7899 41 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I have downloaded DJI Go 4.1.18 and Maciv Firmware 01.04.0100.  All works fine on my Galaxy S7 and Tab S2 but is unusable on my Galaxy S5.  I'm using the same cables to connect but the Video feed from the app is very pixelated and has significant lag making it unusable.

Is anybody else suffering from the same problems? Seems strange that this is working fine for the S7 and Tab S2 and the behaviour is completely different for the S5 - note I have plenty of RAM left on the S5, it is pairded down to be used as a dedicated device with only a few Apps installed.  I've also completely deleted the app, cleared cache and memory and re-installed but get the same issues.

2017-11-23
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Have seen more reports of this behavior after updating, I'm not taking the risk as it flies nicely without the lag. You can always take the S7 or S2, I do not have that many (luxury) options  
2017-11-23
Use props
Kokolino80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40203 ft
Slovenia

I have the same issue with MAvic PRO + Samsung S5 after latest update. I was trying with new cable, reinstall all, clear all, default config. but nothink worked out.  All work great on S2 only problem is that u have to restart the tablet because of USB connection bug on S2
2017-11-23
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

We have issues with Android v4.1.18. Take a look at this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=120739
2017-11-23
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-11-23 13:51
We have issues with Android v4.1.18. Take a look at this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=120739

Yes looks like a common problem a number of people are reporting similar issues on the DJI Mavic UK Facebook Group.
2017-11-23
Use props
Kokolino80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40203 ft
Slovenia

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-11-23 13:51

Thank you for a link for downgrade. I will wait  for new update % hope that issue will be fixed.
2017-11-23
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Kokolino80 Posted at 2017-11-23 14:49
Thank you for a link for downgrade. I will wait  for new update % hope that issue will be fixed.

There's a link posted in that thread to download and basic steps to the downgrade the app.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Andy, did the video lag in every place? What is the system of the Android system of S5? Please try to clear up the memories and change a cable.
2017-11-24
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The S5 is running Android 6.01 which is the latest update for this device.

The cable works on my S7 fine so the cable is definitely not the issue.  I've tested the S5 connector for data pass thru and that works fine so the S5 connector is not the issue.  I have deleted the app cache and storage, uninstalled the app completely deleted the DJI folders on the local storage and SD card prior to reinstalling 4.1.18 from the play store and the same issue persist.  Extreme pixelation and lag on the video feed (in regular mode) as well as lag on the gimbal operation.  Definitely an issue with the 4.1.18 app release for a number of devices, there are many in the UK on the Facebook Forum reporting issues with the S5, the Acer Iconia and the Nexus 7.  The app is unsafe and unusable for these devices luckily I have other devices to use but others do not.  In effect bad coding from DJI has turned a £1000 DJI drone into a brick.
2017-11-25
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

another dji update.....another Samsung product unusable.....seems consistent
2017-11-25
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

I lost my Mavic because of this issue!  I've not heard back from DJI Thor for help yet.  He was actually helping me through this issue a few days before the unthinkable happened.  I hope DJI replaces it- I have DJI Care but because of the circumstances I could not recover the Mavic...soooo dissapointed!!!  I am very experienced and did everything you did and more.  My lost was not pilot error and the video loss and lag caused my failure; including the failure to recover it even though I was LOS.  There is also an issue with telemetry data/sync with app and RC.  My battery level dropped very low without me knowing when and being unable to control it or precisely guide it to an optimal landing location, it auto landed in an area I couldn't recover it from; it may have also continued it's flight some distance away from it's last known gps fix.  Devastated! I return all my flights back to home when approx at 30 % battery to be extra safe and have 7 batteries to ensure I can easily do all my video shoots well with lots of power.  Hope DJI supports me fully on this; I've heard so much poor experiences that I am worried.
2017-11-25
Use props
Confuso
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same problem with my Note 4.

There is a problem with the new version of the app on some phones whether DJI admit it or not.  i downgraded and it fixed the problem so the drone, controller and phone are all good - the app, is crap
2017-11-26
Use props
djiuser_3vfO5Pa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28156 ft
United States

The image quality is also pixelated on my phone as I connect it to the RC remote via usb cable. It is running the latest Android on Samsung Galaxy Edge s7. (well this image was taken with my HTC 10 but this same issue is reproducable on my samsung edge s7 but I did not take a picture of it there. Just wanted to show you all what I mean by pixelation) Here is a screen shot.
Here it is for reference haha...

2017-11-26
Use props
MavicAlpha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243770 ft
Malaysia

your case are far better than me, my battery volt all empty, a lot error pop up. Video feed like yours full of pixels. but im not yet uodate to latest firmware, only DJI Go App
2017-11-26
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

Same here. Updated on Saturday.
Samsung S5 6.0.1 tested indoors and FPV unusable. Downgraded the app to 4.1.15 from a mirror, but had no time to test yet. Hope dji sorts it out fast
2017-11-27
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

martin joãoo Posted at 2017-11-27 03:07
Same here. Updated on Saturday.
Samsung S5 6.0.1 tested indoors and FPV unusable. Downgraded the app to 4.1.15 from a mirror, but had no time to test yet. Hope dji sorts it out fast

Should be ok I'm running 4.1.15 on the S5 at the moment.  There's clearly a major bug in 4.1.18
2017-11-27
Use props
SMODomite
lvl.1

United States

Just ordered my Mavic but since I have an android (Motorola G5 Plus) I am assuming I will have this issue. Should I just try to downgrade my app now before I even receive it?
2017-11-27
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

SMODomite Posted at 2017-11-27 04:56
Just ordered my Mavic but since I have an android (Motorola G5 Plus) I am assuming I will have this issue. Should I just try to downgrade my app now before I even receive it?

install .10 from apk mirror
2017-11-27
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like DJI have posted another DJI Go 4 App update on Android.  Version number is still 4.1.18 but the release date is 28th November in the UK.  Have updated again from 4.1.15 and the problems I had with my S5 seem to have been resolved, so app video feed is fine, gimbal response seems fine.  Will give it a test in day light tomorrow.
2017-11-28
Use props
fans8754bc2e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11030 ft
Russia

I use sgs5 with my mavic as well and never had lags until June's update. After some investigations I figured out that deactivation of config syncing photos to phone resolves issue. This 4.1.18 upgraded made my sgs5 unusable again (whilst sgs8+ working fine via same cable). I also noticed that in rare cases connecting was fine, but in most cases video was delaying for 5 seconds or poorly updating screen at all. After some playing with configs I found interesting thing - chances to have good connection to the phone higher when I was doing following trick:
1. With both drone and remote on I was unplugging usb cable.
2. Switching to Configs => developer options => usb configuration and changing settings to "charging".
3. Plugging in usb cable back.
After that video becomes normal, but all is back when you connect next time, so you have to do the same again.

To me it looks like either dji developers not taking into consideration some usb parameters of some devices or we have slow usb port on sgs5. If you remember or usb port is a but strange and for fast connection we should use specific wire called "samsung usb 3.0 port", so I have ordered couple of such cables just for test.

If you guys can test trick above and/or test original cable with remote - please let me know results. Who knows, maybe we will be able to direct dji towards resolution of that issue!

Thanks!
Slava
2017-12-3
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 173432 ft
Australia

fans8754bc2e Posted at 2017-12-3 15:19
I use sgs5 with my mavic as well and never had lags until June's update. After some investigations I figured out that deactivation of config syncing photos to phone resolves issue. This 4.1.18 upgraded made my sgs5 unusable again (whilst sgs8+ working fine via same cable). I also noticed that in rare cases connecting was fine, but in most cases video was delaying for 5 seconds or poorly updating screen at all. After some playing with configs I found interesting thing - chances to have good connection to the phone higher when I was doing following trick:
1. With both drone and remote on I was unplugging usb cable.
2. Switching to Configs => developer options => usb configuration and changing settings to "charging".

I discovered this thread today so I gave fans8754bc2e’s method a go with my MP.  Up until this trial I was getting extreme delays and pixel artifacts using DJI Go 4 ver 4.2.6 on my Samsung S5 on most flights.  My one trial today with the “charging” setting was 100% successful while two flights earlier today were badly affected with the display issues.  It might be too early to draw a final conclusion, but it is looking really hopeful.  I am surprised there has been no comments since December 3 2017 in relation to the method described by  fans8754bc2e.  Has everyone moved on to later phones?
2018-2-26
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Australia

Unfortunately the success I thought I had in the previous post was short lived.  All the flights today had bad graphics on the S5 phone regardles of the settings in "Development Options".  The delay and pixelation blurr was as bad as ever.  The following two images are shots I took of the S5 screen during the flights.  The blurred pixels start appearing from the bottom of the screen and can creep up to fill the whole screen.

Mavic-2.jpg

Mavic-1.jpg

I do not have another device to try so I am hoping that someone with an S5 can recognise the effect I am getting on the screen and recommend what I can do next.

Firmware 01.04.0100 or 01.04.0200 or 01.04.0300 (same problem on all)
DJI GO 4 version 4.2.6

2018-2-27
Use props
fans7c06abe2
lvl.1
United States

Andyh77777 Posted at 2018-2-27 21:28
Unfortunately the success I thought I had in the previous post was short lived.  All the flights today had bad graphics on the S5 phone regardles of the settings in "Development Options".  The delay and pixelation blurr was as bad as ever.  The following two images are shots I took of the S5 screen during the flights.  The blurred pixels start appearing from the bottom of the screen and can creep up to fill the whole screen.

[view_image]

I hope DJI or someone else has an answer for your problem as I am having the exact same problem as you with my MP and Samsung S5 phone ever since I downloaded all the new firmware and latest Go4 app.  My pictures look exactly like yours and the lag time is too long to safely fly.  I immediately started looking on the forum when I had this problem and see many others with the same issue.  Something definitely changed with the new firmware .
2018-3-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you tried the 4.1.22??
2018-3-4
Use props
fans7c06abe2
lvl.1
United States

fans7c06abe2 Posted at 2018-3-3 19:55
I hope DJI or someone else has an answer for your problem as I am having the exact same problem as you with my MP and Samsung S5 phone ever since I downloaded all the new firmware and latest Go4 app.  My pictures look exactly like yours and the lag time is too long to safely fly.  I immediately started looking on the forum when I had this problem and see many others with the same issue.  Something definitely changed with the new firmware .

I am running the same as Andyh77777...
DJI GO 4 v 4.2.6 and firmware 01.04.0300.
Have not gone back to try 4.1.22.
If I go back, what firmware would work with 4.1.22?
2018-3-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

tried to respond on your post but it would not process
2018-3-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

fans7c06abe2 Posted at 2018-3-4 16:57
I am running the same as Andyh77777...
DJI GO 4 v 4.2.6 and firmware 01.04.0300.
Have not gone back to try 4.1.22.

is your devise the s5?
looks like you just posted your message - just to confirm, sorry for this as your post is clear - the reason i am asking is because i was going to try a S5 tomorrow but it appears from your post that you are using an s5 and that you are having a problem - i am just trying to confirm your is an s5 because it is on the recomended list which i am sure you are aware of.
2018-3-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

hi andy - this is an old thread so i was wondering if you still use your s5 and if it works now or if its still a problem for you?
2018-3-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Kokolino80 Posted at 2017-11-23 13:46
I have the same issue with MAvic PRO + Samsung S5 after latest update. I was trying with new cable, reinstall all, clear all, default config. but nothink worked out.  All work great on S2 only problem is that u have to restart the tablet because of USB connection bug on S2

are you still using the s5 - is it still giving issues or is it working now?
2018-3-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

fans7c06abe2 Posted at 2018-3-3 19:55
I hope DJI or someone else has an answer for your problem as I am having the exact same problem as you with my MP and Samsung S5 phone ever since I downloaded all the new firmware and latest Go4 app.  My pictures look exactly like yours and the lag time is too long to safely fly.  I immediately started looking on the forum when I had this problem and see many others with the same issue.  Something definitely changed with the new firmware .

hows your problem with the s5 going. still problematic or does it work nicely now? thanks
2018-3-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Andyh77777 Posted at 2018-2-27 21:28
Unfortunately the success I thought I had in the previous post was short lived.  All the flights today had bad graphics on the S5 phone regardles of the settings in "Development Options".  The delay and pixelation blurr was as bad as ever.  The following two images are shots I took of the S5 screen during the flights.  The blurred pixels start appearing from the bottom of the screen and can creep up to fill the whole screen.

[view_image]

i am having the same problem on my devise sony z3 - it comes and goes inconsistently.
was going to try a s5 tomorrow - how is your going - still problematic or did it come right? thanks
ive been pulling my hair out with this issue for almost a year now on differnat devises. makes you wanna scream
2018-3-4
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-4 17:43
i am having the same problem on my devise sony z3 - it comes and goes inconsistently.
was going to try a s5 tomorrow - how is your going - still problematic or did it come right? thanks
ive been pulling my hair out with this issue for almost a year now on differnat devises. makes you wanna scream

The Galaxy S5 has been released with at least 3 different cpus and at least 2 different gpus.  This might be compounding the variable reports coming in from Mavic users.  Mine in the G900I model with the Snapdragon 801 cpu and the Adreno 330 gpu.

The combination of AC FW and App that I have been using on the last 10 or so flights is:
1.04.0100 firmware and 4.1.15 DJI Go4.  I have had virtually no display lag or artifacts with this combination.  I found that the 4.2.6 App to be the worst experience.

I really wish that DJI would weigh in now with a statement, even if it were to say that they are presently unable to cope with all the possible combinations of hardware and software but are working towards a solution.
2018-3-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Andyh77777 Posted at 2018-3-5 18:44
The Galaxy S5 has been released with at least 3 different cpus and at least 2 different gpus.  This might be compounding the variable reports coming in from Mavic users.  Mine in the G900I model with the Snapdragon 801 cpu and the Adreno 330 gpu.

The combination of AC FW and App that I have been using on the last 10 or so flights is:

Thanks Andy - the multiple versions on s5 explains a lot to me.

i too wis that dji would provide some answers - i cant make my questions to them any more simple yet they resolutely do not reply.
Part of my trouble shooting possibilities i considered was that maybe they do not know - but thats crazy because of course they must know yet why they do not take a few moments or minutes to explain is something i do not understand.

At least i am sure they do know so i have taken it off my list of potential problems.
I asked 2 moderators again recently for a short answer  - no reply yet :-(

But thanks for your answer this helps me undertstand something.
2018-3-5
Use props
djiuser_yNMJZDySvcBg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6079 ft
United States

I have the same problem with an S5 and S4 using version 4.2.6.
2018-3-8
Use props
Detlef Hommel
New
Flight distance : 2946 ft
Germany

djiuser_yNMJZDySvcBg Posted at 2018-3-8 05:51
I have the same problem with an S5 and S4 using version 4.2.6.

Same problem with Galaxy On5 (model SM-G5500), but with Android 5.1.1 (mobile was a gift to me).; DJI GO 4-version 4.2.6.  Working with RC I got images like the screenshot. Tomorrow (as today it's raining) I'll try with WiFi connection (there may be no USB-problems "in the heart of the mobile")...
Screenshot_2018-03-08-15-50-56.jpg
2018-3-8
Use props
Detlef Hommel
New
Flight distance : 2946 ft
Germany

Did it today with WiFi (instead of RC). Worked  with Galaxy On5 (model SM-G5500, Android 5.1.1) - filming/making pictures ( no problems. But doesn't work well in aktive track - won't follow etc.. I assume there's to much work/information to handle for the cpu of the mobile.
2018-3-9
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Australia

Detlef Hommel Posted at 2018-3-9 02:37
Did it today with WiFi (instead of RC). Worked  with Galaxy On5 (model SM-G5500, Android 5.1.1) - filming/making pictures ( no problems. But doesn't work well in aktive track - won't follow etc.. I assume there's to much work/information to handle for the cpu of the mobile.

While I wouldn’t be brave enough to give the S5 total control myself,  you do seem to have produced some evidence that an S5 should have enough grunt to be slaved over the wire to the RC with headroom to spare.
2018-3-10
Use props
fansad973bf6
New

United States

The issue here is not the cable, nor the DJI equipment, but the communication between the controller and the phone. Samsung is preventing communication via USB. DJI should be on top of this, but as we all know, product support for DJI is meh. Their canned "Try a different USB cable" is really just an annoying joke. Only upper level technical support may be able to help. Hopefully in the future, they will update the software to be compatible.
2018-5-7
Use props
ankittiwari
New

India

I have faced a similar issue with my phone as well. This happened after I changed my phone last year and then I had to visit a samsung mobile service centre in Mumbai to ask the technical person there to resolve this issue. I don’t know how the person corrected this issue but now my phone is working perfectly well. For more details visit - http://www.vcareservice.in/Samsung-Mumbai
2018-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

fansad973bf6 Posted at 2018-5-7 07:34
The issue here is not the cable, nor the DJI equipment, but the communication between the controller and the phone. Samsung is preventing communication via USB. DJI should be on top of this, but as we all know, product support for DJI is meh. Their canned "Try a different USB cable" is really just an annoying joke. Only upper level technical support may be able to help. Hopefully in the future, they will update the software to be compatible.

"Samsung is preventing communication via USB."

If that's the case then surely only Samsung can resolve the problem ?
2018-5-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules