New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (23/11/2017)
64790 348 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SMODomite
lvl.1

United States

Tried cancelling my order 7 hours after placing it, was told a cancellation request was put in, and was just notified that it shipped instead. Now I am told I have to refuse the package, but they cannot provide me tracking info yet because it hasn't actually shipped yet, but they still can't do anything to cancel the order. I gotta tell ya, with this being my first customer service experience with this company, they may not be for me. Absolutely crazy, going tohave over $1,200 tied up for at least 3 weeks, all right before Christmas. Great.
2017-11-27
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

I got my MP from eglobalcentral .fr  ignore the .fr they are based in HK  after I purchased a Combo package for 1109 euro ( 1109 euro   ) I then came across the bad reviews etc.

I panicked, they told me it had been shipped, it had not as DHL confirmed, so I put in a complaint and also got DHL in on it, suddenly I had a track number, started at London, then on to Spain and then to me in France.  

It arrived in 5 days as stated.  Perfect condition, all was tickety boo.  I believe because I caused a fuss from the beginning.  Great price, great delivery and product fine, yet would I ever buy there again, I think not.

It was those first 3 days of no communication at all and a lie when they did.  Then two days later it's at my door because DHL were involved.  Go figure.
The Mavic pro Fly more combo is currently at 1054 euro at the site I mentioned, good luck. if you have nerves of steel lol.

I checked the date on mine when it arrived thinking all was too good to be true.

mavic-date.PNG
2017-11-27
Use props
GovGeek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88980 ft
United States

Once I downgraded the DJIGo4 app from 4.1.18 to 4.1.15, I was able to fly again.
2017-11-27
Use props
GovGeek
lvl.1
United States

Slipknot79 Posted at 2017-11-24 07:26
4.1.18 doenst work with galaxy s4 and s5.

Deinstall and install 4.1.15.

I have a Note3 and I did downgrade to 4.1.15 and it worked. Interestingly, my LG V20 is at 4.1.15 and exhibiting the same video corruption.
2017-11-27
Use props
GovGeek
lvl.1
United States

4WhpGsYNQxeQ Posted at 2017-11-23 21:18
I updated my DJI Go 4 app and firmware today and as a result my Mavic is grounded. Symptoms are exactly the same as reported by GovGeek. Video link is essentially non-functional. I tried refreshing the R/C and Mavic firmware but no change.

With this "upgrade" I see we can no longer revert back to the previous firmware version so I am stuck until there is a fix.

I went back to DJIGo4 app version 4.1.15 and I was able to fly again.
2017-11-27
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

I did the same and all ok.

Some has said the 4110 app is even better regarding the video latency.
2017-11-27
Use props
RcBachelor
lvl.1
Germany

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-11-23 05:22
Anyone update firmware and stable?

Yes I try and now it does not longer send pics and video to my Samsung Note 4 !! I still send video demos to DJI today. But they will look tommorrow maybe. The live Video over usb to Handy is unuseable and the phone will be empty in about 13 minutes and about 70-80 degrees hot!

It is a joke that DJI did not test before they give an update. Shame DJI!
2017-11-27
Use props
RcBachelor
lvl.1
Germany

GovGeek Posted at 2017-11-27 10:18
Once I downgraded the DJIGo4 app from 4.1.18 to 4.1.15, I was able to fly again.

How can I downgrade? to 4.1.15
2017-11-27
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Uninstall the app and get the one you want from a apk mirror.

I tried to upload the file but maybe against forum rules.

www.apkmirror.com and search.

Hope that is allowed here.

2017-11-27
Use props
AlejandroCalori
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18530 ft

Argentina

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2017-11-27 11:38
Uninstall the app and get the one you want from a apk mirror.

I tried to upload the file but maybe against forum rules.

It should be, since there's no reply from the Devs.
2017-11-27
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

AlejandroCalori Posted at 2017-11-27 11:51
It should be, since there's no reply from the Devs.

Lack of response and care is bewildering, but it is China.
2017-11-27
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Said before, they are on another planet.
2017-11-27
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just got my Mavic last week.

Went to do a quick power up test this evening.

Everything seemed ok apart from the FPV feed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  Basically it's totally unusable, very pixelated, laggy, and the phone appeared to get rather warm during the 5 minutes or so it was all powered up for.  The phone has the latest version of GO4 installed and is running the latest Samsung software, the Mavic and controller have not been updated yet and are on factory FW.  My Mavic's build date was August 2017.

What on earth is going on with this DJI??  I used to use my Note 4 with my P3A and it was totally flawless and the Note 4 IS an approved device for the Mavic.

We've got rubbish weather down here at the moment so I doubt I'll get chance to fly for a while so in the meantime can you please look into this Android issue.
2017-11-27
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just did a test with 4.1.15, worked perfectly!  No pixelation, no discernible lag.  Phone was a bit warm but I've had that before on the P3A.

So what on earth have DJI done in 4.1.18??

Are you working on the issues DJI??
2017-11-27
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I had no issues on the firmware updates and test flight with S8 Samsung was excellent I took 4 180 panos and pleased with the outcome.
I have stitched photos from my Canon cameras for several years and must say this is pretty good. Some one talked about 'Crap' pano. There are sensible rules about stitching - avoid extremes of light, avoid hard straight lines. Because there will be quite a degree of lens distortion, particularly with wide angle lenses, the resulting photo will have very obvious distortion. I once did a stitch of a wooden bridge between two rock faces, and could not get all the bridge struts etc to align.
Anyway, have fun trying and we will all like to hear the success and the not so successful outcomes. Saying something is 'Crap' is not useful. Saying what disappointed helps us all learn and avoid making the same mistake.
For me I am quite satisfied. Pano down loaded to S8 successfully as well.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans4f065f43
New

United States

This update and the last one has done nothing but caused me problems... Ive been faithful at updating all firmware release... But this will be my last. I almost had a fly away just a few moments ago. I use a S7 Edge Samsung. Everything has been working perfect until the last 2 updates. Video issues in Regular transmission modes. Had to change to smooth transmission to remove the new lag!  Also remote control link issues. Was literally 20 feet away from myself and about 40 feet in the air... DJI GO App crashed, remote control signal lost and would not relink. Mavic went into landing mode 20 feet away from where it took off. Luckily it landed in grass and not in a tree. How do i install older firmware on my Mavic setup??  Please Help!
2017-11-27
Use props
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

fans4f065f43 Posted at 2017-11-27 15:54
This update and the last one has done nothing but caused me problems... Ive been faithful at updating all firmware release... But this will be my last. I almost had a fly away just a few moments ago. I use a S7 Edge Samsung. Everything has been working perfect until the last 2 updates. Video issues in Regular transmission modes. Had to change to smooth transmission to remove the new lag!  Also remote control link issues. Was literally 20 feet away from myself and about 40 feet in the air... DJI GO App crashed, remote control signal lost and would not relink. Mavic went into landing mode 20 feet away from where it took off. Luckily it landed in grass and not in a tree. How do i install older firmware on my Mavic setup??  Please Help!

you cant.. once you are on 4.0100 you cant go back. I have the connection issue (app wont connect to the drone) and i need this sh**tty drone for tomorrow (real estate job) what a joke. If its not fixed by tomorrow Im sending it in for a refund.
2017-11-27
Use props
jd_
New

United States

stivan Posted at 2017-11-27 16:37
you cant.. once you are on 4.0100 you cant go back. I have the connection issue (app wont connect to the drone) and i need this sh**tty drone for tomorrow (real estate job) what a joke. If its not fixed by tomorrow Im sending it in for a refund.

OMG! That sucks so bad. They should have a way to roll the firmware back. Let me research some other forms about rolling it back and if i find something i will surly let you know brother.
2017-11-27
Use props
stivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1965 ft
Panama

jd_ Posted at 2017-11-27 16:41
OMG! That sucks so bad. They should have a way to roll the firmware back. Let me research some other forms about rolling it back and if i find something i will surly let you know brother.

thanks man.. im with you on this one.. i did my research. the only way to downgrade it (unofficially) is at https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... mware.22871/page-27 ... check the last post (its mine) we just cant
2017-11-27
Use props
jd_
New

United States

stivan Posted at 2017-11-27 16:43
thanks man.. im with you on this one.. i did my research. the only way to downgrade it (unofficially) is at https://mavicpilots.com/threads/how-to-rollback-mavic-firmware.22871/page-27 ... check the last post (its mine) we just cant

Geez! Not good. Well it was an ideal anyway. Thanks.
2017-11-27
Use props
jd_
New

United States

thanks man.. im with you on this one.. i did my research. the only way to downgrade it (unofficially) is at https://mavicpilots.com/threads/how-to-rollback-mavic-firmware.22871/page-27 ... check the last post (its mine) we just cant

I found a roll back for the android app.

https://youtu.be/8itB2tcprxM
2017-11-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans799afcf3 Posted at 2017-11-27 02:12
By the way, I have one suggestion for the improvement of pano shooting. As the longest pano shoot composes of 34 photos and this takes TIME to execute plus the extra time to process it. The controller is just dead during this period and may create a very dangerous situation if the battery is already low. Is it possible to add an escape button on the controller so that we can exit the pano shooting as soon as we like?
Also I find that the pano mode for night shooting is useless, as the exposure time is not enough for low light situation. Can we manually set the exposure time for pano shooting?

Just hit the record stop button and the pano mission will abort.
2017-11-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Mayoo Posted at 2017-11-23 21:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUlQJ1DpZMQ

Thanks much for posting this -- I expected panos to be waiting for me, stitched, on the MicroSD card and immediately viewable via the Go 4 app's editor.
2017-11-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Updated firmware on my iPhone 7 running iOS 11.1.2 and Go 4.1.8 -- only problem I had was in getting home and not being able to figure out where the stitched panos were. Luckily Mayoo shared his super-helpful video in this thread and saved the day.

I find it amusing that panos are stored in the Go 4 Editor's Spark album, and that sharing panos presents the not quite accurate "Look at this amazing piece I shot with my SPARK!" suggested copy.

Like others have noted, my 360 panos failed to nail exposure before firing the shutter and were all severely overexposed, however my vertical and hz stitches were underexposed. Expected stitched 360s to be navigable after uploading to Facebook but no-go on that.

Look forward to some tuning of the feature in future releases.

IMG_4334.PNG

IMG_4338.PNG
2017-11-27
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

afisch Posted at 2017-11-23 05:32
[view_image] Just done with the update, Settings are looking promising. Thanks for always updating our Mavics with new features DJI !

I upgraded also but the pano mode is not there !
2017-11-27
Use props
jd_
New

United States

Try this. Delete the app. The redownload the app. I just did this and my video problems are gone. Will fly tomorrow and see if the remote operations are better.
2017-11-27
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Lots of bad news in this thread, but I went ahead and updated everything anyway, and flew today with no problems. Used and iphone X and an ipad air 2, both worked perfectly. Only problem I had was some user error: crashed into a bush, lopped off the ends of my new platinum props. Oh well.
2017-11-27
Use props
AlejandroCalori
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18530 ft

Argentina

sduck Posted at 2017-11-27 21:01
Lots of bad news in this thread, but I went ahead and updated everything anyway, and flew today with no problems. Used and iphone X and an ipad air 2, both worked perfectly. Only problem I had was some user error: crashed into a bush, lopped off the ends of my new platinum props. Oh well.

Awww man, so sad to hear that. I've seen in a video that the new tips are thinner.
2017-11-27
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Australia

SMODomite Posted at 2017-11-27 06:17
Kind of wondering if I should keep my order, or just cancel at this point reading about all these update issues, and additionally a lot of issues with Android users... I have a Motorola G5 Plus which doesn't seem to be on the approved device list and really not wanting to spend another 200-300 on a mini ipad just for a screen for my Mavic. I would appreciate any input, really considering cancelling today and just not venturing into drones yet.

The failures get noticed, but most don't report success. I updated both firm wares first time with ease. This was my third upgrade in 6 months I have had mavic.
The first upgrade I tried updating on my wifi Surface Pro and found that the mavic interfered with the wifi transmission. Same process on my desk top computer plugged into the network runs very sweetly every time.  Some complain about all the updates, but remember these are actually quite sophisticated aircraft, and just like the big boys, there will always be updates.
DJI - I appreciate the updates partiucularly the add on functions such as Pano. Only tried the 180 so far.
2017-11-27
Use props
geosss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321138 ft
Australia

The latest android app is dangerous, do not use! cause loss of connection, video lag on an android 6.0 device. Very bad testing done by the development team before release such a dangerous update to users.
2017-11-27
Use props
djiuser_OWapJVj
New

Australia

I updated to the latest firmware and now get a 4 to 5 second delay on my s5 before it was great and will not let me do a factory reset
2017-11-28
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

rolling56 Posted at 2017-11-27 04:26
Click on the play button (lower right screen) then choose the Pano click on the Download arrow (i think it is lower right also) and it will download and stitch it. Then choose the Pano click on the Download again lower right to save to device.
I'm just going from memory and just woke up so i hope that is correct.By the way i am using my Pixel XL android device.

yep no I know that thx, I mean does it work for you? does the app stich the 360 sphere because mine gives me an error every time i try and so i cannot export the interactive photosphere to facebook for example or skypixel. for 360 and 180 pano the stitching works. I need to try again but it seems to be a bug watching some videos on youtube...
2017-11-28
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

RobDownUnder Posted at 2017-11-27 15:37
[view_image]
I had no issues on the firmware updates and test flight with S8 Samsung was excellent I took 4 180 panos and pleased with the outcome.
I have stitched photos from my Canon cameras for several years and must say this is pretty good. Some one talked about 'Crap' pano. There are sensible rules about stitching - avoid extremes of light, avoid hard straight lines. Because there will be quite a degree of lens distortion, particularly with wide angle lenses, the resulting photo will have very obvious distortion. I once did a stitch of a wooden bridge between two rock faces, and could not get all the bridge struts etc to align.

does the 360 interactive photosphere works for you it is actually my only problem when stitching the app gives me an error.... but from some video on youtube i think is an app bug... i'm on samsung S7 edge
2017-11-28
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

fans4f065f43 Posted at 2017-11-27 15:54

as for now if you have update the latest firmware dji precluded the possibility to revert back (at least the legal way...) try to find on google the procedure and there is a good youtube channel that explain well some procedure about the mavic pro

I don't know if I can post it here but i'll try anyway ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/digdat0/featured
2017-11-28
Use props
Lambie
lvl.2

Netherlands

If I get it right, it's not the v01.04.0100 firmware that causes all the above mentioned errors, but it's the (Android) DJI Go 4 app? So is it safe to upgrade the firmware, as long as you don't update the app to v4.1.18 (and wait until DJI fixes their failure)?
2017-11-28
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Australia

J.T. Posted at 2017-11-28 00:48
does the 360 interactive photosphere works for you it is actually my only problem when stitching the app gives me an error.... but from some video on youtube i think is an app bug... i'm on samsung S7 edge

I'll try 360 tomorrow, weather permitting.
Also, you can pluck the picture set off the SD card and stitch with the DJI Media Maker Ap on your computer post flight. You will get a bigger image than that saved to phone. The issue with phone download on 360 could be memory space for processing.
2017-11-28
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

J.T. Posted at 2017-11-28 00:44
yep no I know that thx, I mean does it work for you? does the app stich the 360 sphere because mine gives me an error every time i try and so i cannot export the interactive photosphere to facebook for example or skypixel. for 360 and 180 pano the stitching works. I need to try again but it seems to be a bug watching some videos on youtube...

sorry i misunderstood you.
Yes the interactive 360 works for me. I've only made one and deleted it after playing with it and showing my wife. Has been to windy the last 2 days to fly here in SW Missouri USA to try anymore of them. 35 mph winds i don't take a chance with lol

2017-11-28
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Lambie Posted at 2017-11-28 01:25
If I get it right, it's not the v01.04.0100 firmware that causes all the above mentioned errors, but it's the (Android) DJI Go 4 app? So is it safe to upgrade the firmware, as long as you don't update the app to v4.1.18 (and wait until DJI fixes their failure)?

ya seems to be the way it is at this point BUT people are having problems flashing the f/w also.
Up to you to risk it. I hate being a beta tester lol
2017-11-28
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2017-11-26 17:43
As I was reading through these comments I was thinking the same thing. Not a peep.

They are waiting for us to solve the problem for them.
2017-11-28
Use props
SMODomite
lvl.1

United States

RobDownUnder Posted at 2017-11-27 21:31
The failures get noticed, but most don't report success. I updated both firm wares first time with ease. This was my third upgrade in 6 months I have had mavic.
The first upgrade I tried updating on my wifi Surface Pro and found that the mavic interfered with the wifi transmission. Same process on my desk top computer plugged into the network runs very sweetly every time.  Some complain about all the updates, but remember these are actually quite sophisticated aircraft, and just like the big boys, there will always be updates.
DJI - I appreciate the updates partiucularly the add on functions such as Pano. Only tried the 180 so far.

I have decided at this point to get a refund. Since the Motorolla G 5 Plus isn't on their approved list and the app in the android store has some pretty bad ratings, I think I should wait until I have an ipad mini or something to get one of these to have less possible issues, but purchasing an additional tablet after making this significant purchase isn't feasible around the holidays. Now I gotta refuse the shipment and wait until they receive it for my refund which sucks considering I hit the cancel order button 6 hours after ordering and learning this, was told my order was being cancelled in the live chat, but right after that it said shipping and there was nothing that could be done but to refuse the package and wait
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules