focused signal, which is good for long-range transmission. The dipole antenna is ideal for omnidirectional flight, enabling sharper FPV feeds in wide open spaces. Both are sold separately.
DJI Goggles vs. DJI Goggles RE, Which one to buy?

Depends on what you want to do with them, really. Buy the original pair if you want all the normal functionality of a pair of high-end goggles. With your budget in mind, the original pair are now $100 cheaper.
Or why not be seduced by the newer new DJI Goggles RE? Sure, the new color and comfy red leather are alluring, but you might just be the type of person itching to race drones in the best possible FPV way. In which case it’s obvious what pair of goggles to go for.

DJI Goggles Racing Edition F&QWhat are the main differences between DJI Goggles Racing Edition (RE) and DJI Goggles?
DJI Goggles RE feature a redesigned facial pad and headband, making them even more comfortable to wear. In addition to all the functions of DJI Googles, DJI Goggles RE also support Sphere pano photo viewing and local video playback. DJI Goggles RE also work with the DJI OcuSync Air Unit and can receive analog video signal.
Which DJI drones are compatible with DJI Goggles RE?
DJI Goggles RE work with all the DJI drones compatible with the original DJI Goggles, including the Spark, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Series, and Inspire 2.
What’s the SMA port on the body of the Goggles RE for?
In addition to the four antennas built into the original DJI Goggles, DJI Goggles RE are also compatible with external antennas, which work with the built-in ones to support 5.8 GHz video transmission. The external antennas connect to the SMA port on the Goggles’ body.
What video formats do DJI Goggles RE support?
MP4, MOV, MKV
Do DJI Goggles RE support any third-party flight controllers or remote controllers?
Yes.
Supported flight controllers: KISS, F3, F4, and Naze
Supported remote controllers: X9D (FrSky), DEVO 10 (Walkera), T8FG (Futaba), T14SG (Futaba), WTF09sll (WFLY), and AT9S (RadioLink)
How can I view Sphere pano photos with DJI Goggles RE?
1. Sphere panos on SkyPixel can be downloaded to an SD card and viewed with Goggles in the Local Storage interface.
2. If Sphere panos are saved to a DJI aircraft, you can download the photos to Goggles RE from Aircraft Storage then view them in the Local Storage interface.
3. To view Sphere photos from a PC directly, go to http://www.skypixel.com and download them via DJI Assistant. Then you can view the photos in the Local Storage interface.

2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hey, dear DJI Goggles users
Please Click here to get more information about Goggles RE. The FAQs are well illustrated.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=121346
2017-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks very nice!
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Did you join the win free points activity? Didn't see you
2017-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-23 00:41

Where?
The black friday thing?
2017-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-23 00:41

I just did
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

2017-11-23
Use props
Mavic & Goggle
lvl.1
France

IS OCUSYNC Module is compatible with dji Goggle 1 white?
thanks
2017-11-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want a pair, these look awesome.
2017-11-23
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Nice in Black the White ones I never liked.

Does the app crash?  ;)  If not, why not?  ;)
2017-11-23
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

nice, a good option for those who want to enter slowly into the racing sport
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mavic & Goggle Posted at 2017-11-23 01:33
IS OCUSYNC Module is compatible with dji Goggle 1 white?
thanks

Sorry, it can not be compatible for DJI Goggles 1 White
2017-11-23
Use props
Mavic & Goggle
lvl.1
France

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-23 18:55

ARE you shure!! , I think you have to talk with a real technicien.
for my Phantom3  advanced, DJI have sead to me that it was impossible to put a 4K camera on it ...
And I do it It's work very well!
I think YOU answer at questions but you don't know realy !!!!
2017-11-24
Use props
Mavic & Goggle
lvl.1
France

Mavic & Goggle Posted at 2017-11-24 00:26
ARE you shure!! , I think you have to talk with a real technicien.
for my Phantom3  advanced, DJI have sead to me that it was impossible to put a 4K camera on it ...
And I do it It's work very well!

if DJI materiel is not compatible after 1year WHY BUY IT ....
PREFER Blue SOLUTION or Prosight
Dji juste want make more money possible
2017-11-24
Use props
Mavic & Goggle
lvl.1
France

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-23 18:55

WHY it do not compatible ???
because it s not the same Ocusync that is build in MAVIC pro
BEtter or lower quatlity ?
It s shure that Dji Will never answer !!
2017-11-24
Use props
Raider_4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295925 ft
United States

On my wish list for sure...
2017-11-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic & Goggle Posted at 2017-11-24 04:36
WHY it do not compatible ???
because it s not the same Ocusync that is build in MAVIC pro
BEtter or lower quatlity ?

It actually says that RE is compatible with Mavic Occusync. So I guess we will really find out when it ships.

I'm on the Advise me when available list and am eager and ready.
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-11-24 22:57
Almost ordered the originals last week.  Glad I waited.  Ordered!

share more with us your experience with that!
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-11-27 17:15
I will.  Replacement Alpine Mavic & new black goggles.  So excited!

2017-11-27
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Grace..I have a question...so if I have an S1000 with a 5.8 FPV camera on it, am I understanding that the RE will be able to receive the transmission? In other words can I put my FatSharks down and use this?
2017-12-5
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

So nice! I just got the normal ones discounted thanks to the new ones
2017-12-8
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

When will distributors start receiving stock?

I've ordered and am anxiously awaiting!

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-12-8 19:01
When will distributors start receiving stock?

I've ordered and am anxiously awaiting!

Hey Todd, we are not sure the estimated time frame of local distributors. Please try to contact them to check the exact status.
2017-12-10
Use props
fans93670f74
New
United States

My goggle re showed up early arriving this morning. Just updated all the firmware on my Mavic and got them linked.  Looks pretty cool but I think I need to visit my eye doctor so I can read the small text;( Will try the goggles out tomorrow with my Mavic.  The bundle came with the carry more backpack.  Anyone have a pic of how you set up the pack?  Can't figure out how to pack everything with the big head ring.
2017-12-11
Use props
rustydiver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1899895 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just had mine turn up today. Ordered from a Hobby Mounts in the uk Ordered yesterday arrived this morning. Great service.
He sent me a photo with an idea off the backpack.
2017-12-12
Use props
rustydiver
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I haven't got much time to try them out plus its too blooming cold, will have a play later tonight.
2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

WoW Beauty !!
2017-12-12
Use props
rustydiver
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im sort off struggling to pack the bag, the headband fits in the back pocket but is to thick to zip the bag up. Will move all the dividers around to see a better way of doing it tomorrow.
2017-12-12
Use props
fans94a5fa8a
New

British Virgin Islands

HOW do I get a verification number????
2017-12-25
Use props
Mr. Stow
lvl.2

Austria

Does somebody own both the DJI Goggles and the racing Goggles?
I would like to know firsthand experiences and if you can really "feel" any remarkable differences?
2018-3-12
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

After having the RE googles for 3 weeks I finally activated and connected them to my Mavic Pro.  Wow these are going to be fun to fly with.  Snow has to melt a bit more before this will happen.  Its really bizarre to hold your mavic in front of you and walk around.
For the next model I suggest putting a camera in the front that gives normal eyesight view. A button would switch from drone view to head view.  This would let people with corrective lenses or glasses to see world view and drone view in focus.  Flipping the goggles up doesn't give people with corrective lenses a clear view of the world.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-3-28 11:04
After having the RE googles for 3 weeks I finally activated and connected them to my Mavic Pro.  Wow these are going to be fun to fly with.  Snow has to melt a bit more before this will happen.  Its really bizarre to hold your mavic in front of you and walk around.
For the next model I suggest putting a camera in the front that gives normal eyesight view. A button would switch from drone view to head view.  This would let people with corrective lenses or glasses to see world view and drone view in focus.  Flipping the goggles up doesn't give people with corrective lenses a clear view of the world.

Thank you for sharing this!
2018-3-28
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Awesome.this looks like good quality Goggles.  I would love to try it out   
2018-7-27
Use props
Aylok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19436 ft
Australia

Hi,
I found these goggles are very disappointing. The small wedge screwed to the top to cover my forehead broke off as the screw was fixed through very thin plastic that was even thinner where it broke (the washer shaped plastic rim around the small screw). It does not fix to my head well at all and moves around causing great flying risks. The head tracking is far too latent and over shoots, and the video is of poor quality and it pixilates and jumps when flying. The light shroud actually blocks the view of the very corners of the screen which is disappointingly small and not an immersive experience at all with no peripheral views, and light enters from the sides of the shroud ruining the visuals. There is also reflection within the screen from the video. The whole experience is similar to Cardboard VR using a phone screen close to your face, very disappointing. The menu and touch-pad is also difficult to use while in flight. I have bought several accessories for them which I will now have no use for, as I am going to return these goggles for a refund. This product is very overrated in the DJI adds. Not sure what everyone is going on about it being an immersive experience, more like looking at your phone screen very closely in cardboard goggles except they are more like having an over sized welding helmet on your head. Love my other DJI products but found these to be a big let down. Anyone on here disagree ? : )
2019-1-2
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Aylok Posted at 1-2 20:10
Hi,
I found these goggles are very disappointing. The small wedge screwed to the top to cover my forehead broke off as the screw was fixed through very thin plastic that was even thinner where it broke (the washer shaped plastic rim around the small screw). It does not fix to my head well at all and moves around causing great flying risks. The head tracking is far too latent and over shoots, and the video is of poor quality and it pixilates and jumps when flying. The light shroud actually blocks the view of the very corners of the screen which is disappointingly small and not an immersive experience at all with no peripheral views, and light enters from the sides of the shroud ruining the visuals. There is also reflection within the screen from the video. The whole experience is similar to Cardboard VR using a phone screen close to your face, very disappointing. The menu and touch-pad is also difficult to use while in flight. I have bought several accessories for them which I will now have no use for, as I am going to return these goggles for a refund. This product is very overrated in the DJI adds. Not sure what everyone is going on about it being an immersive experience, more like looking at your phone screen very closely in cardboard goggles except they are more like having an over sized welding helmet on your head. Love my other DJI products but found these to be a big let down. Anyone on here disagree ? : )

do you have the RE version or what? we need more data to answer your question accurately.
2019-5-7
Use props
fansa48d4195
New
China

DJI no longer sells DJI Goggles RE? I do not see him on the site for sale. Does anyone have this information? Thank you
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules