5727 66 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monopdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 995531 ft
United States

Greetings,

Today I attempted to update my Phantom 4 and RC controller.  I updated the copter using DJI assistant - it appears to have worked properly.  I then attempted to update my R/C, but after the update began, the status light began rapidly flickering between green/red, and continued to do so for 30-40 minutes.  It continutes to do so.  When I turn on the copter, RC, and App, it connects to the bird but I can only intermittently see the image of the camera . I have not attempted to fly it.  It appears to be connected and linked, but not very well.    The safety quiz continually pops of up on the DJI GO screen.  After I answer all the questions correctly, it pops up again soon thereafter.  All the while, the status light on the transmitter flashes rapidly green/red.  I have relinked the copter and the device, and rebooted everything multiple times.  

The DJI go app does not indicate that any updates of the deviced are required.  When I connect to DJI assistant, it does not show that an update is needed.  I have connected my controller to my mac via dji assistant.  It recognized the controller, but when I click on the controller the assistant says "cannot load firmware list.  Please retry" . My internet connection is good.  

I suspect there was a corrupted install on one of the devices, but I cannot seem to fix the problem.  I greatly appreciate any suggestions!

2017-11-23
Use props
fansf02a672a
New

United States

I have this same problem!
2017-11-23
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
United States

fansf02a672a Posted at 2017-11-23 09:32
I have this same problem!

Hopefully someone will jump in and suggest a remedy.  I'd really like to fly today!  
2017-11-23
Use props
Jay Lenz
New
United States

I have this issue as well, was working fine then updated last night. Now I can't see an image from my drone camera and RED/YELLOW/GREEN flashing light on controller
2017-11-23
Use props
Jay Lenz
New
United States

I thought I'd let everyone know how I managed to fix my problem of not getting a Connection to the Phantom 4 ( Very broken/NO video/ No signal). The controller LED's were flashing multiple colours and no matter what I did I could not get it to connect properly to the drone. Updating the Drone didn't help either.    I contacted support and Im sorry to say they were no help and wanted me to send off the drone for repair but I wasn't having it as I'd seen someone on youtube with the same issue and I knew it could be solved. His method was different to mine though.     I believed the fix lied in updating the Controller firmware but I could not get a firmware download for the controller in any of the methods even the secret firmware update screen in the app. But To my surprise the DJI GO 3 app had the update sitting there for the Controller when the GO 4 didn't! I updated and as simple as that the Problem was solved. No mention of this while on chat to support. SO glad I managed to fix this issue as I really thought it was bricked.
2017-11-23
Use props
fanse64ef07b
lvl.1
United States

Same problem here......................updated to Go 4, will try the downgrade to 3 as above and report back.
2017-11-23
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
United States

Jay Lenz Posted at 2017-11-23 10:44
I thought I'd let everyone know how I managed to fix my problem of not getting a Connection to the Phantom 4 ( Very broken/NO video/ No signal). The controller LED's were flashing multiple colours and no matter what I did I could not get it to connect properly to the drone. Updating the Drone didn't help either.    I contacted support and Im sorry to say they were no help and wanted me to send off the drone for repair but I wasn't having it as I'd seen someone on youtube with the same issue and I knew it could be solved. His method was different to mine though.     I believed the fix lied in updating the Controller firmware but I could not get a firmware download for the controller in any of the methods even the secret firmware update screen in the app. But To my surprise the DJI GO 3 app had the update sitting there for the Controller when the GO 4 didn't! I updated and as simple as that the Problem was solved. No mention of this while on chat to support. SO glad I managed to fix this issue as I really thought it was bricked.

So you mean you loaded DJI GO 3 and when you connected and started it, it asked you to upgrade the firmware?  When i did it, it forced me to connect with Go 4.  I did try the "secret" method of rolling back the firmware from within GO  3, by holding down the icon for 10 seconds, and it rolled it back, or at least acted like it did.  However, it still won't connect properly and the controller still flashes the rapid green/red pattern .
2017-11-23
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

I have a brand new DJI P4 (standard) just 2 days old, after all the firmware updates I now have the same issues as @AshCphotos.  Spent hrs on the phone to DJI support without success, so they have suggested I send back the aircraft and controller to the dealer to replace!!! REALLY??

Issues are, Red/Green flashing LEDs on the controller, No Video Signal and No Tranmitter signal.  In the "About" screen on the GO 4 app, No aircraft information and Flight controller info is often blank.  There is definately a data transmition stream issue here.

I have tried the Assistant 2 application which resolved the P4's firmware issue but for the controller it reports "cannot load firmware list, retry?".  Have tried this 4 or so times without success.  The DJI GO 4 app, was the one which forced me to upgrade firmware in the first place,  it does not appear to have a way to force a reflash of the firmware for the controller and DJI support where no help when I asked for this.

So...How do I get the DJI GO 3 app (IOS) as I downloaded the GO 4 app is it just the other on the apps store and what are the steps force the firware reload?

If this is a non starter I see P3 guys are able to flash their controllers using a Thumb drive with latest DJIfirmware.bin file.  If this could help here where do I get such a BIN file from as it does not appear on DJI's site.

Please help!!!! As the aircraft and controller are $1K paperweight currently and I'm very disappointed... btw I tech savvy (25+ years in the IT/Eng industry)

Hugely disappointed so far
2017-11-23
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-11-23 15:09
I have a brand new DJI P4 (standard) just 2 days old, after all the firmware updates I now have the same issues as @AshCphotos.  Spent hrs on the phone to DJI support without success, so they have suggested I send back the aircraft and controller to the dealer to replace!!! REALLY??

Issues are, Red/Green flashing LEDs on the controller, No Video Signal and No Tranmitter signal.  In the "About" screen on the GO 4 app, No aircraft information and Flight controller info is often blank.  There is definately a data transmition stream issue here.

Mine has been great for a year....then for some reason I decided to upgrade firmware today.   (I should have paid heed to the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it.") .  After 45 min with support, they  suggested I send mine in for repair.  It seems foolish to send it in for what is obviously a software problem . On the bright side, mine is still under warranty by 4 days.
2017-11-23
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1916 ft
Canada

I had this IDENTICAL problem - the most frustrating and scary problem ever!! See my thread below, it worked for me. Tried updating through the computer, through the secret menu, no cigar. But updating through the "exclamation triangle" in the "enter aircraft" screen did the trick.

See my thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid949383
2017-11-23
Use props
Jay Lenz
New
United States

Monopdrone Posted at 2017-11-23 12:52
So you mean you loaded DJI GO 3 and when you connected and started it, it asked you to upgrade the firmware?  When i did it, it forced me to connect with Go 4.  I did try the "secret" method of rolling back the firmware from within GO  3, by holding down the icon for 10 seconds, and it rolled it back, or at least acted like it did.  However, it still won't connect properly and the controller still flashes the rapid green/red pattern .

only turn on the controller and it will connect to the dji go app 3, and go to the viewing option as if your ready to fly. and the spot that always turn green and let you the drone has GPS it will be RED press that and you should the update asking to be downloaded
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, the flashing green/red LED means that the RC has not been updated to the latest firmware. Please hold on the C1, C2, record button and toggle the ISO dial, then turn on the RC and connect with APP. A message of firmware update can be found in the status bar, please check and try again.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-11-23 15:09

Sorry for the inconvenience first. Please refer my reply in 12# and check whether it works.
2017-11-24
Use props
djiuser_dinho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25984 ft

Brazil

No Signal Resolved
My friend switched flat cable from gimbal and No Sign disappeared and the transmission of the image returned to work, this was the solution.
2017-11-24
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
United States

Jay Lenz Posted at 2017-11-23 20:35
only turn on the controller and it will connect to the dji go app 3, and go to the viewing option as if your ready to fly. and the spot that always turn green and let you the drone has GPS it will be RED press that and you should the update asking to be downloaded

That did it!  It's fixed!   Thanks so much Jay Lenz.   There must be a problem with the Go 4 app that prevents recognition of the need for a controller upgrade, or something like that.  I explained to support that it seemed foolish to send my unit in for what was obviously a software error . But they said "sometimes a software upgrade will stress the unit and cause physical repair to be needed".    Anyway, I am thrilled to have my unit back working properly without the hassle of mailing it across the country.  You da man Jay Lenz!
2017-11-24
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-24 00:10
Sorry for the inconvenience first. Please refer my reply in 12# and check whether it works.

Being new to the DJI product which is the ISO control? Is it the right hand side silver wheel?
I followed your suggestions but the controller did nothing different.  Not sure I fully understand your instructions steps, this is what I did.
1) Turn on controller
2) Press C1, C2, Record and scroll the RHS silver wheel back and forth (several times)
3)Still holding the buttons down turn off the controller
4) Turn on the controller, launch app....no message.  It does check the s/w but says its OK.
5)P4 is off during all this......still have Red/Green LEDs flashing
6)I have one big $1K paper weight
2017-11-24
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-11-24 07:25
Being new to the DJI product which is the ISO control? Is it the right hand side silver wheel?
I followed your suggestions but the controller did nothing different.  Not sure I fully understand your instructions steps, this is what I did.
1) Turn on controller

What worked for me was Jay Lenz suggestion about turning on the controller with DJI Go 3 on.  Then it allowed me to update the software, and DJI Go 4 worked after the update and the connection was good . It did not need relinking either.  I suspect your problem is the same .
2017-11-24
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Monopdrone and Jay Lenz .  Following process worked for me using a combination of suggestions which I list shortly below.

@DJI -- My user experience has been very poor with your telephone support teams who clearly have no ideas how to solve this issue and it would appear it is down to your customers on forums via trial/error/trial/get frustrated with more errors/trial again to fix something which is a serious issue with your firmware and it's installation processes.  The DJI GO 4 has no way to report what the firmware is on the RC this is a major limitation and I would recommend you provide an option in the next release which displays this value and offers a proper way to force a re-flash.  The issue is as "DJI Susan" says a problem with incomplete firmware upgrade, which bricks your RC.

Here is how I solved this issue:-

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)
2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft (SE and Standard are wifi, not sure if this would make a difference), using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.
3) Reboot RC, after a new minutes on shut off RC (not sure if this is really required, but it seemed right)
4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)
5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.
6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3
7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success !!!!!
8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC.  At the same time I closed off the DJ GO 3 app.
9) Reboot the RC again. Mine complained at low battery so I did a second reboot and 3 white LED battery level lights came up as well as the RED LED indicating no aircraft bound.
10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 app and BANG.... full signals on RC and Video feeds and NO flashing red/green led any more just solid green.  So fingers crossed for her maiden flight tomorrow ( double fingers crossed)

I hope this helps others; note the DJI GO 4 apps does the same if you hold the 3 dashed lines for 10s or more.  I did not try this route to roll back the firmware on the RC.

@DJI please can you make a proper guide how to force a firmware update.  Recommending sending back to the supplier or yourselves is just a waste of money and your time.
2017-11-24
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-11-24 10:09
Thanks Monopdrone and Jay Lenz .  Following process worked for me using a combination of suggestions which I list shortly below.

@DJI -- My user experience has been very poor with your telephone support teams who clearly have no ideas how to solve this issue and it would appear it is down to your customers on forums via trial/error/trial/get frustrated with more errors/trial again to fix something which is a serious issue with your firmware and it's installation processes.  The DJI GO 4 has no way to report what the firmware is on the RC this is a major limitation and I would recommend you provide an option in the next release which displays this value and offers a proper way to force a re-flash.  The issue is as "DJI Susan" says a problem with incomplete firmware upgrade, which bricks your RC.

I'm glad it worked for you! The method of using DJI GO 4 and pressing the 3 bars didn't work for me.  It showed there was no information, and didn't give me an option of rolling back or installing anything.  Thankfully the method using DJI Go 3 worked like a charm.  Happy flying!

2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Anyway, glad to know you solved it finally. Could you PM me your phone number when you contact the telephone support? We'll investigate and learn from this, thanks for your understanding.
2017-11-24
Use props
darrenhunter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114872 ft
Australia

Many  thanks

Saved me contacting support and having them tell me to send my software bricked RC in for fixing.

All it need was a re flash of a valid firmware - glad you have worked out the method.

And yes DJI support learn from this - enable this option in the DJI Go 4 App and document it - it will save you a lot of forum grief

thanks again
Darren
2017-11-25
Use props
Jpmock
New

United States

I am having the same issue.  Updated the AC 2 days ago via Mac and Assistant 2.   AC took update fine and is flyable but video feed is not working and red green yellow lights flashing on RC.  Go 4 app will not suggest an update for the rc and also says "aircraft version unknown".  Will not even list the rc version at all.  I have a good feeling it needs to update the RC but the app just will not detect this and seems to think the RC is up to date.  I don't even see DJI Go 3 app in the app store.  I will try to get the standard Go app and give it a try.
2017-11-25
Use props
Monopdrone
lvl.3
United States

Jpmock Posted at 2017-11-25 06:11
I am having the same issue.  Updated the AC 2 days ago via Mac and Assistant 2.   AC took update fine and is flyable but video feed is not working and red green yellow lights flashing on RC.  Go 4 app will not suggest an update for the rc and also says "aircraft version unknown".  Will not even list the rc version at all.  I have a good feeling it needs to update the RC but the app just will not detect this and seems to think the RC is up to date.  I don't even see DJI Go 3 app in the app store.  I will try to get the standard Go app and give it a try.

That's it - now it only shows as "DJI GO".  download it, turn it on then turn your controller on, but not your drone.  When you click the red area to enter the device, it should show that you need an update.  Update it and I bet you will be good to go!
2017-11-25
Use props
Jpmock
New

United States

This worked, finally!  Thank you!!  DJI you need some better QA!  
2017-11-25
Use props
djiuser_eVhmpCp
New
Flight distance : 1467 ft
United States

I have the DJI Phantom 4 Pro with the new large bright CrystalSky monitor.

I tried to follow this step by step, but the screens didn't match.  I tried the best I could to follow along.  

When I try to fly the drone the motors start up, the camera is fine but when I press the controls to fry the motors increase slightly but NOT enough to take off.

Like others, I'm VERY frustrated with my now expensive paper weight!

Any suggestions?
2017-11-26
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_eVhmpCp Posted at 2017-11-26 09:12
I have the DJI Phantom 4 Pro with the new large bright CrystalSky monitor.

I tried to follow this step by step, but the screens didn't match.  I tried the best I could to follow along.  

Hi djiuser_eVhmpCp,

Which step did not work? Maybe I can suggest that step more clearly. What I'm describing is how to re-flash the RC as it was giving the red/green flashing LED error and would not fly.  Yours sound somewhat different.
2017-11-26
Use props
Prwandersonsant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80997 ft
United States

skyguy17
You saved me from sending my drone to DJI I was having this problem and was driving me craze. I called the support and its unbelievable how they can't figure this out! they told me to send the drone in even i mention to them this is was after the firmware update! They should pay you for this advice and for you to help everybody including me on this forum resolve the problem. Thank You SOOOO Much!!!! and God Bless you!!!
2017-11-26
Use props
chriwi
lvl.1
United States

I had the exact same issue, and this process was the cure.  I will forego the criticism of the DJI software-its repetitive-as is the criticism of their support (oh, just send us the whole package back and we *may* be able to fix it....).  The ability to force a firmware update of both the drone and the RC should be easy enough.  Thankfully the users came through with the fix.  For what its worth, I was attempting to pair and use the new Goggles I bought with the drone RC when the whole things went in the toilet.  I will try again to get them to work.  

Also-thankfully I had an iPad that had the old GO app-which should be made available for download to help the users with just such issues so they can backrev the app for troubleshooting.
2017-11-26
Use props
InGo.
New
Flight distance : 204144 ft
Switzerland

Hi skyguy17,

Thanks a lot for your detailed description how to resolve this issue. I did a SW update today with the DJI Go 4 App on my iPad, but only my P4 was updated, not my RC. After that I had NO chance at all to recognise again and update my RC. I tried with my iPad, iPhone and PC running DJI Assistant 2.

Your solution finally helped me after a cancelled order today and about 4 hours of debugging, trying and solving. This really is a very very poor performance of DJI!

Once again thank you very much, you safed my day :-)
2017-12-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chriwi Posted at 2017-11-26 16:00
I had the exact same issue, and this process was the cure.  I will forego the criticism of the DJI software-its repetitive-as is the criticism of their support (oh, just send us the whole package back and we *may* be able to fix it....).  The ability to force a firmware update of both the drone and the RC should be easy enough.  Thankfully the users came through with the fix.  For what its worth, I was attempting to pair and use the new Goggles I bought with the drone RC when the whole things went in the toilet.  I will try again to get them to work.  

Also-thankfully I had an iPad that had the old GO app-which should be made available for download to help the users with just such issues so they can backrev the app for troubleshooting.

The 'old' go App' is available to all, it's what is used to control the P3 series and is freely available.
2017-12-6
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InGo. Posted at 2017-12-6 10:44
Hi skyguy17,

Thanks a lot for your detailed description how to resolve this issue. I did a SW update today with the DJI Go 4 App on my iPad, but only my P4 was updated, not my RC. After that I had NO chance at all to recognise again and update my RC. I tried with my iPad, iPhone and PC running DJI Assistant 2.

You're welcome !
2017-12-6
Use props
ludovicpizzera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5154 ft
Switzerland

Dear skyguy17,
thank you very much for your detailed description, how to resolve this issue :0)

I wish you a nice day, kind regards from Switzerland
Ludo

2017-12-6
Use props
Andrew Scott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459787 ft
Australia

Let me add my thanks (Brisbane, Australia here). I am profoundly grateful for Skyguy17's clear instructions and Aardvark's directing me to this thread.

I just spent 2 hours in chat with DJI Support. They were very patient and thorough but ultimately unable to rectify the problem. The chat concluded with a request to ship my Phantom 4 in for repairs, an action that would be costly in postage and quite possibly futile since it seemed that the problem was with the Remote Controller the entire time. I even gave this thread URL to the support person but he didn’t suggest I try this procedure. I only attempted it after trying everything they suggested.

I hope DJI can address this kind of issue in future software updates and perhaps train their support staff accordingly. I have very much enjoyed using my Phantom 4 so far and am relieved to have it returned to active service.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Andrew Scott Posted at 2017-12-6 18:52
Let me add my thanks (Brisbane, Australia here). I am profoundly grateful for Skyguy17's clear instructions and Aardvark's directing me to this thread.

I just spent 2 hours in chat with DJI Support. They were very patient and thorough but ultimately unable to rectify the problem. The chat concluded with a request to ship my Phantom 4 in for repairs, an action that would be costly in postage and quite possibly futile since it seemed that the problem was with the Remote Controller the entire time. I even gave this thread URL to the support person but he didn’t suggest I try this procedure. I only attempted it after trying everything they suggested.

Hey Andrew, nice to know everything works well now. Could you tell us the email address/phone number when you contacted our support? We'll look into the exact status and improve the service in the future, thanks!
2017-12-6
Use props
Andrew Scott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459787 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-6 19:26
Hey Andrew, nice to know everything works well now. Could you tell us the email address/phone number when you contacted our support? We'll look into the exact status and improve the service in the future, thanks!

Hi Susan, I'll PM you the case number.
2017-12-7
Use props
technokill
lvl.1
Ireland

Thanks Skyguy,

the script helped me to get back my drone.

I totally subscribe:
@DJI please can you make a proper guide how to force a firmware update.  Recommending sending back to the supplier or yourselves is just a waste of money and your time.

That is not a policy I await from a company with a product at a cost like this.

Thomas
2017-12-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Thanks for this but something is wrong as I cannot get into the camera part in Step 4.  Only thing is "How to Connect" but I cannot get into the main camera or flight page, just the "Phantom 3 Professional" is shown.

I did get back to 1.6.0 and now it shows 1.6.0+.  There is a provision to go to 1.8.0 and download, but no 1.9.3.

Having issues getting it to take 1.8.0 now too.  Hopefully, DJI hasn't turned GO 3 into some block somewhere.  I see they took out the Phantom 4 in some version of GO 3 as it sued to be there, but now gone in whatever the latest version is.

DJI should allow for a set back to "Factory installation" somewhere just to fly the thing, and then go to the current version.  This is getting annoying as it is now bricked until I get the thing to link along with the RC firmware to accept it.

2017-12-8
Use props
coach1
New

United States

Jay Lenz Posted at 2017-11-23 20:35

Hi Jay,,I am having the same problem as you described on you link..I am trying what you suggested and i have gotten to where I want to enter the dpi go ap with just the RC on but it just shows me the white screen with the phantom 3 pro..how do I get to the viewing option?
Thanks
2017-12-8
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

coach1 Posted at 2017-12-8 13:01
Hi Jay,,I am having the same problem as you described on you link..I am trying what you suggested and i have gotten to where I want to enter the dpi go ap with just the RC on but it just shows me the white screen with the phantom 3 pro..how do I get to the viewing option?
Thanks

Same here.  Stuck at Phantom 3 Professional screen only.  No entry into camera/viewing.

Maybe they changed GO 3 again?
2017-12-8
Use props
coach1
New

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-8 13:09
Same here.  Stuck at Phantom 3 Professional screen only.  No entry into camera/viewing.

Maybe they changed GO 3 again?

I was thinking it was just me....Hope someone else had this issue and can help or let us know what we may have done wrong..It is a pain
2017-12-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules